Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Valley State Prison (VSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Valley State Prison (VSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Valley State Prison (VSP), located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith1988 View Post

Hi Mrs. Baldizan, would you be kind enough to let us know if any terminations occur this weekend? Enjoy your visit! Thank you!

Hey Everybody!!! Went to visit today, and at out of the visiting room that I was in, nobody's visits were terminated. But I do have one question....I stayed until 3pm when they said visit was over....does it normally take 45 minutes to get processed out so you can leave? I didn't even get out of the visiting room until 3:30pm.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbaldizan View Post
Hey Everybody!!! Went to visit today, and at out of the visiting room that I was in, nobody's visits were terminated. But I do have one question....I stayed until 3pm when they said visit was over....does it normally take 45 minutes to get processed out so you can leave? I didn't even get out of the visiting room until 3:30pm.
Thank you, Mrs. Baldizan! Yes, it is for security purposes. I usually come out of the visiting room ten minutes before.
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith1988 For This Useful Post:
mrsbaldizan (05-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith1988 View Post
Thank you, Mrs. Baldizan! Yes, it is for security purposes. I usually come out of the visiting room ten minutes before.

That's good to know! I'm not up for waiting that long to get out of there....I wait long enough to get inside! LOL
Old 06-01-2013, 07:31 AM

Can somebody tell me where you would buy the photo duckets there? I didn't really get a chance to look to see where they are sold at....
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 AM

Hi, in the visitor's processing center. Ask an officer at the processing counter for a photo ducket.

Last edited by Faith1988; 06-01-2013 at 11:22 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith1988 For This Useful Post:
mrsbaldizan (06-01-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 PM

Is anyone interested in carpoolin. I live in the Riverside/San bernardino area. Pm me if interested.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:00 AM

I am having trouble getting a response from an email and a message I left trying to schedule an appt to my fiancé. I called and the phone if not busy just rings is the ext. still 8705? I need help please how do I set up an appointment ? Also how many people adults n children are allowed to visit at one time? Can you visit on both Saturday n Sunday? I'll be flying and need to know. One last question are the rules for visiting with an infant the same for this prison as on the PDF form on the website? He hasn't met our daughter yet . . . Please help, thank you. I hope I'm doing this right
Old 06-06-2013, 05:33 PM

I am planning to visit my brother this Sunday. I'm not sure what time I will be there, I must drive from Santa Cruz. I'll be older guy with salt and pepper hair wearing slacks and a dress shirt. If you want to introduce yourself to me just ask me about my Studebaker. I'll know you're from Prison Talk.

This will be my first trip to VSP. My brother was transferred there last January from SCC.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM

Is there an "orientation" period where visiting is behind glass for the first week or two?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlainnocence View Post
Is there an "orientation" period where visiting is behind glass for the first week or two?
There is no orientation period at VSP. You will have normal contact visits even if he just arrived.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:05 PM

Default styrofoam

I would really like to have paper plates to be able to micro wave our stuff on than using the styrofoam bottoms that our food comes in, this is dangerous stuff we are eating after it is microwaved. I microwaved a hamburger on one of the black styrofoams our food comes in and after rubbing it with a paper napkin, black stuff started coming off into the napkin. I would rather have state napkins and have those chinsy napkins replaced with paper plates, semi good quality would do.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:16 PM

Default Possible incident at VSP visiting room??

I recently heard that while in visiting a convicted sex offender had a young child on his lap (not his child) and that because of this ALL convicted sex offenders will now only be allowed behind glass visits. (Even if their conviction was not due to a child).

Did anybody else hear anything about this??? If so, please share any info with us.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbasoco View Post
i am having trouble getting a response from an email and a message i left trying to schedule an appt to my fiancé. I called and the phone if not busy just rings is the ext. Still 8705? I need help please how do i set up an appointment ? Also how many people adults n children are allowed to visit at one time? Can you visit on both saturday n sunday? I'll be flying and need to know. One last question are the rules for visiting with an infant the same for this prison as on the pdf form on the website? He hasn't met our daughter yet . . . Please help, thank you. I hope i'm doing this right
vpass, I can schedule my appt a day before

Last edited by Beebeek1; 09-06-2013 at 05:32 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 02:57 PM

If the visitor has a minor with them while visiting a convicted sex offender then the visits are behind the glass. If no minor present then the visit is contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karren Ann View Post
I recently heard that while in visiting a convicted sex offender had a young child on his lap (not his child) and that because of this ALL convicted sex offenders will now only be allowed behind glass visits. (Even if their conviction was not due to a child).

Did anybody else hear anything about this??? If so, please share any info with us.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Donation Award 

Question Thanks

Thanks Magnolia i like that question. I need that information too. I understand there are no buses going there. Only across the street where there are women there. I called friends outside
kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Magnolia~ View Post
I know they haven't changed the info in this forum from being a women's facility, but does anyone know how the visiting process works now that it's a men's prison? Do they use VPASS? Do we need to make appointments? If so what days and times do we call and what is the phone number?

Any info would help. The guide in here is old and seems to be very outdated.

Thanks for any info.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:59 PM

You can use VPASS to schedule appointment and they also take phone appointments I believe on Mondays in the afternoon. The number to call 559-665-6100 ext 8650 i believe for visiting. VPASS is alot easier to use than trying to get through on phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firkttn View Post
Thanks Magnolia i like that question. I need that information too. I understand there are no buses going there. Only across the street where there are women there. I called friends outside
kara
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Donation Award 

Question Thanks

kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Magnolia~ View Post
I know they haven't changed the info in this forum from being a women's facility, but does anyone know how the visiting process works now that it's a men's prison? Do they use VPASS? Do we need to make appointments? If so what days and times do we call and what is the phone number?

Any info would help. The guide in here is old and seems to be very outdated.

Thanks for any info.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:08 PM

Hello i have a question, i have a jacket i would like to wear but the sleeve part of it is jean material...would this be allowed

Old 10-03-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love&war View Post
Hello i have a question, i have a jacket i would like to wear but the sleeve part of it is jean material...would this be allowed
Why risk being turned away? Wear something that no one could argue violates the dress code.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:57 PM

I wore got in thanks

Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Shirley n Angel 4EVER

Default Friends in da outside

Does does anyone have da number to friends in da outside at VSP. Thank you
Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 AM

Smile question on visiting

My husband was recently transferred from Wasco to Valley State Prison and now we finally got a scheduled visit, any specifics that would help? And how long are the visits?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2013, 05:56 PM

Visiting ends at 3.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Praying all are safe :)
Donation Award 

Default Vpass

Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to talking with people with loved ones at VSP. I got a VPass for this Sunday and I got a confirmation # (so I hope that means it's valid). But do they have visits that start at 11:00am? Because that's when I have mine. I'll be coming from 2 1/2 hours away, so I hope it's all good.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tialooey View Post
Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to talking with people with loved ones at VSP. I got a VPass for this Sunday and I got a confirmation # (so I hope that means it's valid). But do they have visits that start at 11:00am? Because that's when I have mine. I'll be coming from 2 1/2 hours away, so I hope it's all good.
Hi,
I believe you can sign up for appts starting as early as 8:30 am and then appts every 15 min until about 11. Of course you can visit after that without an appt, but you have to wait until all the appts are checked in, unless there are lots of no shows. In that case they sometimes call the lower numbers (that you pick up right after arriving) in to check in. Have a good visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to vetvet For This Useful Post:
tialooey (01-11-2014)