Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 12:35 AM

Default Oregon Carpool/Rideshare Requests 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryJ View Post
Hello...Thank you for accepting me in your forums.
My name is Sherry, I live in Florence Or & my son recently went to prison for 6 years at Snake River. His name is Jesse & he is 29 y.o. I am his only parent as father passed away when he was 5. I plan to remain his support system as best I can...I understand most friends & girlfriends move on eventually. I look forward to learning my way around here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by solid4him View Post
my bf just transferred from CCCF to TRCI for a three year set.
We started dating july 2010. He was arrested June 2013. I had our baby Nov. Dec he was sentsnced 6yrs 3months and I turned 22. I'm heartbroken but dealing. He's now at EOCI. So if anybody knows anything about eoci or could maybe help with car pooling that'd be great cause I live 6hours away.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:55 PM

Username:jakara
The prison I visit: OSP
Where I live: Portland

I'm looking for a ride
Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 PM

When my inmate was arrested he was the only one working.and I was pregnant. So me and my infant Are now basically in a shelter... its been Almost 7 months since I've seen him and he has yet to hold his baby.
I live on the coast, and need to get to EOCI. The sooner the better I'm saving up, or trying to so i can help with expenses.
I have a car but not sure if I trust it to go past Salem, Eugene or tillamook.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:44 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 PTOQ Editorial Team Member Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Winner 

Thanked 1,875 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Oregon Carpool/Rideshare Requests 2014

Hi everyone

Another year, another thread. The old thread has been locked but any for this year have been transferred over.

If you are looking for someone to carpool/rideshare with, please post the following in this thread:

Your Username
Which institution you're headed to
The date(s) which you are interested in going
Those of you wishing to link up for carpooling/ridesharing, please PM each other.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Disclaimer:

Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.

-Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.

-You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.

-Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.

-If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.

-Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.

-Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.

Finally, have a safe journey and enjoy your visits.

USA Green Card DV 2017 Lotto Winner for OC CN7**
The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, forgetting that you are special too
Previous International - Long Distance - MWI Relationship
Old 01-25-2014, 01:28 PM

Default Carpooling/roadtrip

I am in Portland, OR. My husband was just transferred to SRCI this week. He was in Salem before this. I obviously will not be visiting as often now that he's a good 6 and 1/2 hours away. But if anyone else is in a similar situation of needing to go from portland/salem/west side of the state of Oregon to SRCI, maybe we could go together. Save gas money, and chat about how much we love our inmates
Old 03-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Account Closed

Hey there, I plan a visit at TRCI in the course of this year. I will cross the oceans to see my man, because I'm heading towards from Europe.
Therefore, some more planning is needed. Approval for Visitation is outstanding since they needed some additional Information on my criminal Background (which I don't have ). Paperwork is on its way to them, via snail mail. It's said that it could take 6-8 weeks to approve, so ... right now, I wait for them to let me in.

I will land in Portland, and then probably go for a rental car. So if there's someone with mobility issues, I'm the one. I just don't want to make my way all alone to Umatilla.

Is anybody out there planning a visit from Portland to TRCI? Send me a PM.

S.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:08 PM

Default Snake River Ride Share

I will be going this summer the first trip being the weekend of June 13th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraymond2015 View Post
I am in Portland, OR. My husband was just transferred to SRCI this week. He was in Salem before this. I obviously will not be visiting as often now that he's a good 6 and 1/2 hours away. But if anyone else is in a similar situation of needing to go from portland/salem/west side of the state of Oregon to SRCI, maybe we could go together. Save gas money, and chat about how much we love our inmates
Old 05-16-2014, 12:54 PM

PDXLife
I'm interested in getting a ride to and from the Federal Prison in Sheridan Oregon from Portland. If anyone can help me I would gladly cover gas and possibly a quick bite. Thanks so much!!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:19 PM

Default From Eugene to Snake River

A friend whose son is at SRCI is looking for a ride from Eugene. Whenever. Wanting to stay a few days for a few visits, if possible, ...after such a long trek. THANKS.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 PM

Default Ride to SRCI Oregon

I would like to find someone that is going to SRCI I will share cost of gas and Motel cost.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:21 AM

LaylaW
I live in Hillsboro (but am in Portland all the time and have no problem coming in).
WCCI in Lakeview (Grants Pass)
I need a ride.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:50 PM

Hi. I am new to all this. Are you still going to eoci . I live in stayton and would love to rideshare.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:45 PM

Live in stayton and want to ride share to eoci. At this pt the sooner the better. Thanks
Old 11-14-2014, 11:38 PM

Default traveling to eoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup2019 View Post
We started dating july 2010. He was arrested June 2013. I had our baby Nov. Dec he was sentsnced 6yrs 3months and I turned 22. I'm heartbroken but dealing. He's now at EOCI. So if anybody knows anything about eoci or could maybe help with car pooling that'd be great cause I live 6hours away.
looking for people to go over with, i hope to get to eoci a few times a week. please let me know, maybe we can set up some rideshares
Kim
Old 11-15-2014, 06:13 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,065 Times in 16,175 Posts

kitn09, you may want to send a private message to others looking for a RideShare....just click on their user name

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 11-16-2014, 01:52 PM

My boyfriend is at TRCI in Umatilla. I am looking for someone to ride with from Eugene or Salem. I have a vehicle but don't trust it to take it all the way to umatilla. Anyone interested in staying Saturday night in a hotel so we can attend Saturday and Sunday visits would be preferred. In the past 3 women can make the trip for about $45 per person which included hotel and gas.I am willing to go almost any weekend and want to make it a regular thing. My man has 13 months left and I miss him so bad. Message me. Thank u
Old 11-16-2014, 01:55 PM

Need arrangements to TRCI from Eugene or Salem. Will split cost.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:37 PM

I live in Portland, if anyone is planning to go to Shutter Creek in North Bend please let me know.
I'm willing to drive or be a passenger. Splitting the costs is obvious, I'm a non-smoker or drinker with excellent driving record.
If you live south along I-5 between Portland and Cottage Grove I can pick you up, I'm also willing to take Hwy 101 South.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:39 AM

Default Ride to occ

Does anyone have someone they are trying to visit in OCC? My boyfriend is in Ozette unit and I would like to go visit whenever possible. I can help with gas and I am really flexible on day and time. I do know about the Mathews House bus and have used it. I am always willing to explorer other options that may benefit me and someone else. You can contact me here or at (Removed per policy; Please contact member via pm system)

Last edited by patchouli; 12-09-2014 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: Removed email address
Old 01-06-2015, 04:29 PM

Can anyone plz direct me to where I can find ride shares to Pendleton&Umatilla? Thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2015, 05:44 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,065 Times in 16,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing_Him<3 View Post
Can anyone plz direct me to where I can find ride shares to Pendleton&Umatilla? Thanks in advance
I moved your post to the RideShare thread.....its located in the Oregon Prison Visitation sub-forum Feel free to send a private message to other members who have posted in the RideShare thread, just click on their user name.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Closed Thread