Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Massachusetts that do not fit into any other Massachusetts sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:47 PM

Default Number system at gardner

For those that visit gardner. There is a numbers system so that those whom get their first can get in first its sort of done on a honor system. Just a lil info to give so if you see cars lining up get your number from one of the regulars and stay close to the door.

People will take your number which almost made me flip but I put it in my mind they must have really wanted to see their loved one. So I let it go and I still got to see my brother and that is what mattered most
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2015, 09:54 AM

Right you are, about the number system. I go to Gardner weekly and we have a pretty good system set up.

We get there early and wait in our cars on the road leading up to the prison. WE do the numbers to keep it straight ourselves, sometimes the COs honor our numbers and sometimes they don't. So we use the numbers we pass out to keep in line when we take the numbers in the visitors room. Some people get real bent out of shape about who was in front of whom. Which I totally, understand; there is so much we cannot control that we want to control the little things that we can.

I attach the number I get at the cars AND whatever number I take when entering the visit room and let the CO figure it out. Please, do not get snarky with the CO because then they'll just say, "we're not honoring ANY numbers!" (God forbid they have to work a little harder.)

We need to remember to support and be kind to each other. We are like extended family and we need to stick together.

Bridget