Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Calipatria State Prison (CAL) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calipatria State Prison (CAL) - California Topic and discussion specific to Calipatria State Prison in Calipatria, CA.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:03 AM

Default Transferred, I have ex cellyís photo/Updated, need Calipatria's address!

I need your help. Last year my friend has asked me if I could help his celly find a pen pal, which isn't a problem for me. I was also asked that when he finds a photo of himself, if I could put that up with the ad, also not a problem. So yesterday I got his photo in the mail and this is where it becomes a problem. My friend just transferred and I know the celly can transfer any day too. In the letter I got yesterday it said that this photo is the only one the cellyís mother has. So I donít want this photo to get lost in the mail and forwarding mail from one prison to the other doesnít always go too well, so Iíve read. I donít know what to do right now. Should I write the celly so he knows I got the photo and he can tell me whether or not itís a good idea to send the photo? Maybe also send along a copy so his mother has a photo of her son for the time being? If that copy gets lost, than no harm done. Or wait until I hear from my friend and ask him what the best thing to do is? Iím stuck on what to do, so if you have any advice I would really appreciate it!

Also does anyone know who the moderator for the pen pal section is, or can I contact any moderator to put up a photo?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2015, 02:37 AM

Thanked 5,984 Times in 3,114 Posts

I'd get a few copies and send the pic back. Its not expensive and it would be nice for the guys mother to get back her sons picture.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Baer (04-24-2015), miamac (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I'd get a few copies and send the pic back. Its not expensive and it would be nice for the guys mother to get back her sons picture.
I haven't thought about that. My scanner isn't that great, good enough but you can see little lines. Going to a photo store and have them make copies is actually a real good idea and much better quality haha. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fasalijntje For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-24-2015), xolady (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,900 Times in 7,765 Posts

I've had photos sent to me of other inmates my LO has made close bonds with. They've since transferred and they keep me updated so I can give LO a hello from them. I always make copies of the pics-- 1 for my LO, 1 in a scrapbook at my home for when my LO is released* and an extra + the original sent back to the inmate. They always appreciate the copies.

*the reason for the scrapbook of photos is because he was transferred once and none of his pictures made it with his property. pics of friends, family, his kids...all gone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Baer (04-24-2015), LaLaLoveCT (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,035 Times in 12,727 Posts

Many of the drugstore chains make copies of photos too.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:10 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,013 Times in 16,151 Posts

You can pm any Moderator about updating a pen pal ad that you've posted

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Fasalijntje (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I've had photos sent to me of other inmates my LO has made close bonds with. They've since transferred and they keep me updated so I can give LO a hello from them. I always make copies of the pics-- 1 for my LO, 1 in a scrapbook at my home for when my LO is released* and an extra + the original sent back to the inmate. They always appreciate the copies.

*the reason for the scrapbook of photos is because he was transferred once and none of his pictures made it with his property. pics of friends, family, his kids...all gone.
Iím pretty sure Iíll become a mail pigeon for helloís as well haha, but thatís okay. I know the ex celly doesnít get a lot of mail, so a hello from his friend and from me wonít do him any harm.
That really sucks that your LO lost all his photos! The scrapbook is a great idea and that way he doesnít have to worry about losing any, plus itís fun to look at
My friend has sent me photos that he wanted me to see, and when I told him I made copies (scanned them and keep it on a memory stick) he was really happy to hear that. Next time he sends me some Iíll take them to the photo store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Many of the drugstore chains make copies of photos too.
Unfortunately Dutch drugstores only have a machine where you can put your memory card in or connect with your phone. At least the drugstores around my tiny village do, weíre way behind lol

Iím going to the store tomorrow and in a few days time I can pick up to copies. Thank you all for your help!
Old 06-03-2015, 04:42 AM

And yet again I need your help.

I wrote the ex celly a letter and sent his photo along with it on the 7th of last month. Before I sent that letter out I checked the inmate locator to see if he had been transferred in the meantime. Turns out he transferred to Calipatria and because I donít know his new facility or any other information except his name and number, I sent it to the general mailing address. I got my letter back with ĎCDC wrong, RTSí written on the envelope. I am a prison noob, so bear with me lol. As far as I understand CDC means prison, so that would mean the ex celly is not at Calipatria? Iíve checked the inmate locator several times the last few days and it keeps saying he is there. I donít know what to do right now. If I need his housing information, I canít send his photo back to him because I donít know it. And if he is indeed at another prison, I wouldnít know where to start to find out where he may be.

Maybe Iíve interpreted it wrong and ĎCDC wrongí means something else, I donít know. Do any of you have an idea on whatís going on and what I should do next?
Old 06-03-2015, 05:26 AM

It might be that you need to send the mail to the inmate mailing address and not the general address. Annoying for Calipatra as they have a different zip code for each housing unit. I would still try one of those and it might get internally sent to the correct housing.
The Following User Says Thank You to littleun For This Useful Post:
Fasalijntje (06-03-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleun View Post
It might be that you need to send the mail to the inmate mailing address and not the general address. Annoying for Calipatra as they have a different zip code for each housing unit. I would still try one of those and it might get internally sent to the correct housing.
Yes it is annoying, and it doesn't say on their website which level is on what yard. Calipatria likes to be a pain in the ... I guess lol Anyway, I've done some digging on here and I think he can only be at 3 yards, it's either A, B or the ASU. So I have 3 tries left I won't send his photo until I hear back from him and have the correct address to write to.

Thank you for your help
Old 06-05-2015, 02:54 AM
It's Not Funny Anymore

Just sent it to one of the housing yards, it'll get forwarded to him eventually. You can call records but I see where you live so it maybe harder for you to call this far. Good luck

~ Enough is Enough~