Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:04 PM

Default I'm going to Pekin on 3/12

I'll be self surrendering. My name is Melissa, I'm from Little Rock
AR. I have a 36 month sentence.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 PM

My husband and I are self surrendering on May 2nd 2007. I live in central Fl. I have 8 months and he has 16 months. We just got sentanced 1 week ago and my PO was telling me we may have to wait even after the surrender date to find out where we're going since they are pretty full. I guess this means we could sit in county for awhile or even the hole!

Also, my PO said there are still rapes etc that go on in the camps and this TERRIFIES me. Not only for me but my hubby. You know, I know I did wrong and Im willing to do my time but I don't want myself or my husband to get raped or hurt. I;m so scared. Please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks
Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 AM

(((lacubana007)))

First of all, welcome to PTO!
Second of all, take a deep breath, you and your husband will be fine.

You will get more responses to your post if you start your own thread instead of adding to an existing one. I am assuming your case is Federal so you should do that in the Federal Forum under member introductions.

You should also go through the Federal forum and read the existing threads and you will find the answers to your questions as they are very common and have been answered many times. It's perfectly fine to be asking again, but check the old threads too. Also just spend some time reading and you will find lots of other helpful information. You will find answers to questions you don't even know to ask. My husband is in on a 13 month sentence and I have found tons of useful info, not to mention great support.

Regarding violence in camps, I really want to reassure you that I think you have been misinformed and that it is not something you need to worry about. In the 7 months my husband has been in he has seen 3 fights. All 3 times, both men volunteered, no one was jumped or forced to fight. One was over a basketball game, one was over a chair, one was over a theft. As long as you and your hubby are not looking for trouble, you do not need to fear physical violence. As for rapes, that is even less likely. He says there are relationships going on that are voluntary on both parts, but even those are done discretely, as in you are not going to be bothered by what others do.

Check the thread on self surrender. It is best to avoid turning yourself into the Marshals if you can avoid it. If you do not have your designation, getting an extension is a possibility. I am short of time now, but I will come back and give you some links to recent threads discussing this.

I know it is very hard to think about being locked up, but the more information you get about what to expect, the easier it will be to deal with it. Your sentences are both very short and you will be in the least dangerous facilities, for that reason. You will both be fine. There are many members on here that have survived this ordeal and they will be see your post and be there to support you.

Hang in there. It is going to be OK!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacubana007
My husband and I are self surrendering on May 2nd 2007. I live in central Fl. I have 8 months and he has 16 months. We just got sentanced 1 week ago and my PO was telling me we may have to wait even after the surrender date to find out where we're going since they are pretty full. I guess this means we could sit in county for awhile or even the hole!

Also, my PO said there are still rapes etc that go on in the camps and this TERRIFIES me. Not only for me but my hubby. You know, I know I did wrong and Im willing to do my time but I don't want myself or my husband to get raped or hurt. I;m so scared. Please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks
I wouldn't let myself get too worried about Federal detention camps. They are nowhere near as bad as State institutions, and time in one of them is pretty sweet by comparison.

Just use the time between now and May to learn how to access the search capabilities of PTO. Search for threads containing ideas on how to conduct yourself in ANY prison... things to do... things not to do, etc. (Be creative in the words you search for)

Most any of us could go through the archives, and mark items for you to read, but that is not really helping you use your initiative. (Something you WILL have to develop for life in prison) If you spend the time and effort to ferret out these jewels of information for yourself, it will have a much greater benefit for you.

Trust me, you will gain a much deeper and useful understanding from doing it that way than you ever would from just having a few answers given to you here and now. You will also run across valuable information that you may not have thought to ask about, or that we may not have thought to tell you.

Mostly, you simply need to develop the confidence to know that you will be doing the right things at the right time. This is not hard.... but it will take the investment of ten or fifteen hours online here. After one short evening here (turn off the TV ) , you will begin to get the hang of how to find the info you need.

Prison is not the horrible thing you've heard. It's lousy, but survivable. It's life... just like life that goes on anywhere else. Your part in this adventure is learning how it differs from the life you are used to now, and how to conform to the pattern. And, with a little effort, you will.

HINT: Before long, you will begin to see a pattern of competent, repeat posters who are putting out things truly worth reading. Their names will come up again and again as the authors of good and informative posts. (One of them posted just above this post, even while I was typing this) Follow their names in the SEARCH pages, and you will learn volumes. Also, check out various forums.... You'll quickly learn the ones where valuable information can be found, and also the ones that you might prefer to simply avoid. Our forums are a lot like individuals..... if you get my drift.

Last edited by GHOTI; 04-10-2007 at 11:29 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 PM

I'll be ss 5/31/07 for 60 months
Christopher Thompson 36434-086
FCI Sheridan
Old 05-28-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Trying to get it together.

Kathleen Edwards #19497-045 FCI Greenville Satellite Camp. Greenville IL ss. MAY 15, 2007 30Months Birthday SEPT 05

Last edited by rustys; 05-28-2007 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: To put her serving time in, ADD Birthday
Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 PM

I'll be ss on 7/17/2007 for 33 months
Here is my info:
Stacey Rogers #33628-044
Camp Alderson
Glen Ray Rd Box A
Alderson, WV 24910

After 10 weeks waiting for my designation and date Im just ready to get this started so it will be over with and I can move on with my life. Nervous, but not scared.. the worst I feel is over.. the wait was terrible
Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 PM

Default fed prisons

Im getting sentenced and would like some info about fed prisons
Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Rise Above It

ask me anything you want to know....
Old 09-20-2007, 04:22 PM

Default ss on 10-16-07

I will be self surrending to FMC Lexington Satellite Prision Camp (SPC) on October 16th, for aprox. 10 months

Christina Finney
#33960-044
FMC Lexington
PO Box 14525
Lexington KY 40512-4525

anyone that would like to write or just keep in touch.. please do..
also - feel free to write when other PTO members are coming in, hoping that while I am there - after I get settled in, I can help someone else just coming in..

Thanks,
Christina
Old 10-20-2007, 05:50 PM

USP Lompoc (assuming and hoping the camp)
15 Month sentence
Not sure what else to include...
Oh SS date is Nov 1
Old 11-28-2007, 09:46 PM

Im too exited!!! I have to surrender on Dec. 12th to Lexington. I was emailing back and forth with christina (Idyfinney). and just noticed she is there also - Hopefully I bump into her
Old 11-29-2007, 07:36 AM
-----------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,912 Times in 2,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme48915
Im too exited!!! I have to surrender on Dec. 12th to Lexington. I was emailing back and forth with christina (Idyfinney). and just noticed she is there also - Hopefully I bump into her
I just received a letter from another pto member, Bking27 who is at Lexington and she said that LDFinney is there and has spoken to her
Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 AM

Im going to write her before I go. Hopefully I find her.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:20 AM

Default Federal Camp

I don't know where I'm going yet but I have my registration number and it's the following

Michelle Lee #21409-076

Please continue to look at the BOP website for my location. I'm a first time user on this website
Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv
I got sentenced on June 12th- this monday- We went in with the DA and probation on my side fighting for 4 months camp and 10 Home det. Judge decided different and now on aug. 7th I go for 10 months, most likley to Atwater Camp, Ca. Cant believe Ill be missing almost a year of my kids lives.. It sure came as a shock- Im sure for some of you thats short time and my hats off to you and your families. The FBI opened my door with guns almost 4 years ago--- i cant believe its drug on this long. Does anyone know someone at Atwater Camp or know anything about it?
Kevin
My husband is in Atwater Camp in California he's served almost all of time and should be coming home in late June. Please feel free to try to contach him. Last name Harper reg# 16801-076
Old 02-11-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed-X
I think it might be a good idea to list PTO members that are now in federal custody and where, so that future PTO members that are self-surrendering may have a point of contact at certain institutions. In short, someone to meet up with once they get to a facility and that might be able to give the new person a few pointers.

If you are going to a federal institution and have already been designated, please post in this thread or send a PM to one of the moderators here so that we can add your name to this first post.

It is always nice going some place where others might be waiting to help.

Thanks,
Fed-X

Please place your birthday in your post as well...no need to post year!
mMy husband is in FCI Petersburg -Medium Petersburg Va. 3-14-56
Old 02-11-2008, 10:39 PM

Fci Petersburg-medium
Petersburg Va. 3-04-56
Old 02-12-2008, 12:45 AM

Default Designation

No designation yet (hoping for Bryan TX) but here is my registration number: #13578-078. I will ss on April 7th 08.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Donation Award 

Self surrender as of 8/15/08 j chalet: Schalet Jackson 20920-058
FCI Tallahassee
501 Capital Circle NE
Tallahassee, FL 32301

Thanks to the PTO for support & encouragement! See ya' when I get out!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:11 AM

Default tainox

JEROMY JACK VAZQUEZ SANCHEZ #30500-069
FPC PENSACOLA
FEDERAL PRISON CAMP
110 RABY AVE
PENSACOLA, FL 32509

self surrender in august 26 2008 for a 27 months sentence. release date july 29 2010.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Donation Award 

If somebody has self-surrender to TH FCI-they can pm me.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM

Default I am on my way to El Reno

Am very new to this and may be sent to El Reno, minimum security, Federal Prison. Can you tell me anything about it. Have heard that the air conditioning is horrible....anything that you know about the facility from an inmates point of view would be appreciated.

Corgi
Old 12-23-2008, 04:34 PM

Arrow Reporting 12/29/2008

F.C.I. Tallahassee
Alexia Dix #37390-086
501 Capital Circle N.E.
Tallahassee, FL. 32301

Report Date: 12/29/2008 for a 27 month sentence
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 PM

Default coleman federal prison for women

i have to report to coleman on the 20th of this month .does anyone have information on it