Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:03 AM

Default Finally heard from LO/Info on Coyote Ridge?

My LO finally called me. He was transferred to Coyote Ridge this week. I was surprised because the names he was told was Monroe, Stafford Creek and Walla Walla. I have to say, I'm relieved because I was really worried he was going to Walla Walla and I've heard nothing good about it. Does anyone know how CRCC is?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,841 Times in 3,084 Posts

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Coyote Ridge, but I'm happy for you and him both! Whatever it takes to keep the stress levels down. Is CRCC closer to you for visitation?
Old 10-01-2016, 08:39 AM

I filled out the visitation form so now I'm just waiting for that to be approved. He's just relieved to finally be moved to his home prison. He's preparing for his appeal, but it may take a year for it to go to court. In the meantime he said he is going to make the best of a bad situation and take classes and he'd really like to get on the dog training program. One of the jobs there is prison maintenance. He was a contractor before this all happened so that would be a good job for him. He wants to learn all he can while he's there so he can transition back into life on the outside when he is released. As much as I hate that he is in prison, I'm so relieved he is finally out of reception, that was truly harder to deal with than county jail. I know there will be more hard days ahead but for now we both feel better.
The Following User Says Thank You to jen1220 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

The appeals process is long, but it is not nearly as stressful as the beginning of this process. And now that he's in his home institution, things will be a lot easier. Not more fun, not even pleasant, but a LOT less stressful.

It sounds like he's got a good attitude, and that will help him and you both in the long run. You'll learn the system as he does, and that "new normal" will settle in.

Glad to hear that he's feeling relieved and that some of the stress/burden has been taken off of your shoulders as well.

Gin
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
jen1220 (10-01-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 01:16 AM

Thanked 1,462 Times in 799 Posts

I can't offer much, just some things that DOC employees told the state Senate committee.

One said that meth is readily available. That's worrisome.

More than one guard complained that there's too much programming for inmates and that the people who run it are given too much recognition. Now that's a good thing! There's a dog program.

Video chat is supposedly available.

Anyone with first- or second-hand knowledge is more worth listening to than I am and I hope such people join the thread.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor activist View Post
I can't offer much, just some things that DOC employees told the state Senate committee.

One said that meth is readily available. That's worrisome.

More than one guard complained that there's too much programming for inmates and that the people who run it are given too much recognition. Now that's a good thing! There's a dog program.

Video chat is supposedly available.

Anyone with first- or second-hand knowledge is more worth listening to than I am and I hope such people join the thread.
Thank you for the info. I'm not concerned about drugs concerning my LO, he never was a drug user and is in fact, staunchly anti drug. I would love to be able to video chat. I haven't seen him since June and am waiting approval to visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to jen1220 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (10-03-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 04:52 PM

Coyote Ridge is nice. The visit staff is super nice too. Are you close to there?

every moment together is a blessingand I have faith that he's coming home soon!
Old 10-11-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbygirl372001 View Post
Coyote Ridge is nice. The visit staff is super nice too. Are you close to there?

That's good to know. I'm a few hours away, but plan to visit as soon as I'm approved. I finally got letters from him today, a week and a half worth. The one of the first day he said "I really hate this place" but by the last letter he had started to adjust and was more himself. He's strong, he will find his way in there. He is also happy with his counselor so far.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Quote:
The one of the first day he said "I really hate this place" but by the last letter he had started to adjust and was more himself. He's strong, he will find his way in there. He is also happy with his counselor so far.
I think it's human nature to hate change. Or at least to hate change over which we have no control. But humans are also highly adaptable, and as you say, he will find his way.

Good thing that he's happy with his counselor. A decent relationship with the counselor can make a HUGE difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
jen1220 (10-11-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 07:02 PM

I will probably be making the trip in the spring. Right now the roads are too icy over there. Hope you get to visit soon!

every moment together is a blessingand I have faith that he's coming home soon!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Default Coyote Ridge Info

Hi there - I visited Coyote Ridge on New Year's Eve and it was very well-organized. The visit staff was friendly and efficient and although they do enforce the rules, they're polite about it. The visit area was clean and there were pretty good food options.

My inmate says this is the facility where they send guys who have had trouble somewhere else, so lockdowns are pretty frequent. Also, they seem to have phone, mail, and jpay issues, so be patient. The phones might be affected by weather and although he gets my mail pretty quickly, I don't always get his quite so fast.

He hasn't mentioned drugs or anything, but it's not something he can or should discuss on the phone or letters even if he knows something.

When I went to visit in Medium, I had to take a number from a machine outside and bring it in with me to get signed in. If people didn't have it, they had to go back out and get it. They don't allow watches or hoodies or fur-lined boots - that was holding up some of the people visiting in December. They had some larger lockers so you could probably change shoes inside if there was a lot of snow in the parking lot. At Walla Walla, they lockers were tiny so that wouldn't have been possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to mika87 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (02-08-2017)