Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:01 AM

Default Lost Property when transferred: What is the number for Receiving & Release?

My son was transferred from San Quentin to Centinella and a lot of his property never made it with him. He is particularly upset about his guitar not making it on the bus. Who do I contact to find out what they did with his missing property and why can't they keep track of it when they have no problem keeping track of him...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2017, 10:20 AM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

Well im not from where you are but i would start with the property room where he was previously and then see what they say.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 AM

Default Lost Property when transferred

Anyone know the number for the Receiving & Release Sargent? My son was missing a lot of his property when they transferred him from San Quentin to Centinella. He is particularly upset about his guitar.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:21 AM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by obliz53 View Post
My son was transferred from San Quentin to Centinella and a lot of his property never made it with him. He is particularly upset about his guitar not making it on the bus. Who do I contact to find out what they did with his missing property and why can't they keep track of it when they have no problem keeping track of him...
It's possible the property tag fell off of the bag. He can kyte the property room at his new location and tell them what's missing. They do keep pretty close track of what people own for legal reasons. It may take a bit to get sorted out. If it turns out to be a problem, he can file a Tort claim for replacement of anything that is actually lost.

He should do this, not you. Having "Mom" handle this stuff never goes over well and may actually work against your son's favor in getting all his stuff back. As long as he's respectful and persistent, and has a good list of what he had, he should have minimal problems.
sidewalker (04-14-2017)