Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the North Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:41 PM

Default On probation, denied visitation at Carteret. What can I do?

My husband is in prison at Carteret correctional center in NC, they denied me to visit since I'm on probation, I wrote The superintendent to see if they would make an exception, they wouldn't. What do i do next, my husband has 18 months, And i have 2 years on probation. Any advice. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,954 Times in 4,557 Posts

Hi there , welcome to PTO if your husband has 18 months and you have 2 year probation then it is very unlikely that you will get approved for visiting during his sentence. If you have already appealed and the answer was no then I am sorry but you will need to accept it and rely on letters and phone calls.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-12-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 09:45 AM

As I understand it, this is the law and you will likely not be able to get around it. But, I would suggest you try write a letter explaining your request and pray for the best. If that doesn't work, don't drain yourself trying to fight it, enjoy your letter and phone conversations. It'll be extra special seeing him when he gets out. Wishing you the best.