Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:25 AM

Default How To Get Visiting Approved

I have been trying for months to get approved to visit someone at HVCF.

In December I sent an application. It was denied on the basis that the person I was going to visit had too many non-immediate family members on her list, but it appears they did the requisite background check.

The inmate told me that she had gotten the issue resolved and I resubmitted the application on February 12. (In every case I am sending a SASE.) I heard nothing and submitted it again on April 5.

I've called two or three times. One time I was told there had been no update since December. Another time the person I spoke to genuinely wanted to not help in any way whatsoever, but eventually she transferred me to someone's voice-mail, where I left a message which of course has not been replied to.

Earlier this week I sent a letter to the warden's office.

I'm not asking for any kind of exception to be made, I'm just asking them to process the application.

Does anyone have any suggestion or insight?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2018, 12:42 AM

I'm really sorry that this is happening to you. In my experience with the prisons, you have to be basically annoy them or you will never get answers. They really dont care about anything in my opinion and they are just so frustrating in general. The staff seem to forget that we are NOT the prisoners and we are just trying to find out information about things but they treat us like as if we were one. If I were you, I would just keep calling and calling until you get the answers you need.