Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:28 PM

Default Eligible for parole this past February, what is the likelihood of Parole?

Hi, my fiancé recently took a 2 year sentence for a possession charge (non-aggravated). He went into county 7/17/18 with 232 days back time, he was eligible for parole in February, before his sentence even started. On 8/7/18 he was transferred to Garza West. I am hoping someone can help me understand what’s going on in terms of: how long will the intake process be, will he be able to possibly make parole, how long will it take for him to be able to contact me via phone, email, or letters. Any additional information with be much appreciated, thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2018, 07:52 PM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 6,007 Posts

What date is showing for projected minimum release date and was he served with notice of placement in the Discretionary Mandatory Supervision review process yet?

Presuming there is no prior history of conviction that rendered him ineligible for mandatory supervision, then he MIGHT be voted for parole but there is ALSO a possibility that he skates without a vote due to the constraints on mandatory supervision reviews.

If they get to him in time for both parole AND mandatory supervision, then expect a Serve All followed on the same date as a vote for mandatory supervision. The review processes on short date cases can run parallel to each other.

The attorney did him no favors by pleading it to such a short sentence unless he prepared him for the potential of doing the full 730 days of the sentence...
Old 08-10-2018, 04:03 PM

Hi thank you for replying! The “projected release date” is showing as 10/29/2018, max date is 11/27/19. His lawyer said because of his charge they’ll likely parole him out which is why we agreed to the sentence. He’s currently in review and in the intake process at Garza West, I haven’t heard anything from him since Monday (8/6/18). I hope he doesn’t get a serve all. That would be horrible. He doesn’t have any prior convictions, he just has this one case that’s been ongoing since 2013. He was on probation, but this year he ended up violating the terms of his probation by getting a dwi in January. He did in-patient rehab. I mailed a parole packet with letters of support, parole release plan, certificate of completion from rehab, and proof of employment prior to incarceration. I don’t know if they’ll take into consideration any of that. But I am seriously hoping he makes parole. I emailed him via jpay asking if he received the notice of placement in mandatory supervision, I will follow up again after I get a response from him.