Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Donation Award 

Default Adding Names to their Visitor's List

My friend wants to add more people to his visitor's list, but his ARUS told him he can only do that twice a year. (like adding people to the phone list). There's nothing in the Visiting Standards about it and I haven't found anything on PTO about it either. Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Yes it is true. They can only add twice a year and some facilities only do it on certain months. I'm sure it's in there somewhere. I remember reading it but wouldn't know right where it's ast off the top of my head. I could look later for you but can't right now. On my break at work.

FYI~He can only have 10 non-immediate family members as well.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Donation Award 

This is what I found so far:

"The CAJ-334 Visitor List allows a prisoner to identify those persons that s/he would like to visit with. The date received is identified by the RUM/designee’s dated signature. This date establishes the point of reference in determining the prisoner’s eligibility to add or delete non-family members from his/her approved visiting list. The visitor list date is located on the Visitor Tracking Prisoner Information Screen."

I'm going to print it and send it to him. He did want to add some friends, but he also wants to add his brother and sister, so I'm assuming that this doesn't apply to adding family members.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK52 View Post
This is what I found so far:

"The CAJ-334 Visitor List allows a prisoner to identify those persons that s/he would like to visit with. The date received is identified by the RUM/designee’s dated signature. This date establishes the point of reference in determining the prisoner’s eligibility to add or delete non-family members from his/her approved visiting list. The visitor list date is located on the Visitor Tracking Prisoner Information Screen."

I'm going to print it and send it to him. He did want to add some friends, but he also wants to add his brother and sister, so I'm assuming that this doesn't apply to adding family members.

Yes, unfortunately I believe that it does. I don't think he will be allowed to add even immediate family members to his list until his 6 months is up. It sucks but I do believe that is the case. Sorry!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Lions Heart For This Useful Post:
SMK52 (12-10-2009)
Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Donation Award 

I wish they would make all of that more clear in the Standards. Oh well. At least his six months is coming up here pretty quick and seeing and talking to someone besides me will be a nice change of pace for him.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:41 PM

I know a lady who's friend was recently transferred to Marquette. She wasn't on his list prior to the transfer and it wasn't time for his 6 month update. However, his counselor allowed it since so few get visits up there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Troy'sfriend For This Useful Post:
SMK52 (12-10-2009)
Old 12-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy'sfriend View Post
I know a lady who's friend was recently transferred to Marquette. She wasn't on his list prior to the transfer and it wasn't time for his 6 month update. However, his counselor allowed it since so few get visits up there.
He must have had a nice counselor or caught them on a good day. It wouldn't hurt to ask but I wouldn't count on it. Ya just never know!

Old 04-17-2010, 09:08 AM

There are exceptions to the rule. Once in a while the Administrative Assistant or Shift Command will allow a "One Time Exception". But there has to be a good reason (i.e. from out of state, on leave from the military, being a representive for a parole board hearing). Don't explect to just show up and be allowed a vistit though..
Old 07-10-2019, 08:20 AM

Hello all.
Looking for some help with the visition list for my boyfriend who just got to Parnall, how does he find the visition list to fill out? He has asked the guards who just laugh.