Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-11-2020, 09:24 PM

Default PIC points awarded, TPM changed, but when to expect an actual release date?

My son's original TPM was January of 2020. They pushed his tpm back to January of 2022 amd recommended he go to a TC. Now hes been at the TC for about a year and they have awarded his points and his tpm is now January of 2021. The parole board called my house in November shortly after changing his tpm on the website to verify the address. The address is GOOD. However even though it s been 5 weeks since then, he still doesnt have a concrete release date. Hes never been in trouble or anything but hes worried he wont come home in January. Should we be worried? When should we expect a specific day? Some people have said 2 or 3 weeks prior, others say it could be the week before. Were confused and worried. Can anyone help us understand?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2020, 11:18 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,040 Posts

It is frustrating. My son was at a TC but he had a specific time to serve there so there was no TPM. We knew he was supposed to be released in Feb but the date was pushed back a week. His caseworker should be able to look & see when his release date is. They may not let you know until right before but January is right around the corner. You could reach out to the National Incarceration Association advocacy group based in GA. They may be able to check into it for you & get answers. Go to their site & scroll down to the bottom of the page. You can email or call them plus they have a Facebook page. Their website is https://joinnia.com/
Old 12-12-2020, 09:02 PM

We're trying to be patient. We just worry so much
Old 12-15-2020, 10:46 AM

I know, the worry is the worst. I didn't really believe it til we saw him walk out the gates. They did delay his release a week but after waiting we could handle a week. Hoping you hear good news soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-16-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 07:21 AM

We got word today from his counselor that the address says approved in her computer. She said she doesnt know when we will have a day yet. That's all we are waiting for. Can someone tell me if this is a good thing? Could really use some positive reassurance right now.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:22 AM

That is a good sign. The wheels of paperwork move slow in DOC but be ready for his call. Hoping it won't be much longer.
GingerM (12-23-2020)
Old 12-25-2020, 01:40 PM

He's worried because it's the end of the month and still no word on an actual date. Should we be worried? Does anyone have experience in this step of the process? Between the address being approved and the date given? Seems like most others he talks too get dates 3 weeks in advance but his counselor said it could be like 4 or 5 days prior. We're so worried. His gf just got diagnosed with cancer as well. He's so stressed right now I'm worried about him.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,995 Times in 3,893 Posts

During Covid, I think your best bet is to assume that everything is just running slower than usual. It seems like all the DOC's around the country are doing everything more slowly.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:21 PM

January 5th, still no word. Starting to give up hope ��
Old 01-07-2021, 10:03 PM

Called the parole board like 1000 times. Finally got ahold of someone. They said the parole board is still "working on it". Not really sure what this means. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anxiousbuthopin For This Useful Post:
GaReform (01-10-2021), GingerM (01-08-2021), Wifenwaiting (01-08-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 01:37 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousbuthopin View Post
Called the parole board like 1000 times. Finally got ahold of someone. They said the parole board is still "working on it". Not really sure what this means. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Hang in there. Sounds like things are moving, slow, but moving! Your day will be here befor eyou know it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wifenwaiting For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-09-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 10:59 AM

A friend told me that they went in person to the Pardons & Parole Board meeting on 1-12. It was also streamed online. He said it was very informative & he met someone there who works for that office. The person he met helped him look up his son & his status which they usually don't do. I checked & the Feb meeting has been canceled for some reason. If I can find out a contact in that office I'll message you.
GingerM (01-16-2021)