Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:20 PM

Default SHU/Disciplinary Transfer Questions

Are transfers frozen now due to COVID-19? My fiancť got into a bad fight and the Facility that he is in this now have a SHU (Otisville) so right now he is placed in a holding cell awaiting to face his six months SHU time, that was the hearing outcome. The other guy has already returned back to his dorm. My Fiancť was the aggressor. Iím not sure if heís going to be transferred out, or will they just hold him there in the holding cell and then transfer him to another facility...any idea how this works? any advice or information would really help me and calm me down. Please..

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2020, 06:22 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,419 Times in 2,104 Posts

There are still limited transfers going on.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
There are still limited transfers going on.
I wonder if and when he will be moved and what is next.
His hearing was closed yesterday. =( he has been to sooooo many
Facilities that I’m worried where he will go now. He was always in a Max and this is his first medium. I’m truly scared.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHarley23 View Post
I wonder if and when he will be moved and what is next.
His hearing was closed yesterday. =( he has been to sooooo many
Facilities that Iím worried where he will go now. He was always in a Max and this is his first medium. Iím truly scared.
The good thing is his time for SHU starts now so if get stays there a while he won't have to be upstate for long
The Following User Says Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
MrsHarley23 (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
The good thing is his time for SHU starts now so if get stays there a while he won't have to be upstate for long
For real?? So as soon as the decision was made and he was back in the holding cell THATS considered SHU time?

I ❤️ You Mr.J

..Waiting is the hardest part in loving someone; you need to wait in order to know that it is true..
Old 05-06-2020, 01:24 AM

Another question, for upstate and Southport, when someone is in SHU and you visit, are they shackled? Iím terrified to see that. Just need a heads up...

I ❤️ You Mr.J

..Waiting is the hardest part in loving someone; you need to wait in order to know that it is true..
Old 05-06-2020, 06:15 AM
Donation Award 

[quote=MrsHarley23;7818387]Another question, for upstate and Southport, when someone is in SHU and you visit, are they shackled? I’m terrified to see that. Just need a heads

I'm not sure but visits may be non contact. There is a separate schedule for box visits as opposed to regular visits. Once visits are reinstated, I would call the facility to find out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-06-2020), MrsHarley23 (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 06:17 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
For real?? So as soon as the decision was made and he was back in the holding cell THATS considered SHU time?
each facility has their own box, but most a re only used for short periods of time. Those with lengthier consequences are moved to super maxes until that time is completed.
fbopnomore (05-06-2020), MrsHarley23 (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 10:26 AM

Smile

Quote:
each facility has their own box, but most a re only used for short periods of time. Those with lengthier consequences are moved to super maxes until that time is completed.
Sounds like a plan! Thank you 🙂
Whenever all this gets settled. As of now he has not moved but this was concluded Monday so itís still early.

I ❤️ You Mr.J

The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHarley23 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 08:14 PM

Any idea how soon they are able to receive mail once they are transferred to a new facility and placed in SHU?

I ❤️ You Mr.J

Old 05-06-2020, 08:30 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Any idea how soon they are able to receive mail once they are transferred to a new facility and placed in SHU?
He can get reg mail right away.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
MrsHarley23 (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
He can get reg mail right away.
Thank you!
I sent it priority today since he just got there

I ❤️ You Mr.J

Old 05-10-2020, 11:17 PM

Anyone know the rules for typed letters? Is that printed material?
I write a lot and sometimes typing would be much better for me...

I ❤️ You Mr.J

Old 05-21-2020, 01:15 PM

Hi everyone, I need some information or maybe just some clarification on this, any help would be so much appreciated. ... so, my love was in a medium facility, he was involved in a fight where he was labeled the aggressor and then sent to a max facility for 6 months SHU time because where he was did not have any SHU cells... so heís in a Max now but still classified as a medium. That has not changed. So, would that mean that after his disciplinary Transfer, would that mean he will be placed back into a medium? Anyone know how this works? Iím just trying to understand all this. This is hard. =(

I ❤️ You Mr.J

Old 05-21-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone, I need some information or maybe just some clarification on this, any help would be so much appreciated. ... so, my love was in a medium facility, he was involved in a fight where he was labeled the aggressor and then sent to a max facility for 6 months SHU time because where he was did not have any SHU cells... so heís in a Max now but still classified as a medium. That has not changed. So, would that mean that after his disciplinary Transfer, would that mean he will be placed back into a medium? Anyone know how this works? Iím just trying to understand all this. This is hard. =(
He will get moved to a medium prison since he isnt a max classification so he wont stay there which is a good thing hope time goes fast for you mine will be home july see how that works out lol
Old 05-21-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
He will get moved to a medium prison since he isnt a max classification so he wont stay there which is a good thing hope time goes fast for you mine will be home july see how that works out lol
I was thinking that too! Iím just worried they will send him far. My luck he will get send somewhere like Wyoming Correctional which is in Attica. Iím so glad youíre will be home soon! Thatís so awesome! Hopefully heís close to you so the commute wonít be long but I know either way it will be worth that ride to get him =)

I ❤️ You Mr.J

Old 05-21-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I was thinking that too! Iím just worried they will send him far. My luck he will get send somewhere like Wyoming Correctional which is in Attica. Iím so glad youíre will be home soon! Thatís so awesome! Hopefully heís close to you so the commute wonít be long but I know either way it will be worth that ride to get him =)
Yeah he's in Downstate they never moved him upstate due to corona virus so 20 mins away not bad unless they move him before that yeah those drives are crazy you never no where they are going to send you
Old 05-22-2020, 02:01 AM
Until the end

Quote:
I was thinking that too! I’m just worried they will send him far. My luck he will get send somewhere like Wyoming Correctional which is in Attica. I’m so glad you’re will be home soon! That’s so awesome! Hopefully he’s close to you so the commute won’t be long but I know either way it will be worth that ride to get him =)
Might want to read up on that whole history thing with Amber. You'll probably have a different tune. You'll feel guilty when something bad happens. It's not if, it's when.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
MrsHarley23 (05-22-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
Might want to read up on that whole history thing with Amber. You'll probably have a different tune. You'll feel guilty when something bad happens. It's not if, it's when.
Sorry but Iím confused. Care to explain a little? =(

I ❤️ You Mr.J

Old 05-23-2020, 07:22 PM
Donation Award 

If you google search nys prison directive 4933, you'll be able see how SHU works.
fbopnomore (05-24-2020), MrsHarley23 (05-25-2020)