Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison Talk & UCMJ
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Military Prison Talk & UCMJ This forum is dedicated to those who have a loved one in a military prison, or dealing with the military legal system (UCMJ).

Old 07-21-2017, 12:30 PM

Default 25 years Leavenworth - 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNada View Post
My son is incarcerated at United States Disciplinary Barracks (USDB) at Leavenworth. He was recently (7/12/03) sentenced to 70 yrs max and will be "eligible" for parole in 10 (unlikely to get it until 15 to 20). He just finished going through Reception and was moved to Max 3 today (1 hr per day out of his cell for possibly 6 months). From what he has told me, this is standard procedure. What purpose of punishment this serves, I have no idea, but intend to find out. Evidently there is a point system that credits for time served, for time without a disciplinary infraction, and for other positive behaviors. When he lowers his current point total, he will be moved to Max 2/General Population. Visitations are scheduled 30 days in advance and, for now, only his immediate family may visit. He has told me that so far things have gone well and that the facility is much better than where he spent pre-trial detention. I do know the phone calls are Much More Expensive now. I don't know a lot about the USDB at this point but will be glad to share what I do know with anyone interested. Any information someone has that they care to share would be appreciated. From the research I have done, I have found it more difficult to get information about the military prison system than any other since the regulations are so difficult to locate and to access. Maybe those of us with family or friends in the military corrections system can pool our resources/information and help each other understand which end is up!

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Thank you - any information is greatly appreciated. new to site and fumbling finding my way around. My son is 20 years old. His family was not helped at all or informed of the was USMJ works - so here we are fighting backwards.

-Shannon

-- Lisa
Sponsored Links