Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > PWCIP - Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PWCIP - Introductions Welcome to the Parents With Children in Prison Forum. Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself!

Old 07-09-2017, 09:19 PM

Default Turn over just to take it back..

Okay another day down with a heck of a lot to go.. I so want to be positive and just when I get to thinking.. I got this.. Turns out that I am only kidding myself.. So I tried some advice from one of us!! Tum it over to God and he will have your back, so when I couldn't sleep last night I hit my knees and ask God to relieve my troubled self and I will admit that I did feel a relief and got a good night sleep. Well this morning I got to thinking about it being Sunday and more than likely I would hear from him well its 10 and no call. He has been in Fulton for 5 days. I've all but convinced myself that he must have gotten into with someone and they have probably knocked him out and is suffering from admesha and don't even know his own name much less remember to call me. Oh and that is one of my lesser thoughts!! I write him everyday printed off puzzles and just short of possibly becoming a inmate my own self.. Im reckon I am at the end of the row. Ya know that if I got just one phone call my life would at least feel some relief or at least pacify me till I could study up something else.. Thanks for letting me share. Some off the wall reason I feel better just writing this out.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2017, 09:28 PM

Writing things down for me helps me deal or cope with it. Doesn't necessarily mean you want an answer but it helps. I'm sorry you're going through this. But, we're all here for you. Message if you need to.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:29 PM

Appreciate your true care and concern
Old 07-09-2017, 09:32 PM

Thanked 1,159 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisnmo View Post
Okay another day down with a heck of a lot to go.. I so want to be positive and just when I get to thinking.. I got this.. Turns out that I am only kidding myself.. So I tried some advice from one of us!! Tum it over to God and he will have your back, so when I couldn't sleep last night I hit my knees and ask God to relieve my troubled self and I will admit that I did feel a relief and got a good night sleep. Well this morning I got to thinking about it being Sunday and more than likely I would hear from him well its 10 and no call. He has been in Fulton for 5 days. I've all but convinced myself that he must have gotten into with someone and they have probably knocked him out and is suffering from admesha and don't even know his own name much less remember to call me. Oh and that is one of my lesser thoughts!! I write him everyday printed off puzzles and just short of possibly becoming a inmate my own self.. Im reckon I am at the end of the row. Ya know that if I got just one phone call my life would at least feel some relief or at least pacify me till I could study up something else.. Thanks for letting me share. Some off the wall reason I feel better just writing this out.

Sometimes it does feel better just to let it out even if there's no answers. I know how you worry. When my son didn't call as expected I was worried that there was a problem or something had happened. I found out later that it was a problem with their phone system & he was fine. Our imagination goes crazy so we need to calm ourselves down & think of all the easy stuff that might have caused him not to call.

Just keep writing & sending the things you are. He'll get them & will reach out to you as soon as he can. Maybe mention it in your next letter that you worry when he doesn't call. I have set up with my son to call once a week on a certain day. He knows he can call anytime he needs to but I make sure to be around when I know he's calling. It gives us both something to look forward to.

Hang in there & take it one day at a time. Just focus on keeping busy & all the things you'll share when you do talk.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:40 PM

Thanks for taking the time out to message me and I certainly appreciate your advice.. I will make it through this and I believe my son and I will learn a good deal so that we can pick up and start a new way of life for him. I know in his heart that he has to have had this experience to learn and grow
Old 07-23-2017, 04:01 PM

so very sorry you are going thru this.

We are almost 4 years into this journey. It doesn't get easier but you just get used to it.

Its not normal so I don't call it the "new normal" but you do get used to it.

Breathe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (07-23-2017), sisnmo (07-24-2017)