Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > When the Relationship is Over...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

When the Relationship is Over... This forum is about discussing your thoughts, feelings and issues now that you and your incarcerated (or formerly incarcerated) loved one are no longer together. (This forum is NOT for bashing - please read the rules before posting.)

Old 08-06-2017, 03:02 AM

Default Hey ladies! Four year update since my relationship ended!

Hello all, Maybe some of you will remember me but if not please go back to my last post titled "Is he really worth it?". I have been thinking about my life lately and decided to come on here and post this update post prison life. My ex husband came home in 2013 and we split 8 months later. It was the worst thing that had ever happened to me at the time but then it became the BEST thing to ever happen to me. Since prison life ended I have a great job (I get to design fashion shows!), I am going to go back to school soon, I moved to a awesome house in the woods (we have 40+ chickens and a pool) AND almost 6 weeks ago I married the most wonderful man in the world. In my last post I talked about meeting a wonderful guy in my apartment building. Well we are now married and he is the same kind,loving,generous (and HOT!) man he was when he first swept me off my feet. As for my ex? We have no contact at this point which is lovely. Last I heard he was trying to get on reality tv. Do I hate him or his girlfriend? No not really. I am pretty much void of all emotion when it comes to him which is an amazing feeling. I look back on the 20 something girl visiting prisons , writing letters and dreaming of the day my "true love " would come home and I don't even recognize her. But if you ask me if I would change it then I most likely would not. If it were not for my experience with Jason I might have never found my true love....my true love being myself! So thank you Jason cause if I can live through him then I can live though anything! Oh and to the girls (or guys) reading this that are in the same boat as I was. Who have just ended the relationship or had the rug ripped out from under them. If you are out there thinking you have lost it all then I want you to know something. It gets better!!! I promise you that it will get better and you will survive this! If I can do it then so can you and I believe you will get yours in life! You will be okay! ❤️
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Open_Your_Eyes For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-20-2017), arialove (08-07-2017), candy (08-25-2017), Crazychick12 (08-07-2017), Critter07 (08-06-2017), csgirlalways (08-30-2017), Curt'swife8 (08-06-2017), Cutepixie (08-07-2017), DsLatinQueen67 (08-07-2017), fbopnomore (08-06-2017), Heather7378 (08-30-2017), lovinglife30 (08-19-2017), maytayah (08-06-2017), patchouli (08-06-2017), She'sMyAngel (08-06-2017), sidewalker (08-06-2017), TawnyStar (08-06-2017), Tiffmm24 (08-25-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2017, 05:28 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,136 Posts

OYE the man himself may not have been your prize, but the growth you went through during that time surely was your result.
Congratulations on your new found joy.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
Old 08-06-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open_Your_Eyes View Post
Hello all, Maybe some of you will remember me but if not please go back to my last post titled "Is he really worth it?". I have been thinking about my life lately and decided to come on here and post this update post prison life. My ex husband came home in 2013 and we split 8 months later. It was the worst thing that had ever happened to me at the time but then it became the BEST thing to ever happen to me. Since prison life ended I have a great job (I get to design fashion shows!), I am going to go back to school soon, I moved to a awesome house in the woods (we have 40+ chickens and a pool) AND almost 6 weeks ago I married the most wonderful man in the world. In my last post I talked about meeting a wonderful guy in my apartment building. Well we are now married and he is the same kind,loving,generous (and HOT!) man he was when he first swept me off my feet. As for my ex? We have no contact at this point which is lovely. Last I heard he was trying to get on reality tv. Do I hate him or his girlfriend? No not really. I am pretty much void of all emotion when it comes to him which is an amazing feeling. I look back on the 20 something girl visiting prisons , writing letters and dreaming of the day my "true love " would come home and I don't even recognize her. But if you ask me if I would change it then I most likely would not. If it were not for my experience with Jason I might have never found my true love....my true love being myself! So thank you Jason cause if I can live through him then I can live though anything! Oh and to the girls (or guys) reading this that are in the same boat as I was. Who have just ended the relationship or had the rug ripped out from under them. If you are out there thinking you have lost it all then I want you to know something. It gets better!!! I promise you that it will get better and you will survive this! If I can do it then so can you and I believe you will get yours in life! You will be okay! ❤️
How did you meet your ex husband? Were you involved with him before he went away? Or did you meet him while he was locked up?
Old 08-06-2017, 08:52 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,555 Times in 13,146 Posts

Reminds me of a song I used to hear.
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.

Or something close to that. lol.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Critter07 (08-06-2017), miamac (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadah View Post
OYE the man himself may not have been your prize, but the growth you went through during that time surely was your result.
Congratulations on your new found joy.
I met him when I was 16 and he was 19. Him and I were on again off again for 6 years before he went to prison. Then after he was locked up I started writing and we got back together, he came home pending a retrial after appeal and we got married while he was home. Then he went back for a further 5 years. We split up less then a year after he came home.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:41 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Reminds me of a song I used to hear.
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.

Or something close to that. lol.

And also fitting the OP PoV:

sidewalker (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 02:33 AM

I loved Jason there is no doubt about that but I loved him for all the wrong reasons. I loved him for the person he became in my mind. When I look back on it now I actually have to say "Am I really surprised?" All he did was the same shit he had always done. He was the same guy I had been dealing with in my teens and 20s. In the end it just became a situation where I had finally grown up.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:08 AM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 913 Posts

Thank you for sharing all of that. In the moment it can be hard to see the bigger picture when you are experiencing pain, sadness, or a reality that didn't fit the one you wanted at the time. In hindsight it is always nice to look back and see that things do happen for a reason. Even if that reason is painful at that time. I try and always look at life that way...everything has a reason for it happening...and even if we don't know the reason at the time...it will come to us one way or another. There are many times in my life I look back and appreciate the moments I went through as you shared...you would not be the woman you are to this day and I love the woman I am. I take pride in my accomplishments and I am happy for other's! So, you go girl. Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open_Your_Eyes View Post
I love ur words, i feel ur strength/maturity(most important) for us women who are no longer 20s, (or twenties/immature) that is. and god bless u chica
stay focus.stay happy. True love is not what some equate with disrespectful men disrespecting them "sometimes."Shouldn't happen at all. I am so glad you are not hurting anymore. I am sure you're going to continue to be ok. I love this post. Gracia.(thank you chica)for sharing your update, love this.God bless. Hugs n Blessings for you today.adios.

Mi fiancee-bff es currently out of prison
@ 12:01 a.m.on thanksgiving eve.

Next?
#Weekends alone #me+him Snugglin' with- Hot Chocolate, Winter-Kisses that we both have patiently longed for,without D.O.C.