Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 10:32 PM
attorney

Thanked 19,852 Times in 7,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Respectfully...While I will concede that my knowledge of Public Defenders offices outside of my area is narrow, and I will point out I specifically discussed Southern California area PDs while acknowledging that the same resources are probably not available elsewhere....I am not misinformed on the issue.

Also, if I understand Mario's case, he had a public defender and the public defender won a case involving an in-prison charge at trial, which is not an easy task even with a paid attorney.

Of course, the truth is that oftentimes a person with a lot of financial resources can afford to pay for not only a private attorney but for them to utilize more resources. So I will concede that someone who has the financial resources to pay for a better defense has a chance at a better outcome.

But to me that is more a general social issue than an issue of the Public Defender being bad.

I'll end my sidebar on the topic with this thought.....it is true that generally speaking a Public Defender has a larger caseload and, generally speaking, does not have the amount of resources that private attorneys have. In some jurisdictions PD roles are generally covered by private attorneys paid on a case-by-case basis who have cases assigned to them as the county does not want to fund a formal PD's office or lacks the resources to do so. But as I said....not all PD offices are created equal and there are some that are, in fact, quite good. I've seen it work.

-E
Meant for our new know it all who knows nothing, not you, dee

Hey, asshat, if you have financial resources, you are not eligible for the PD. Didn't anybody ever tell you that? The financial affidavit to qualify for the PD is readily available at every PD office there is, and in most courtrooms.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-09-2017), missingdee (08-08-2017), nimuay (08-08-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,714 Times in 10,105 Posts

The original question that began this thread has been answered by the courts - he was found not guilty.

Soooooo, any further sniping about the relative qualities of assorted lawyers is done and over and unnecessary.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:41 AM

Cool Legal Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnmario View Post
First and for most I'd like to thank whomever clicked into this forum, hopefully it will take me one step closer to my goal.
In the end of march beginning of April of 2016 my husband was assaulted by correctional officers and as a result was taken to medical attention for a broken jaw and broken ribs. He did what was correct within his rights and filed for a suit and now they're charging him with "assault on c.o" thus extending his sentence. He's taking it to trial because he knows he didn't do it. I'm worried and scared for him, his court appointed lawyer isn't helping much and the witnesses have been moved to different facilities making contact for the lawyer even harder. Any info or help would be highly appreciated. Thank you
Lien the officer. its really easy. once you do it every thing will return to normal. want help, reply "how?"
Old 10-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Do NOT 'lien' the officer. That will put you squarely in the sights of the FBI, because the only people who do that are 'sovereigns', a movement that came out of the 70s on the theory that (because of slightly bizarre interpretations of criminal and civil law codes done by the Posse Comitatus- look it up) they don't owe taxes, can ignore laws they don't like, can drive without licenses, etc. They've been tossed out of every court in the land since the law caught on to them. The 'lien'ing of various public official is their way at trying to frighten everyone by suing everyone for millions and effectively (if not legally) blackmailing the entire public sector to leave them alone.

That definition will be disputed by Berg Ice, but it's accurate enough to let you know to steer clear of anything to do with that advice.

Last edited by nimuay; 10-20-2017 at 11:12 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nimuay For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (10-20-2017), Minor activist (10-20-2017), patchouli (10-20-2017), Patrickj (10-20-2017), yourself (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg ice View Post
Lien the officer. its really easy. once you do it every thing will return to normal. want help, reply "how?"
That kind of nonsense will get NY inmates more jail time. Seen it....not new, still illegal. Don't give illegal advice.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
That kind of nonsense will get NY inmates more jail time. Seen it....not new, still illegal. Don't give illegal advice.
Liening has nothing to do with sovereignty. Its the law. Prisoners do them all of the time. The feds do not put you under a special scope. You don't get more time for it. You just have to do it right. Ney sayers are those who it would be effected because they are apart of the problem. Liens are inforcement to make them do their job the right way. Prison guards opperate under color of law. Which jurisdiction depends on what agency is holding you.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:06 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,321 Times in 10,451 Posts

So what advice will you give to the many "true believers" who are convicted for filing bogus liens against government employees? It is a scam. Can you cite even one person who has collected money on one of their liens? Maybe in some backwater town where sovereign citizens have been elected Sheriff, but you don't have to look any furthur than a google search for " sovereign citizens convicted for filing liens". 10 years in prison for obstruction seems to be a popular sentence for following the law as you think/wish it is.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
So what advice will you give to the many "true believers" who are convicted for filing bogus liens against government employees? It is a scam. Can you cite even one person who has collected money on one of their liens? Maybe in some backwater town where sovereign citizens have been elected Sheriff, but you don't have to look any furthur than a google search for " sovereign citizens convicted for filing liens". 10 years in prison for obstruction seems to be a popular sentence for following the law as you think/wish it is.
The const. Says that all are entitled to its protection and that would include any laws made there after. 14th. Art.1 sec. 10. Contract... you do not have to walk down a sovereigns path to file a lien. If someone trespasses upon your property, I.e. rights, especially someone functioning in an official capacity, then you have a right to protect that property by making them prove they had the authority to do so. This is the same process the legal systems use but in reverse. Sovereignty, in the contextual manner that you are sugesting, I.e. treason, even still is not at all. A lien, when made in pursuance thereof suprem. of const. Is in deed a lawful remedy. Those, if any at all, who go to jail for filing a lien may have committed fraud in the process or did not know how to properly do one. In your system all processes begin with a "Bill"... that C.O. has a duty to that inmate and if s/he breaches their "colorful" duty then they have denied that inmate the intangible right to fair and honest service...
Old 11-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

So, berg ice's advice is do it, and if you go to prison for it, it's your own fault. Apparently, nobody's done it right yet. Not only has he not learned actual law (which he's trying to impress you with by all the contractions and brackets), he hasn't learned spelling or sentence construction. Not a shining example of deeply learned concepts.

DON'T DO IT!
Old 11-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,321 Times in 10,451 Posts

The common thread I have observed with sovereign citizens, constitutional tax protesters (federal reserve notes are not real money because the bank refuses to give me gold coins for them, so I don't have to pay taxes with them, even though they are OK for everything else) is that their understanding of the US Constitution is not shared by anyone else, especially not the courts. How ridiculous is the argument I have heard from a few of them that FRNs are unconstitutional, but I still charge and collect them from my "constitutional students".

Keep spewing your mumbo jumbo, but I'm still waiting for a valid explanation as to why 100% of the true believers (at least those who are stupid enough to put their scams into action) are convicted, are sent to prison and lose their "constitutional appeals".

My advice, check google first and then ignore all of the BS.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:29 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,532 Times in 13,757 Posts

For those who failed to read the whole thread (you know who your are ), to quote nimuay:
Quote:
The original question that began this thread has been answered by the courts - he was found not guilty.
If there are other issues to discuss, please do not derail this thread, simply start your own thread

This thread is now closed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (11-12-2017), nimuay (11-11-2017), xolady (11-12-2017)
Closed Thread