Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Game Room
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Prison Valkyrie

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doe View Post
1. Can you please explain your user name? She's a valkyrie from Nordic mythology. I just love the myths and spirit of Nordic Mythology. It fascinates me.

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) An artists impression of Brunhilde.

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? MWI and I've fallen head over heels in love with him.

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? 3 years

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? 2015 hopefully 2019 if things don't go our way. I'm hoping to gods for the first date or shortly after.

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? Guilty

7. What are the charge(s)? I don't care to put that on a public forum. It is his business and not my place to post imo.

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? Nevada

9. How often do you visit your loved one? Never as of right now. But I plan to if I am able to sort out the logistics of travel and accommodation etc and be approved to visit.

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share!
I write to him most days and send the long letters once or twice a week. I patiently wait for phone calls 3 times a week and stalk the mail lady and I tell myself it's not going to always be this way and look to the future.
Boudicca 60 AD-I am fighting as an ordinary person for my lost freedom,my bruised body and my outraged daughters.Consider how many of you are fighting and why!Then you will win this battle, or perish.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 02:19 PM

1. Can you please explain your user name? I'm not a domestic person; when my hubby said he was falling in love with me I warned him I don't do domestic stuff and he swore he would take care of all of it...so he does...and his family now calls me the "Princess."

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) It's a variation of a tattoo that I keep chickening out of getting

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? I'm his aunt

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? Hopefully none, was just arrested about three weeks ago.

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? Again, hopefully none.

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? It depends how you look at it; is he a sexual predator? No. Not in the least.

7. What are the charge(s)? Sexual Assault using an electronic communication device

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? Nebraska

9. How often do you visit your loved one? Never now that he's be taken out of our home state

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! Coming to PrisonTalk, other than that, I'm pretty much on my own

Last edited by *princess*; 01-31-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 PM

1. Can you please explain your user name?

Something I've used forever. Came from the movie Matilda.

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?)

Haven't found one I like yet.

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one?

Fiance'

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison?

He was in county jail for 6 months before he was transferred. He has now been in prison for 3 days.

5. How many years does your loved one have to go?

A little more than 4 years

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of?

I think he's innocent in one way and guilty in another. It was a fight. Someone got stabbed 5 times. He was part of the fight but he never had a knife. He even got stabbed once in the arm.

7. What are the charge(s)?

Assault first degree reduced from attempted murder

8. In what state is your loved one serving time?

South Carolina

9. How often do you visit your loved one?

Haven't been able to visit yet but while he was in county jail I went once a week.

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share![/quote]

I just write write write as often as I can. Even if it's one page. I also try to keep myself busy. Idle time gives me too much time to think about how much time that really is. I will also be taking some classes this coming fall.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Donation Award 

It's my user name with my school. Koch - last name, A - Amanda. Not sure where 79 came into play.

A picture of my man and I our first summer together at country USA. We were walking away from my sister and she snapped a picture. The quote is from "Not Afraid" by Eminem.

Boyfriend

One

Between one and five

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of?
Guilty

Burglary

Wisconsin

Our plan is once a week, but I end up going more often sometimes.

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share!
I sit on this website in my free time. It makes time fly and I feel useful when I can answer a question someone has, or can offer advice.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 AM
Forever, and a day<3
Donation Award 

pretty much says it all, love behind bars, even metal and concrete can't change my love for him.

I'm just obsessed with leopard print anything lol

He is my boyfriend/fiance

2.5 years

under 3 months!=)

guilty

heroin distribution, b&e, fraudulent scheming

South Carolina

No visits=(

Writing him, making him things, sending pictures, keeping busy, PTO!=)
and bars will eventually open,
But love and life will last

Last edited by LoveBhndBars; 03-06-2013 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: forgot something!=)
Old 07-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Lost Jedi of Middle Earth
Donation Award 

This looks like a good thread to keep going so here is my questionnaire:

When I first found out about my son, I truly was "heart sick" and we live in Maryland=MD

This Avatar is of a female Jedi- I am a huge "Star Wars" fangirl.

I am his mom.

Currently he has been in for just over 2 months.

I don't know yet. Still awaiting trial.

Still awaiting trial. No comment.
Murder 1st degree. 2 counts of conspiracy to commit murder.

Maryland

Once every 2 weeks.
Still working on this. Coming to PTO helps, I am seeing a therapist and psychiatrist too. Talking about what's happening to others who have or are going through this helps too. Trying not to feel so alone, coming to PTO helps me with that a lot. Writing him letters also seems to help.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:27 AM
keepin it REAL since 1981

1. Can you please explain your user name? Mike is my husbands name, Im his 'wifey' and 730 is code for crazy

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) I dont have an avatar but I have a couple holding up a heart which symbolizes me and Michael <3

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? Wife of an inmate

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? Going on 11 years

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? In October it will be 7 more years

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? Hes guilty and the sentence could have been far worse so I'm thankful it wasnt

7. What are the charge(s)? 2nd degree murder

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? Florida

9. How often do you visit your loved one? Every weekend, and when $$ is tight at least every other weekend

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! LOL just one day at a time and communication is key in any relationship

Old 07-24-2013, 12:39 PM

1. Can you please explain your user name?His initial's are RP and he calls me his "Big-headed Boo"

I just like butterflies
We've been in an off and on relationship for 12 years
d
6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? guilty

Possession of ecstasy
Georgia
none yet
10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! Write lots of letters; write whenever something crosses my mind
Old 07-24-2013, 12:51 PM

Smile Getting to know me.

My nick name is vajohnna my last name starts with a "d" so i just put vjd with my birth year.
Its the first picture me and boyfriend took since hes been in prison.
He is my boyfriend and the love of my life.
3 years
5 years (worst case scenario)
Guilty
Burgalry and Possesion
Florida
Every Saturday and Sunday from 9-3!
I mostly just re-read his letters and look at his pictures.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:36 PM

1. Can you please explain your user name? I just like the name.

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (if you don't have one, why not?) Too lazy to put one up and i can't figure out what to choose.

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? Boyfriend and soon to be father of our daughter.

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? Off and on for twenty years, jail and prison and probation.

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? Short-timer here, he's out in September and off paper.

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? Absolutely guilty.

7. What are the charge(s)? Probation violation.

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? Virginia.

9. How often do you visit your loved one? Once a week, he only has one visiting day for 1 hour.

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! My ex-husband was military so that experience helped me know what the separation would be like and what to do. Stay busy, improve myself, keep active and live my life and give myself a short amount of time every day to think about him and our situation. I can cry, laugh, get angry or express whatever emotion I need to or just have a happy memory and move on with my day. We also talk daily, write and I visit each visiting day which has helped us stay and grow even closer. What I don't do, which helps me more than anything, is allow myself to dwell on missing him. He's my life but I have not allowed his incarceration to become my entire existance.

Last edited by Kimbo; 07-24-2013 at 03:47 PM..
Old 08-10-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjd7190 View Post
My nick name is vajohnna my last name starts with a "d" so i just put vjd with my birth year.
Its the first picture me and boyfriend took since hes been in prison.
He is my boyfriend and the love of my life.
3 years
5 years (worst case scenario)
Guilty
Burgalry and Possesion
Florida
Every Saturday and Sunday from 9-3!
I mostly just re-read his letters and look at his pictures.

i agree with you i re-read his letters and look at his pictures all the time, my boyfriend is also in prison in florida hes in moore haven its about an hour in a half from where i stay in cape coral so i got lucky with that

Old 08-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Account Closed

1. Can you please explain your user name? I'm a lot of things - fiancé, mother, employee, friend, daughter but at the end of the day I'm just me - the woman trying to balance it all,

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) I don't have one, I had a picture up but removed it. I'll probably find a different one to use soon

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? He's the man I am going to marry and spend my life with. My cousin has also gone in and out.

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? 15

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? At least 10 more

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? Both - guilty of one and not the other. He was there though so under the law even though he didn't commit the act he was guilty

7. What are the charge(s)? Burglary and murder

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? California

9. How often do you visit your loved one? I have a record as well so I haven't been able to visit. I am approved now despite my record (it's been 10 years since I committed a crime) and I will be seeing him in 2 weeks. I can afford to make the trip 2-3 times a year

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! I like utilizing this site a lot. We also write daily which helps me to stay feeling connected to him and less alone. My own little thing I do is write daily gratitude lists. It helps me to keep my perspective in check and focus on the positive things
Old 08-24-2013, 04:18 PM

1. Can you please explain your user name? My honey is doing Life

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) I raise Alpacas so I used a picture of me with one of my alpacas

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? He is my best friend, boyfriend, and soul mate

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? 11

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? Lifer

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? Guilty

7. What are the charge(s)? Producing drugs, felon in possession of an illegal firearm

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? At the moment he is in Texas

9. How often do you visit your loved one? Have not visited yet due to the distance and cost. Planning a visit this year and hope to be able to make the trip at least once a year.

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! I write letters and send emails everyday. I keep busy with my animals, spinning yarn, quilting, visiting friends.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Donation Award 

1. Can you please explain your user name? My husband (deceased) said that "i" was the only cj and so he came up with icj the 357 are my favorite numbers thus icj357.

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) My son thought it looks like me.

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? I would be his mother.

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? He has been in the county jail for 6 months, and is in transition for 36 months, less yada yada yada.
5. How many years does your loved one have to go? According to my ticker, 2yrs 7months 3 weeks and 5 days
7. What are the charge(s)? Dealing in stolen property, accessory to distribution, hiring a cab with intent to defraud.
8. In what state is your loved one serving time? Florida
9. How often do you visit your loved one? He is in transition as of 8-30-13, so not yet, probably once a month as soon as I fill out forms, mail them back, get approved oh yea, he has to be transferred first.
10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! Coming to PrisonTalk to vent, share, give out strength and hugs whens someone needs it, and keep telling myself, he is finally at the beginning of the tunnel.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
This is my name
haven't set one yet.
wife
2 months
30 if appeal fails
ABSOLUTELY INNOCENT
agg sex assault
TexS
Hoping for first visit next week
writing him
Old 03-18-2014, 05:30 PM

Red face Getting to know you questionnaire.

Asylum is my nickname, because A) everyone says I belong in one, especially if I'm angry. And B) by definition, Asylum means refuge, and I do all that I can to help those in need. Whether it's a place to stay, food to eat, or throw down if you need help, etc. And 760 is where I'm from. My area code. Lol.

It's a picture of me. Lol.

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one?*
We have been friends for about 10 years or so. Dated for about a year, year and a half. And even after all we went through, he is still one of my best friends.

So far, this time, I think two? He got 6 years at like 80-85%, and has around 3 years left.

About three.

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of?*
Guilty.

He was facing assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder, felon in possession of a firearm, and a few other smaller charges. All of them were dropped, except for the assault with a deadly weapon.

California.

9. How often do you visit your loved one?*
I can't.

I write to him on pink paper, just to be an asshole. He loves it though. Haha. I tell him about even the small shit going on out here that seems unimportant to me, because it makes him feel more involved in the outside world. Current events, where I went for lunch with my sister, what color I painted my toenails, everything. Lol. It makes it easier on him, because he feels involved, and makes it easier on me because I would tell him all these things if we were hanging out or talking to him on the phone anyway. Lol.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:52 AM

1. Can you please explain your user name? Roque is our last name and Will be together for ever

Don't know how to make one
My husband
Almost 2
4 1/2
Innocent
Drug possession with intent to distribute
New Jersey
I have only seen my baby 1 time in the 2 years he has been in jail :'( we are from California and don't have anybody in New Jersey it's really expensive to go I wish I had someone there to see him more often
10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! We write letters every week and he calls me every day it's not easy and sometimes I get really depress but I have to be strong for him and our 2 sons
Old 04-25-2014, 05:28 AM
Love awaits all of us

Default getting to know me

Just a username I thought of with my birth date :-)

It reminds me of life

Friend/inmate wants to be together

9 yrs

3 if he cannot find suitable housing for house arrest

Some of both

Aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, resisting arrest,

Transferred to ky from vt

None :-[

Thinking of the happy times when we were younger and trying to find online support

NHLADY1980
Love, faith, happiness :-):-)
Old 05-23-2014, 02:10 PM

A combination of our initials and birth dates

Don't have one, never really figured out how to make one, ha!

fiancee

8+ yrs

less than a year (10months to be exact!)

he is innocent of his current charges, but took the time to pay his due for other crimes committed that he was never caught/charged.

Burglary, Grand Theft of a Firearm x6, Alter ID on Firearm, Possession of Firearm by Felon, Involving a minor in the commission of a crime.

He's federal, and currently in GA (previously was in Texas and Florida) and before that FL for State time.

Once a month, for the weekend

Looking back at the time we have already done, and focusing on our future.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Married 5/09/2014

It is what me and my husband said when we met, like 2 souls collided into a huge explosion! lol

A picture of us on the day we got married

He is my husband

Almost 14!

3 1/2 weeks!!!! woohoo!!

Guilty

Bank robbery

Florida

Once a month

Keep looking ahead and how far we have come. He gets out in 3 1/2 weeks and we made it!
Old 07-20-2014, 02:29 PM

[quote=doe;642435]1. Can you please explain your user name? Cause I am not creative and couldnt come up with anything more creative. It's just a play on my actual last name.

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) I am trying to download it today.

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? I am awaiting sentencing. I will be incarcerated soon in a Federal Prison Camp. Thankfully, I found this lifeline!!

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? The AUSA has told me 2 -4 years, my attorney is hoping to get me 18 months.

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? I am mentally prepared thanks to this site and the Grace of God.

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? I am guilty.

7. What are the charge(s)? embezzlement, wire fraud

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? I live in SC. I dont know where I will be.

9. How often do you visit your loved one? I dont know where I will be but I am a realist. I don't want my loved ones to suffer any more hardship than what I have already caused them. They have jobs, they have lives. We will write and telephone and I WILL be one happy mama when I am lucky to see them.

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! I hope I'm not on the wrong forum here, but all the strategies I have read here are very helpful in prepping my loved ones for my time away.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:43 PM
sinbi

1. Can you please explain your user name? My family nickname is pixie because I'm short 5'8" and wings is for butterfly wings

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) It's a heart in a dream catcher because I'm in love with a native

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? My cousin but he passed away

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? He was in 45 years

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? Passed away

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? 7 counts of murder

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? He was in ca

9. How often do you visit your loved one? I visited twice a year

Nope

Old 05-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Dana Katherine

1. Can you please explain your user name? part of a song i loved by the Icarus line

2. Can you please explain your avatar? (If you don't have one, why not?) its a cartoon of me

3. What is your relation to your incarcerated loved one? high school sweetheart

4. How many years has your loved one been in prison? 6

5. How many years does your loved one have to go? he got life

6. Is your loved one innocent or guilty of the charge(s) that he was convicted of? half and half, innocent of the murder guilty of the robbery!

7. What are the charge(s)? 1st degree murder, robbery

8. In what state is your loved one serving time? cali

9. How often do you visit your loved one? waiting to be approved.

10. Do you have a favorite strategy that assists you in coping with having your loved one in prison? Please share! N/A

R.I.P. to the homies killed by Vista Sheriffs
Bullet and Creeper
Old 08-09-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:

1. Billy is my name, Malaga is the city where I live.
2. I was practicing how to use a webcam, and so the picture was .. crooked.
3. Sisters of different parents, Of different races.
4. 20
5. 47 years
6. Guilty and Innocent.
7. Out of respect, I'd rather omit.
8. California, Ione.
9. Unfortunately never. We are separated by millions of kilometers.
10. In each letter, I remind her that she is not alone, that her Spanish family awaits her with open arms and much love. She will live again.

Thank you, sorry for my bad English.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:23 AM

I adore Winnie the Pooh..So "Pooh" and my dog's name is Face cuz she's got a beautiful face. So "PoohFace"

Guess I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm his mother.

Not sure..Max release date is in another 5.5 years

Guilty.

Burglary of unoccupied home.

Georgia.

Since he was sent to Clayton County Prison I haven't visited him because I live in Texas and his facility doesn't offer video visitation.

I try to think of the blessings we have when I get too upset. For one thing, he is alive. Some addicts don't make it out alive. My son is blessed to be able to look back at his mistakes and learn from them. And I am so very thankful for that blessing.