Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:50 PM

Default Probation - how does it work?

My honey is being relseaed on probation and I'm just curious about the process. His probation officer called to verify my address and make sure that it was okay for him to stay with me. Will the search my house before he's released?

Also, he said that he's known some people who were just realeased under Prop 57. They way he said it made it seem as though there was no advance notification for them being released? Is that a thing? I hope not because I'd like to be off work when he comes so I need to ask for the days off.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2017, 11:29 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,636 Times in 806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythelitnerd View Post
My honey is being relseaed on probation and I'm just curious about the process. His probation officer called to verify my address and make sure that it was okay for him to stay with me. Will the search my house before he's released?

Also, he said that he's known some people who were just realeased under Prop 57. They way he said it made it seem as though there was no advance notification for them being released? Is that a thing? I hope not because I'd like to be off work when he comes so I need to ask for the days off.

Thanks in advance!

How it usually works is the person being released on probation . Has conditions of probation to follow. Right off the top the ones I know for sure are no firearms, no knives with blades longer the 2'' innless they are needed for employment, residence is subject to search by any law enforcement officer, same thing goes for cars, no drugs or use of alcohol in excess.
If the probation officer has been out to verify his residency. His residency has been approved. Your honey will be given a release date. Not jus tpack your stuff you are going home unless you are talking about be released from a county facility. As far as the prop.57 thing I really doubt they are just telling people go home. your time is up. CDCR has policy and procedure for released
especially supervised release. Not saying they are not letting people out. They aren't coming up to them at 8:00 A.M. and telling them you are going home in an hour. takes more time then that to get processed and everything in order . Like reporting instructions and conditions of parole/probation
Old 08-09-2017, 01:14 AM

My hubby is set to be out in December and his daughters wedding is one week after is the waiting period on flying out of State ?
Old 08-10-2017, 08:22 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,543 Times in 13,142 Posts

He may not be able to attend the wedding if its out of state.
He will need written permission to attend an out of state wedding, from his probation officer.

Now it may be approved but I'd think the probation dept might want to know him a bit and being out only a week?
I dunno.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (08-10-2017), Patrickj (08-19-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 12:39 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,636 Times in 806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvfaith33 View Post
My hubby is set to be out in December and his daughters wedding is one week after is the waiting period on flying out of State ?

First thing he will need a travel order from his P.O to go to the weeding Being out only one week and requesting a travel order. I would say he will not be approved to go. To early after release to be wanting to travel out of the jurisdiction