Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:01 PM

Question First few a days still haven't heard from girlfriend

This is my first experience being with someone that is in jail. She was taken into local police custody Wednesday night for probation violation following an overdose in which her dad called 911 after he found her unconscious. I checked the montgomery county inmate search tool and it said she was taken to county jail on Thursday and is currently on the intake block. I thought I would have heard from her by now(Sunday) does anyone know how long it takes before inmate can make phone calls, on average? I'm very worried at this point.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,958 Times in 2,167 Posts

In most cases jails are easy to visit. Maybe you can just go see her? Could she be in medical? Mine did call me from medical though he is in California,so I think a face to face is indicated if you can do that.You would have heard already, in our jails anyway.Perhaps she is ashamed? I think I had to purchase some pre-paid global teal link or some such thing to accept calls from the jail but at least you would know if she tried rom the recording you would get.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,815 Times in 13,675 Posts

I hope you've heard from her by now. Many times jails have their own telephone systems (the one in a PA county was owned by the judge!) so you may have to call the jail to find out the process. Here's a link to their web page.
http://www.montcopa.org/index.aspx?nid=496

Many times new inmates aren't able to call until they complete processing, but in the jails (versus prisons) I visited, I was always able to use the phones right away.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:59 PM

Thanked 5,994 Times in 3,116 Posts

Hopefully she won't be in the psych ward, but that's usually where overdose people go. But if she is you won't hear from her until she is in general population. (overdosing is considered a suicide attempt) I hope she is able to call you soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Driver For Hire (11-25-2014)