Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:25 PM

Al from Reno NV here. Just found out today my stepson was moved to McConnell. He was sentenced (3 years) in Nov 2018, and has moved around like the bouncing ball-El Paso Annex, Middleton, Goree, Byrd, Darrington, and now McConnell. I'm looking for any information on McConnell-What the routine is like, how safe it is, upsides/downsides, chow quality, basically anything. The info I can get online is sparse and conflicting. It's a medium security prison, yet one of the toughest in the state. It houses G1-G5 level inmates, yet is medium security. It's a newer facility, but run down. I guess I'm a bit at sea here. Any information at all would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and I sure appreciate any insight or help!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alx8063 View Post
Al from Reno NV here. Just found out today my stepson was moved to McConnell. He was sentenced (3 years) in Nov 2018, and has moved around like the bouncing ball-El Paso Annex, Middleton, Goree, Byrd, Darrington, and now McConnell. I'm looking for any information on McConnell-What the routine is like, how safe it is, upsides/downsides, chow quality, basically anything. The info I can get online is sparse and conflicting. It's a medium security prison, yet one of the toughest in the state. It houses G1-G5 level inmates, yet is medium security. It's a newer facility, but run down. I guess I'm a bit at sea here. Any information at all would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and I sure appreciate any insight or help!!!
It's an okay place my husband is there they're currently on lockdown right now not really sure when they're getting off what specific questions do you have
Old 07-01-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy.eddieray View Post
It's an okay place my husband is there they're currently on lockdown right now not really sure when they're getting off what specific questions do you have
What is visitation like? What is the age limit? Do you have to bring birth certificates? I have alot of questions and have tried to call but the people answer the phone and hang up every time. We live 6 hours away and dont wanna plan a visit and drive all the way for nothing.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:12 PM

I have a close friend in McConnell. Can anybody tell me about this place? I wrote him a couple of emails. Turns out they can't reply back. They can only read them. I guess I will have to start writing letters to him.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:57 AM

Unhappy LO in McConnell

Hi everybody I just found out that a LO is in McConnell Unit. I was wondering how that unit is? I heard mixed emotions about that unit. I am kind of scared for my friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Winter4tempest For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-25-2020)