Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:43 AM

Post Intro - xmasevebaby - Ohio

Long story short, we live in Iowa and have been together for over 4 years now. Anyway, we have 2 wonderful kids together, he has 2 from a prior marriage, and I have 1 from a prior marriage. Almost the Brady Bunch but not quite....we have 4 girls and 1 boy.

So anyway, way back when he still lived in Ohio he did a shady business deal and a warrant was issued back at the end of '06. The actual deal was way before then, but anyway, so he gets arrested in IA - where he lives now - in April of 2008 and is going to court today in Ohio to plea.

I guess, I would just like some support and info on the court system there. From what I was told, it is a fourth degree felony, he will have to serve 30 days and they will let him out on judicial release. Anyone else know how this works or been through this. He is going to court in Fairfield County and is supposed to be sent to CRC. I have lots of questions, so any info would be appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 AM

Welcome to Prison Talk.

I am so sorry this has happened to you. The only thing I can tell you is that it is not that easy to get out on Judcial Release. I am sure other can give you more information on that
Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM

Which county in Ohio? There are some horrible abuses in a few counties. Be very careful. Tell him not to talk to ANYONE about himself or his arrest or anything like that. Snitches who realize someone is not local and set them up to reduce their own time bound in Ohio.

Sometimes people get held in jail a long time. Ohio has 88 counties, some very fair and some absolutely Draconian. Depending where he is he may need to be very careful and you should get him the best legal representation you can.

Good luck.

Last edited by JennyMCa; 04-23-2009 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: clarity of post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Cactus
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,385 Times in 3,118 Posts

Welcome to PTO! You've come to the right place for support.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM

He is in Fairfield County and went today for his plea hearing and is supposed to get his sentencing right then and their. I still can't locate him anywhere via internet and I don't want to call just yet. His hearing was at 2pm ohio time - ia is an hour behind and there is still no info. It is around 6:30 in ohio now, and I'm not sure when they update their systems with the latest inmates.

Someone said judicial release isn't that easy?? I am so scared right now and if anyone can give me additional info on that it would be great. His attorney claims that he has never had a judicial release turned down.....but maybe he hasn't filed that many.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 04-24-2009, 07:31 AM

Default Here is what I know so far...it's not much

He got a 4 year suspended sentence for a 2nd degree felony and then an 11 month sentence for a 4th degree felony. I'm not sure if this is a mandatory 11 month sentence or what.....I hope not, we really need him home!!! I will update with any additional information as I find out. This information came from a newspaper article because nothing else has been updated yet and I can't get ahold of his attorney! I am so frustrated!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasevebaby View Post
He got a 4 year suspended sentence for a 2nd degree felony and then an 11 month sentence for a 4th degree felony. I'm not sure if this is a mandatory 11 month sentence or what.....I hope not, we really need him home!!! I will update with any additional information as I find out. This information came from a newspaper article because nothing else has been updated yet and I can't get ahold of his attorney! I am so frustrated!
I don't know what website(s) you have tried, but here's the link to the Fairfield County Clerk of Courts, where you can pull up his case www.fairfieldcountyclerk.com. If you are looking at the ohio offender database website, you won't find him because he is in a county jail and that website only shows offenders who are incarcerated in state prisons. The clerk website should show his sentence and whether he is to serve his time in County or if they are going to move him to a state prison. If he is a first time offender, there is a possibility that he can get judicial release after he's served a certain amount of time, but ultimately it's the judge's decision, so a lot of it depends on what kind of a judge he gets and the judge's mood at the time he reviews the request. I wish you both the best of luck and hopefully they won't keep him too long.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:08 PM

Default Thanks and I have that site.

The Fairfield County Clerk Site is on my favorites and I keep checking it, but it still hasn't been updated.....and his attorney is supposed to be sending me all the information

Anyway, from what he has told me in our brief phone conversations is that they are going to transfer him to CRC on Monday and he is supposed to be staying there.

He said they talked about the judicial release stuff at his sentencing and the judge made it sound like he would get it.....I think in all honesty, they just charged him with something to prove a point.

This is the first time he's ever been into trouble and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well and he is home soon!!!! The kids are missing him dearly and I don't want him to miss seeing some of the baby's first things (crawling, walking, etc.).