Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) - Norco
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) - Norco Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) located in Norco, California.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Exclamation SENDING PACKAGES ~ Q & A Thread

My brother wants me to send him electronics from one vendor and clothing/food from another vendor is that possible to do at the same time or do I have to use just one vendor? Also can you suggest a vendor that is good? Thanks!

Last edited by Junior'sQueen; 08-16-2009 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Retitle
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 07:21 PM
"One Love"

For Electronics I am assuming youre brother wants a tv maybe.

I have tried a couple of vendors but I mostly used Access Secure pak.

Here is the link. You should order his electronics (tv, radio walkman) through special purchase there and his regular package also.

http://www.californiaqp.com/

Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 AM

I was wondering if we are able to send cds from Amazon or some where like that or do the cds have to be qp package only?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Stormy41Mom

Thanked 1,133 Times in 801 Posts

If you send just CD's they will count as his quarterly package and you will not be able to send him anything else until the next quarter. There are CD's available from both Access and Walkenhorst that you can include in the quarterly packages. The selection isn't hugh but they will get something to listen to.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 AM
FINALLY...I FOUND U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamber View Post
I was wondering if we are able to send cds from Amazon or some where like that or do the cds have to be qp package only?
Call CRC R&R and ask them if they are still allowing CDs to be sent separately without being counted as prisons do vary.
I have been sending my husband CDs from eBay , amazon and halfdotcom for 2 years without any problem. As a matter of fact, his name e
Was on the package list yesterday and he got his quarterly package and a cd I just sent via eBay last Friday.
The actual policy is that CDs need to be sent with the quarterly package otherwise it will count as their quarterly however CRC hasn't been enforcing that.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
"One Love"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamber View Post

Yes you can, I have sent him cd's from Amazon and Borders.

He got them fine. And the good thing was that besides the fact that he got his cd's he was able to get his quarterly package fine.

Like 1proudwifey said, just call R & R and asked them. Just so you can double check.

But I know I did it last quarter and had no problem.

Last edited by scorpnqn; 08-14-2009 at 02:36 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpnqn For This Useful Post:
Bamber (08-14-2009)
Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Stormy41Mom

Wish they would do the same at CCI.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:43 AM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1proudwifey View Post
Call CRC R&R and ask them if they are still allowing CDs to be sent separately without being counted as prisons do vary.
I have been sending my husband CDs from eBay , amazon and halfdotcom for 2 years without any problem. As a matter of fact, his name e
Was on the package list yesterday and he got his quarterly package and a cd I just sent via eBay last Friday.
The actual policy is that CDs need to be sent with the quarterly package otherwise it will count as their quarterly however CRC hasn't been enforcing that.
When I called R&R six months ago I was told the CDs would be counted as a quarterly package. So I have never tried to send CDs from any other source but the quarterly package companies. Can someone post any recent info from R&R? It would really help if CDs could be sent from another less expensive source such as Amazon. Thanks.

Last edited by aquiltter; 08-15-2009 at 10:45 AM..
Old 08-15-2009, 12:01 PM
FINALLY...I FOUND U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquiltter View Post
When I called R&R six months ago I was told the CDs would be counted as a quarterly package. So I have never tried to send CDs from any other source but the quarterly package companies. Can someone post any recent info from R&R? It would really help if CDs could be sent from another less expensive source such as Amazon. Thanks.
Thursday (2days) ago was when my husband went to pick up his quarterly package and also a cd sent separately.
When I called R&R the officer I spoke to ( who works in there 5 days a week) said he wasn't aware of a cd counting as a QP, so I asked the Associate Warden who oversees R&R at our IFC meeting on Aug 7th, and he said he would check into it and get back to me.
So basically ,..... Everyone I did ask , didn't know.
So all I am going by is personal experience ad well as scorpnqn also saying that she sends them too and they get there fine.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:25 PM

You may want to check facility rules, as if they are on incentive level there may be restrictions to what you can send. If a television is wanted, make sure what kind is allowed as they may require a clear case.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Time will heal my pain

When I sent my husband 2 cds from second spin about a 1 months ago or so he was told that only this one time he would get the Cds but next time they were going to be counted like a packet. I have not sent more bc i do not want to run the risk. I think that sometimes you get away with more when you know people in the system or depending on who you speak with JMO.

They should just make it more clear what the protocal is RE: Sending CDs from other outside sources.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM
FINALLY...I FOUND U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSweetness View Post
When I sent my husband 2 cds from second spin about a 1 months ago or so he was told that only this one time he would get the Cds but next time they were going to be counted like a packet. I have not sent more bc i do not want to run the risk. I think that sometimes you get away with more when you know people in the system or depending on who you speak with JMO.

They should just make it more clear what the protocal is RE: Sending CDs from other outside sources.
Actually, the reason is more likely inconstitency. Due to all the furloughs, many officers are working in areas that they are not familiar with the program.
It's just like all the other things such as using the phone, eto time for visits etc, some officers don't trip and some do.
If anyone does send CDs separately, when the inmates are called down to r&r,
If that pArticular r&r officer tells them the cd will count as a QP, the inmate will have the option to refuse the cd or send it home, so for those that have been around the system for a while and understand that things are always changing from c/o to c/o, u have a choice between not sending CDs by themselves anymore or taking the chance that you will get a c/o that doesn't trip , and the cd will get thru, no problem !
Old 09-20-2009, 01:25 AM

Question Vendors - Which to choose & what to send?

I received a call today from my friend at CRC - asking for a quarterly package - he didn't specify what he wanted so I'm sending him a little stationary, some food, etc. (This will be his first package). I have checked out the sites for the vendors and spent like 4 hours here looking for information/experiences with the vendors. Are they all about the same as far as prices and reliability go? I know this site doesn't recommend vendors, but I would appreciate the benefit of individual experiences, etc.
Also, what have you heard are favorite items?
Thanks for your time and help,
Nancy
Old 09-20-2009, 07:37 AM
FINALLY...I FOUND U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancybeth View Post
I received a call today from my friend at CRC - asking for a quarterly package - he didn't specify what he wanted so I'm sending him a little stationary, some food, etc. (This will be his first package). I have checked out the sites for the vendors and spent like 4 hours here looking for information/experiences with the vendors. Are they all about the same as far as prices and reliability go? I know this site doesn't recommend vendors, but I would appreciate the benefit of individual experiences, etc.
Nancy
I use Access (californiaqp.com) they seem to be cheaper than Walkenhorst and my husband gets the package in his hand in 10 days.
As far as favorite items go, it would depend on what he likes.
I think if you put together a package with the basics: toothpaste, soap, shampoo/conditioner, razors, and food: a few pouch items, beans, soups, coffee/tang/kool aid , cookies, etc you should be good. If he has any $$ on his books, he can purchase any additional items from the canteen too.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:44 AM
FINALLY...I FOUND U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancybeth View Post
Nancy
I use Access (californiaqp.com) they seem to be cheaper than Walkenhorst and my husband gets the package in his hand in 10 days.
As far as favorite items go, it would depend on what he likes.
I think if you put together a package with the basics: toothpaste, soap, shampoo/conditioner, razors, and food: a few pouch items, beans, soups, chips, coffee/tang/kool aid , cookies, etc you should be good. If he has any $$ on his books, he can purchase any additional items from the canteen too.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:10 PM

Thanked 1,500 Times in 921 Posts

I like Walkenhorsts, it's a little more expensive but they ship by the next day and usually everything is in stock. I used Access twice and both times I problems like them holding the package for out of stock items without notifying me and it took about 2 1/2 weeks for my husband to receive it.

My husband likes to get his toiletries such as shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, razors, deodorant, etc. And for food, he likes coffee, sweeteners, flavored creamers, refried beans, snacks and the ramen noodles (these are great and really inexpensive). Coffee seems to be a favorite in there.

You can also put money on his books but find out if he owes restitution becasue if he does they will take 55% of any money you put on his books.

I hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidsGirl4Ever For This Useful Post:
nancybeth (10-25-2009)
Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Stormy41Mom

As for stationary don't clutter the package with it, just send that by regular mail save the weight for other things.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvia For This Useful Post:
nancybeth (10-25-2009)
Old 09-26-2009, 02:35 AM

Whatever you do don't use walkenhorst! I ordered my husband a 13" t.v. from there and it arrived damaged. I tried to reach them for an exchange and they ignored me, gave me the run around, like my husband would have to return in it the original box and pay postage! First of all, the know that inmates aren't allowed to keep the boxes and how would I track the package if I could return it? We did the back and forth until; the warranty (90 days) expired and I was S.O.L. So buyer beware, use Access! I learned my lesson, the have the same stuff, price specials, good service and you can even send money through them instead of JPay!
The Following User Says Thank You to DinahBordum For This Useful Post:
nancybeth (10-25-2009)
Old 09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Stormy41Mom

I have used walkenhorst for my son's things, even a tv, and have not had any problems.

nancybeth (10-25-2009)
Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 AM

Default Walkenhorst's bad service

I'm guessing you never tried to exchange anything. I'm still sick about the t.v. I spent over $300 and the button panel come off the first week! They stalled me and gave me the run around until it was too late to return it. They even went as far as to lie to me about the procedure. They said my husband had to take it to R & R himself and mail it in the box it came in. Is there anything wrong with that picture?
The Following User Says Thank You to DinahBordum For This Useful Post:
nancybeth (10-25-2009)
Old 10-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Stormy41Mom

There have been a couple of times when W sent the wrong items or something opened and spilled. W replaced the items within a week. R&R did a quick job on notifing them. It was done before I even had a chance to call and complain. Sorry, but I hav had good luck with them.

nancybeth (10-25-2009)
Old 10-25-2009, 12:46 AM

Question Quarterly packages

Hi all, Thanks for the responses to my post asking about vendors. I ordered a package from access on 9-20-09 and it was sent 9-21-09. I checked the status and it was received by Norco on the 25th I think. As my buddy jlg was still in reception, they held onto it until approx. 10-7-09. Then they told him it counts as the 4th quarter package. That really made me mad! Access confirmed that it was for the 3rd quarter. Any ideas? Thanks! Nancy
Old 09-18-2010, 02:27 AM

Can anyone give me current info on number of items they can have like how many socks boxers shirts etc? Also has anyone bought a typewriter he has to have one need recommendations. As for order dates to make the quarter do i need to order before the last day or does he have to get it by then
Old 09-18-2010, 11:00 AM
FINALLY...I FOUND U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarrie View Post
Can anyone give me current info on number of items they can have like how many socks boxers shirts etc? Also has anyone bought a typewriter he has to have one need recommendations. As for order dates to make the quarter do i need to order before the last day or does he have to get it by then
When you go onto the website of the package company , it will tell you how many of each item they can receive.
At Crc, the package has to arrive at the prison By Sept 30th, or it will be counted as a 4th Quarter package.so you can call and ask the company what the last day would be to order to guarantee they will deliver it by Sept 30th.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:13 AM

Default Where do i send him cds

Hi ladys am hoping you girls can help me ,am ordering cds for my baby through amazon.com is there a paticular address or do use the adress where i mail him letters thanks