Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 PM

Default CRC Visitation Questions..

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, my bf has been at CRC for a little over 3 weeks now, I plan to go visit him this week. I have read on some posts that if you don't get there too early you can sometimes get a longer visit if the room doesn't get crowded. Not sure how often this happens and how long the visits typically last.
Its an 1 1/2 hour drive for me so I was trying to figure out what time to get there. The website shows that for morning visits you must be there by 9:15 for processing. I'm not sure if I should plan to be there around 9?
I already have the visitation application filled out and ready to go.
Also, I read the dress guidelines, I'm wondering if capris and flip-flops would be okay to wear with just a tee-shirt? It didn't really state anything about that.
Any information would be great! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 01:05 PM

I'll be going to see Joe Friday for the first time too!! I'm wondering if I need to bring anything in with me as well except for my ID? Change for the vending machines I will have, but I'm also wondering if flip flops are acceptable. Anymore insight ladies??

~*You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have*~
Old 07-10-2012, 04:03 PM

Default First visit at CRC today

Hey Everyone,

I went to see my boyfriend today, I thought it would be helpful to add this info here.

I took the vistation packet already filled out but they do have them there to fill out also, my id and change in a zip lock baggie. Anything else you have will have to be placed in a small locker, they give you a key that you keep with you. I wore capris, flip flops with a poncho style tee-shirt, as long as your pants aren't too tight and your chest is covered they don't care much from what I could tell.

When you first walk in there will be signup sheet, and a table with the packets-take a packet to fill out then sit down and they call you up by the last name of the inmate. Once called you go to processing desk and they place your id in an orange badge for you to wear, stamp your hand, and give you a white piece of a paper to keep with you.

Once everyone is processed in, you line up next to the metal detector, if you are wearing jewerly I recommend taking that off before going through and place it in the bin. You have to keep taking things off until you clear the detector, so some people had to take off several items before the detector didn't go off.

Once everyone is cleared, they walk you out to the vistation room. You walk to the CO at the front desk and give them the white piece of paper, they will then assign you a seat number.
There are 2 chairs across from each other and a small table between the chairs. The inmates are only allowed to get up when they are called for a restroom break every hour other than that they have to stay in their sit.

They do have a picture area there, it cost 2 dollars which you have to put dollar bills in a machine to get 2 tokens so if you want a picture for your loved one to keep make sure to take 2 dollar bills.

I waited about 30 minutes until my boyfriend came in, everyone else seemed to only wait around 15 minutes. The visit officially started at 10 am and I was able to stay until 3:15 pm which is when visiting ends. They call for visitors that want to leave every hour, it seemed to be around 5-15 minutes after the hour each time.

I was able to give my boyfriend a quick hug and kiss at the beginning and end of the visit. No touching during visiting though.

Overall it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was glad to be able to stay for so long since I had to drive 1 1/2 hours away. I hope this info helps someone else out there!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amariea For This Useful Post:
heyitsvon (07-10-2012), JoesGirl3 (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 05:57 PM

What about vending machines? And how long of a walk is it? I have a heart condition and will have to pause for breath. What time did you get there??

~*You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have*~
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM

the visiting room is about the size of a McDonalds. It's not real big and not a long walk to vending machines.depending where you are placed by the CO. You have to get anything he would like from the vending machines as he is not allowed to go to them. I suggest you find out what he wants early and get it because they tend to get wiped out quickly.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesGirl3 View Post
I'll be going to see Joe Friday for the first time too!! I'm wondering if I need to bring anything in with me as well except for my ID? Change for the vending machines I will have, but I'm also wondering if flip flops are acceptable. Anymore insight ladies??

You will need your birth certificate and his( birth certificate) not sure about this one I had to have my sons when I visited him last month, he was transferred today too Lebanon so I have to start all over again
Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesGirl3 View Post
What about vending machines? And how long of a walk is it? I have a heart condition and will have to pause for breath. What time did you get there??
I got there right at 9, the cut off for morning visit check in is 9:15, I wouldn't recommend getting there much earlier than that as you will be stuck waiting either way until everyone else gets checked in. I was only a few feet away from the vending machines so it was a quick trip. I took around $18 dollars worth of change, I probably spent around $8-9 of it, the sodas were $1.10,juices-$1.35,chips-$1.00, candy bars-$.85. just to give you an idea.

I'm not sure how to quote more than 1 post but to reply to the post below about the birth certificates:

I didn't have to have his birth certificate or mine to see him , I believe only the parents of the inmates have to bring that documentation.

Good Luck with your visit!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:58 PM

I know at Noble , I had to choose either Morning or Afternoon visit. Do you have to do the same thing at CRC? I am taking my son to see his dad and I wanna make sure he gets as much time with him as possible so I dunno what time to get there....any advice??
Old 08-16-2012, 08:17 PM

At CRC you can stay for both sessions from 8am - 3:15pm.