Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Illinois prison system.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:00 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,072 Times in 16,180 Posts
Default Inside Illinois’ New Marijuana Legalization Bill

Inside Illinois’ New Marijuana Legalization Bill

In addition to legalizing marijuana for all adults, the bill takes aim at righting the wrongs of the War on Drugs

When Governor J.B. Pritzker signed the Cannabis Regulation and Taxation Act into law on Tuesday, Illinois became the first state to legalize a comprehensive adult-use marijuana market through its legislature, setting up what looks to be a booming industry in the state, while helping to assist communities of color that have been ravaged by the War on Drugs.

Starting on January 1st, Illinois residents over the age of 21 will be allowed to possess up to 30 grams of cannabis, and adult visitors will be allowed to possess up to 15 grams. Medical marijuana patients will be allowed to grow up to five plants at home, though growing at home for social use will not be allowed. Cannabis flower that has under 35 percent THC will be taxed at 10 percent, products that contain over 35 percent THC (like vape oils and other concentrates) will be taxed at 25 percent, and cannabis-infused products will be taxed at 20 percent.

Read entire article below:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...n-bill-852088/

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (06-26-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2019, 06:30 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Inside Illinois’ New Marijuana Legalization Bill

In addition to legalizing marijuana for all adults, the bill takes aim at righting the wrongs of the War on Drugs

When Governor J.B. Pritzker signed the Cannabis Regulation and Taxation Act into law on Tuesday, Illinois became the first state to legalize a comprehensive adult-use marijuana market through its legislature, setting up what looks to be a booming industry in the state, while helping to assist communities of color that have been ravaged by the War on Drugs.

Starting on January 1st, Illinois residents over the age of 21 will be allowed to possess up to 30 grams of cannabis, and adult visitors will be allowed to possess up to 15 grams. Medical marijuana patients will be allowed to grow up to five plants at home, though growing at home for social use will not be allowed. Cannabis flower that has under 35 percent THC will be taxed at 10 percent, products that contain over 35 percent THC (like vape oils and other concentrates) will be taxed at 25 percent, and cannabis-infused products will be taxed at 20 percent.

Read entire article below:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...n-bill-852088/
It’s a good day in Chicago! The revenue this will generate in this state should help. Pritzker integrated the OAPP back in March. It provides a 90 medical marijuana card as an opiate alternative becuz of the crisis in this state (and many). I’m on painkillers from our car accident and I was on 7 Rx’s. Got the card and I’m only taking 1 now. I got my card via email in 24 hours after uploading appropriate documentation. I heard on our local news an hour ago they struck that five plants in the home from the Act though. The FOP Chiefs of Police were involved in that I guess.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 06-26-2019, 07:42 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,072 Times in 16,180 Posts

I thought the Governor signed with the provision for those with medical marijuana cards could grow 5 plants...but not anyone else

KY isn't even close to legalizing pot....they've recently just passed some crap that make pot possession Not a Priority, but its still a misdemeanor.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-26-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I thought the Governor signed with the provision for those with medical marijuana cards could grow 5 plants...but not anyone else

KY isn't even close to legalizing pot....they've recently just passed some crap that make pot possession Not a Priority, but its still a misdemeanor.
They are much, much closer than Indiana...lol At least KY governor has said he'll sign a medical marijuana bill if it passes his desk and they have are floating recreational. I work in KY on the border and my boss has stated the second ANY sort of marijuana is legalized we're shutting down and revamping the business. Indiana governor has stated that Indiana won't even consider ANYTHING until the federal government makes a law.
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 08:25 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:

Okay they didn’t specify that! But YES! That’s correct. That’s awesome!

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-27-2019)