Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service goes here

Old 06-16-2019, 06:21 PM

Cool Second parole violation

I've read that DOC has contracted beds in Monroe, although the offender has a second parole violation for alcohol. He's on supervision for life, he's done ten years already was released five months early. Has had no other issues with doc. The first time he went to county and now he's in IMU at Monroe, he's been in for a week and we haven't heard from him which isn't likely of him to do even when he doesn't have money on his books he finds a way to contact us. His cco won't give any information as to how long he'll be in for or when he's going to go against the review board. He's listed as a violent offender due to previous assaults as a teenager and gang related. We've been trying to put money on his account and it says it's not available to him but we can add money to other inmates in the same facility just not the same housing unit. I don't understand why he immediately went to the hole for a second violation.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2019, 01:48 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,101 Times in 12,766 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I don't know, sorry, but I hope you get answers from someone who does.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,843 Times in 3,085 Posts

The only thing that would make sense to me is that he got into trouble (whether he started it or someone else did) as soon as he was back inside.

I hope you can find a way to contact him soon. Have you tried calling the Chaplain?
Old 06-17-2019, 08:39 AM
Parole Officer

Monroe is a prison and therefore DOC owns those beds. They house community violators there as DOC has a shortage of contract jail beds in northeast Washington.

Community violaters are not housed with normal inmates, nor are they classified like normal inmates (i.e. Min/Meduim/Close) hence the "hole". And generally, they are only there for less than 30 days.

If he is a true ISRB case (parole) it's going to be a while. You're not getting a lot from the CCO as the CCO probably doesn't know when his hearing will be.

I'm not an expert with JPay, I'm guessing as violaters are there for such a short amount of time, that's the reason they don't have an account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WA CCO For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-17-2019), GingerM (06-18-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 12:12 AM

If he is in IMU he cannot receive email. When he gets out you'll be able to email him. He can receive snail mail though so you could write him that way. If he is under the ISRB and this is his second violation, I would expect him to do a fair amount of time. Hate to say that but they don't play.

every moment together is a blessingand I have faith that he's coming home soon!