Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:59 AM

No more pre stamped envolopes
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 02:15 PM

Got a few questions....
1. How long does it usually take before they are able to call out?
2. If someone’s day for visits is on a specific day but their support person will never be able to make it that day due to doctors appointments that can not be changed to any other day will they possibly let the inmate have a visit on a different day?
3. Is there a limit on how many letters they can be sent at any time?
4. How long does it normally take before they are moved to their home prison?

Old 06-14-2019, 08:42 PM

Hi! Usually it takes 48-72 hours for their info to get into the system before they can call. No limit on letters just make they are sent in white envelopes and have no stickers on them. Usually once they are sentenced it takes about 2 weeks to get to their home prison. As far as visits your best bet would be to call visitation and ask if it can be changed. Some COs are nice and will do it others won't so it just depends on who answers and what kind of mood they are in..
Old 06-14-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMindi View Post
Hi! Usually it takes 48-72 hours for their info to get into the system before they can call. No limit on letters just make they are sent in white envelopes and have no stickers on them. Usually once they are sentenced it takes about 2 weeks to get to their home prison. As far as visits your best bet would be to call visitation and ask if it can be changed. Some COs are nice and will do it others won't so it just depends on who answers and what kind of mood they are in..
Thanks for the information AngelMindi. I have been writing small letters every day since my guy was sentenced on the 5th that way I can send him the allotted 5 sheets of paper per envelope and he will be set at least on paper for a little while. Glad I went with the plain white envelopes, I almost picked up a package of the smaller sized brown envelopes that would fit pictures without them needing to be bent at all but I opted for the plain white instead. So it normally takes 2 weeks from sentencing to getting to CRC then another 2 weeks before getting to their home prison? If you cannot tell, this is the 1st time I have ever had anything to do with anything at all related to prison so it is all very confusing to me.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandainohio View Post
Got a few questions....
1. How long does it usually take before they are able to call out?
2. If someone’s day for visits is on a specific day but their support person will never be able to make it that day due to doctors appointments that can not be changed to any other day will they possibly let the inmate have a visit on a different day?
3. Is there a limit on how many letters they can be sent at any time?
4. How long does it normally take before they are moved to their home prison?

Hi Amanda, my boyfriend got to CRC on 6/28/2019 and I got my first phone call on 7/719. It was the automated call asking me for approval. I hope this is helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Missnewtothis For This Useful Post:
Amandainohio (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnewtothis View Post
Hi Amanda, my boyfriend got to CRC on 6/28/2019 and I got my first phone call on 7/719. It was the automated call asking me for approval. I hope this is helpful.
My boyfriend went in on the 6/20 and ended up being able to call me on 6/22, only downfall was it took a few more days before he was able to call again. He was able to talk to me right after the automated call which was nice. Not sure if it helped that I had already added money to my prepaid account though GTL both from when he was in county jail and as soon as he was transferred I added a little more. Calls are sooooo much cheaper from there too which is a huge help. I just finally was able to get down to visit him which went great. If you end up having any questions feel free to ask me and hopefully I might be able to help you out.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandainohio View Post
My boyfriend went in on the 6/20 and ended up being able to call me on 6/22, only downfall was it took a few more days before he was able to call again. He was able to talk to me right after the automated call which was nice. Not sure if it helped that I had already added money to my prepaid account though GTL both from when he was in county jail and as soon as he was transferred I added a little more. Calls are sooooo much cheaper from there too which is a huge help. I just finally was able to get down to visit him which went great. If you end up having any questions feel free to ask me and hopefully I might be able to help you out.
Ughh you are so lucky. I missed the automated call yesterday but accepted the calls today, but I still wasn’t able to talk to him after that. The next call I should finally be able to talk to him. It’s been the longest two weeks ever!!

I do have a question..did you ever try JPay email services?
Old 07-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Ughh you are so lucky. I missed the automated call yesterday but accepted the calls today, but I still wasn’t able to talk to him after that. The next call I should finally be able to talk to him. It’s been the longest two weeks ever!!

I do not have much knowledge on the jpay services, I sent my guy one but from what he has told me it is kind of hard for them to get a chance to really get on the kiosks to check their messages since so many guys want to get on them and their time they are out of the cells are so short. I can say that from my end it was very easy to send a message and it was pretty reasonable in price. I want to say my guy told me that they are given 6 stamps on jpay to use but I might be mistaken on that.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:

Also, if your guy happens to have his visiting day on fridays I may run into you there. I am planning on going either next Friday or the following Friday, still not 200% sure which I will go just yet.