Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:06 PM

Default GF transferred possibly pretty worried

We have fought a case for some time in LA county. Shes being transferred to CCWF possibly today. Don't know 100% but I was called by the automated system today and told the visits are cancelled due to housing transfer. Shes got sentencing and court is done so I'm pretty sure shes being transferred.

My question is, whats the time in which I will be able to find her in the system again on the state website? Right now its like shes in limbo.

Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker71 View Post
We have fought a case for some time in LA county. Shes being transferred to CCWF possibly today. Don't know 100% but I was called by the automated system today and told the visits are cancelled due to housing transfer. Shes got sentencing and court is done so I'm pretty sure shes being transferred.

My question is, whats the time in which I will be able to find her in the system again on the state website? Right now its like shes in limbo.

Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If she has been transferred out of L.A. County (Tuesdays would normally be the day for that) then that information should show up in the inmate locator within 3 hours of them moving her. It would also show if she has possibly been moved from one housing block to another (perhaps in preparation for transfer) or if, for some reason, she was moved from, say, Lynwood to Twin Towers.

Usually transfer to state takes 2-3 weeks after sentencing, so if you're in that timeline, then that is most likely what is happening.

Once she arrives at State Prison it can take up to 72 hours (but usually only takes about 24) for her to be assigned a CDCR number and her prison location shown (almost definitely CCWF since that is, to my knowledge, the only Reception prison for women in the state.)

Good luck, hopefully if she has been transferred she will show up in the state system soon and you can send off a quick letter.

For quick reference, sending mail to inmates at CCWF will be done at the following address:

Inmates (make sure to include Inmate’s Name and CDCR number): P.O. Box 1508, Chowchilla, CA 93610

So for example, how I would title my envelope when I sent letters to Dee at CCWF:

Inmate Name CDCR # XY1234
CCWF - Inmate <----(This I specify in case there's mailbox confusion)
P.O. Box 1508
Chowchilla, CA 93610

Good luck to you.

-Eric

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-10-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 04:37 PM

It should show up in the next couple of days. If she just went up today she's still getting processed in. I always hated how long it took. The process may have changed since I was last there and that was almost 20 yrs ago. But, I can remember not getting a to my cell until after evening chow. Being on A yard is a b*tch, I hated it but it was better than sitting in county that for sure. Especially after fighting a case in county. If she doesn't show up on the Inmate Locator, you can try to call records and get her housing unit.
gvalliant (07-10-2019), missingdee (07-10-2019), Sarianna (07-13-2019), sidewalker (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 08:24 AM

Shes still not in the locator but for some opportunity she was able to call me yesterday when she arrived. I have her number and will try and send money and stamps and whatever I can do.
The Following User Says Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
If she has been transferred out of L.A. County (Tuesdays would normally be the day for that) then that information should show up in the inmate locator within 3 hours of them moving her. It would also show if she has possibly been moved from one housing block to another (perhaps in preparation for transfer) or if, for some reason, she was moved from, say, Lynwood to Twin Towers.

Usually transfer to state takes 2-3 weeks after sentencing, so if you're in that timeline, then that is most likely what is happening.

Once she arrives at State Prison it can take up to 72 hours (but usually only takes about 24) for her to be assigned a CDCR number and her prison location shown (almost definitely CCWF since that is, to my knowledge, the only Reception prison for women in the state.)

Good luck, hopefully if she has been transferred she will show up in the state system soon and you can send off a quick letter.

For quick reference, sending mail to inmates at CCWF will be done at the following address:

Inmates (make sure to include Inmate’s Name and CDCR number): P.O. Box 1508, Chowchilla, CA 93610

So for example, how I would title my envelope when I sent letters to Dee at CCWF:

Inmate Name CDCR # XY1234
CCWF - Inmate <----(This I specify in case there's mailbox confusion)
P.O. Box 1508
Chowchilla, CA 93610

Good luck to you.

-Eric
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm glad shes safe yesterday, I can only hope for tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 10:32 AM

I see her on jpay now, set up an account and sent cash as well as sent a message. I don't know what kind of access to the kiosks she has but there's a message waiting on her if she does get access. No release date on the info system yet but I guess that will be coming soon. What a nightmare this all is.