Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:07 PM

Hello Ladies!
Could someone please give me the phone number to call to make an appointment for non contact visits- and also when do we call to make the appointment?

Please and thank you in adnvance ��
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,091 Times in 4,616 Posts

Hi are you an approved visitor and are you registered for Vpass .The new appointment come on line 2 weeks in advance at 9pm on a sunday evening.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:34 PM

The latest visiting update todays shows B yard as no visits and all other yards as visiting as normal.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:44 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Hi are you an approved visitor and are you registered for Vpass .The new appointment come on line 2 weeks in advance at 9pm on a sunday evening.
Hi there ...
Yes I am an approved visitor, but I'd like to make an appointment for NON-CONTACT VISIT since those are made by phone - and I don't know the number or the days to call
Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll*22 View Post
Hi there ...
Yes I am an approved visitor, but I'd like to make an appointment for NON-CONTACT VISIT since those are made by phone - and I don't know the number or the days to call
Here you go :
Visitors can schedule appointments over the telephone by calling (661) 720-4952 on Mondays through Fridays between the hours of 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
Note: Only one appointment per day can be scheduled to allow for other visitors to have equal access to the schedule process.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Facilities_Locator/KVSP.html

Last edited by maytayah; 02-13-2017 at 01:52 PM..
Old 02-15-2017, 08:38 AM

Default How long does it take to get approved to visit

Hello I am not sure if i am posting in the right place but a week ago I filled out a visitation form for KVSP and just curious as to how long the process takes. I realize that it has to go through the mail department etc. But on average..is the process quite quick?
Old 02-15-2017, 09:25 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,921 Times in 15,437 Posts

It depends.
I think it took around a month for me to be approved.
However when my son turned 18 he filled out a form, and sent it in about a month and a half before we had planned to visit.
They lost the form so they say.
Really bummed us out. Son refiled the application and was approved within 2 weeks time.

I say dont start worrying about it until its been about a month.
They will inform your loved one of your approval or denial.
If denied they are supposed to sent you a letter telling you why you were.
(and that seems to take a long time, you only know you were denied not why until they send that letter to you)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
hopeful2724 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 02:45 PM

The latest update from V pass shows no visits for B yard this weekend all other yards as normal.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2724 View Post
Hello I am not sure if i am posting in the right place but a week ago I filled out a visitation form for KVSP and just curious as to how long the process takes. I realize that it has to go through the mail department etc. But on average..is the process quite quick?
It took me about a month
Old 02-22-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Hi there yes the dress code is strict, you cannot wear blue ,you cant wear anything see thru or sheer , you can't wear leggings,you cannot wear hoods, No tight fitting clothes, no shorts or skirts above the knee. It also states no layering not sure what they mean by that.
Dress code is SO STRICT. I had to change both mornings. First day pants were too tight, second day the ones that were approved after changing the first day, were too tight. And no Green either, ladies. Thought my baggy sweater was cool, and c/o didn't say anything to me, until right before being processed. Had to change that too. It's hit or miss, I think. Others were wearing very similar clothing to what I got denied for. If you're curvy, cover it up that's my advice anyway.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:35 PM

kvsp is one of the worse prisons I've ever had to deal with, they bully, and discourage visitors, they really need a uhaul, if anyone knows who else I can complain to other than the warden, ombudsman let me know, I've already went to them and it seems like they think its ok to treat visitors in that manner. Has anyone read that book The Green Wall, by DJ Vodicka? Very interesting, and I do believe a lot of those facts still exist. Kvsp has been getting away with treating visitors in that fashion for so long they think its okay to continue.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:00 PM
I love u BAYBEE!

Hi Ladies! If any of you are cancelling a visit for this Sunday...I'll take it...TIA...

" In your absence my heart grows stronger. In your presence I fall in LOVE AGAIN."
Old 02-28-2017, 02:17 PM

Hi I need help on my visiting form it's asking for my id number. I put my number in. The next box part of question 5 it says official use only. Do i put my expiration date from my id card. Then it says issued by do i put los angeles California united states. what does official use only mean?
Old 02-28-2017, 11:34 PM
I love u BAYBEE!

Since CDCR has now combined Close A & Close B custody as "closed custody" is this affecting visits in anyway?

" In your absence my heart grows stronger. In your presence I fall in LOVE AGAIN."
Old 03-07-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshaye25 View Post
Hi I need help on my visiting form it's asking for my id number. I put my number in. The next box part of question 5 it says official use only. Do i put my expiration date from my id card. Then it says issued by do i put los angeles California united states. what does official use only mean?
Anything with "Official Use Only," leave blank. When the Visiting office runs your ID through DMV or CLETS, they check if it is valid and will fill that in themselves.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_Trudy View Post
Anything with "Official Use Only," leave blank. When the Visiting office runs your ID through DMV or CLETS, they check if it is valid and will fill that in themselves.
i never got a answer back i filled it in will i have to do it all over it again. i even tried to contact the visiting people to ask no one answer the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to oshaye25 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-08-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 04:05 PM

If you are approved they will let your loved one know and he will tell you.If you are denied they should write directly to you with a reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-08-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
If you are approved they will let your loved one know and he will tell you.If you are denied they should write directly to you with a reason.
the guy told me to leave the official use blank to fill the expiration date for your id in today. I mailed in the form already last friday. since i filled in that part will i have to filled it out again. thats the only part i mess up on was question 5 where it says official use only and i didn't know so i fill it in and put my expiration date and i fill out the part where it said issued by so i fill in my state country and county.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:56 PM

You shouldnt fill in any parts that say for official use. Those parts are for the prison staff. If you have filled out the form incorrectly they will probably not process it or deny you until you fill in a form correctly.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
You shouldnt fill in any parts that say for official use. Those parts are for the prison staff. If you have filled out the form incorrectly they will probably not process it or deny you until you fill in a form correctly.
I didn't know no one message me back when I had the form and I had to mail it back. I was calling the visiting line and no one picked up. So I took a chance and did it this is first time doing a visiting form. If I would of known u would of never fill it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to oshaye25 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I didn't know no one message me back when I had the form and I had to mail it back. I was calling the visiting line and no one picked up. So I took a chance and did it this is first time doing a visiting form. If I would of known u would of never fill it out.
Sorry we didnt get back to you in time but dont worry the worst that will happen is you may be denied and you will then need to complete another form. When that happens post on here or PM and we can help you.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:47 AM
I love u BAYBEE!

Hi ladies! Is there a way to find out why my husband has been moved to Ad/Seg? I just called visiting to make an appointment and they told me he was moved

Old 03-13-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:

there is a chance you won't get denied for filling in the expiration date.. i did by accident when i applied & didn't have an issue.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin*my*Mouse View Post
Hi ladies! Is there a way to find out why my husband has been moved to Ad/Seg? I just called visiting to make an appointment and they told me he was moved

i'm pretty sure you'll have to wait to hear from him why he was moved. i don't think they'll tell you over the phone.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:22 AM
I love u BAYBEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrittanyrenee View Post
i'm pretty sure you'll have to wait to hear from him why he was moved. i don't think they'll tell you over the phone.
Thank you! I kinda figured I would have to wait for him to write to me but just thought I asked. Any ladies know how much they are allowed to go to store in Ad/Seg?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lovin*my*Mouse For This Useful Post:
maytayah (03-13-2017)