Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:06 PM
MarF

Default Jackson GDCP- counselor contact?

So my LO is at Jackson...we're having issues with his mother's name in the system. He put her down with her maiden name. Not the married which is what's on her IDs....anyway, it's caused an issue with Jpay and I called a number and they said I Had to send him a letter telling him to go to his counselor and correct the info. But that's going to take forever...or so I assume.

Does anyone know if we are allowed direct contact with the counselor? Before I try getting anyone on the phone just thought I'd post here and ask....I didn't know if anyone had ever tried to get in touch with their loved one's counselor themselves or if it's just the rule that the offender has to do it himself...

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrangel89 View Post
So my LO is at Jackson...we're having issues with his mother's name in the system. He put her down with her maiden name. Not the married which is what's on her IDs....anyway, it's caused an issue with Jpay and I called a number and they said I Had to send him a letter telling him to go to his counselor and correct the info. But that's going to take forever...or so I assume.

Does anyone know if we are allowed direct contact with the counselor? Before I try getting anyone on the phone just thought I'd post here and ask....I didn't know if anyone had ever tried to get in touch with their loved one's counselor themselves or if it's just the rule that the offender has to do it himself...

Thanks in advance!

Let his mom call and talk to the counselor! They're kinda friendly lol
Old 04-18-2018, 01:20 PM
MarF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWins18 View Post
Let his mom call and talk to the counselor! They're kinda friendly lol
Thank you...yea, everyone I've spoken to so far has been kind. The problem is his mother speaks zero English. I do all the calls and talking for her. I sent him a letter last week with her correct info. Hopefully he got it already and will make the changes soon.... I'll try to call when I'm with her next time I visit her. This is all too frustrating for us. We're trying to start getting used to the way things work now that he's out of county jail ..... ):
Old 04-18-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrangel89 View Post
Thank you...yea, everyone I've spoken to so far has been kind. The problem is his mother speaks zero English. I do all the calls and talking for her. I sent him a letter last week with her correct info. Hopefully he got it already and will make the changes soon.... I'll try to call when I'm with her next time I visit her. This is all too frustrating for us. We're trying to start getting used to the way things work now that he's out of county jail ..... ):

Oh ok! Jackson is the hard part! Good luck