Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 PM

Default Is Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center (DRDC) 23/1?

Is drdc really 23/1? How long is an inmate typically there for? Do they get tablets there? My husbands going to go insane. Im not in colorado i cant just go visit him im 1000 miles away. If i jpay him will he even get it at drdc?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2019, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_fos89 View Post
Is drdc really 23/1? How long is an inmate typically there for? Do they get tablets there? My husbands going to go insane. Im not in colorado i cant just go visit him im 1000 miles away. If i jpay him will he even get it at drdc?
He'll be classified while he's there which could take up to 45 days. He will have very limited phone access while there. They took tablets away last year however some facilities are in the process of getting them back. They haven't made it back to DRDC. He will get JPay letters while he is there.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 07:32 AM

Thank you all for the info.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
He'll be classified while he's there which could take up to 45 days. He will have very limited phone access while there. They took tablets away last year however some facilities are in the process of getting them back. They haven't made it back to DRDC. He will get JPay letters while he is there.
Im sorry if im annoying you just trying to get the hang of this whole thing. I just habe two more questions. I know you said he wont have much access to phone while hes at drdc but for if and when he does get access to it... Its GTL im supposed to use right? And is it better to use the advance pay for my phone number? Or better to put it in his inmate pin account?
My second question is how long will it take for him to show up on the jpay website?
Old 07-11-2019, 09:25 AM

Hi. Is your husband already at DRDC or is he still in Denver county? Does he show up on inmate locater?

You have to use GTL for phone. When he gets to his facility it will be a little cheaper for him to purchase phone time. You can use either pin or advanced pay. If you put on his pin account, he can call anyone. If you put on advance pay (I consider this my account), he can only call you.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:34 AM

Hes now at drdc he got there yesterday. I had already told him not to call me tell he got settled in there so i was already not expecting a call right away. I had no idea calls would be so difficult from their so now im debating if i should just wait tell he gets where ever he is going. But then he might get upset if he does try to call and there is no money on there. So ill pry put like 10 just incase. Do they get commissary at drdc? Thats his big thing.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Hes now at drdc he got there yesterday. I had already told him not to call me tell he got settled in there so i was already not expecting a call right away. I had no idea calls would be so difficult from their so now im debating if i should just wait tell he gets where ever he is going. But then he might get upset if he does try to call and there is no money on there. So ill pry put like 10 just incase. Do they get commissary at drdc? Thats his big thing.
I always keep at least $10 on the phone for emergencies. I don't believe he will be able to order canteen there. They will give him basic hygiene there. On phone calls, when he is allowed, the times will be random. You won't be able to have him call at specific times. If you miss a call, you may not hear from him for a few days.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:56 PM

Ill probably jus jpay him a message saying not to bother calling. Hopefully they get him classified quickly. I really dont see him having a lot of issues. Hes got his ged his a first time offended and doesnt have any addiction issues. So hoping it goes smoothly
Old 07-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Hopefully. DOC is so unpredictable.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:16 PM

Im slowly learning this... Ill be glad when this is all over.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Hopefully. DOC is so unpredictable.
Are their any airports close to the prisons in colorado? Haha. I know this is probably a stupid question but im aaking anyways.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,090 Times in 4,616 Posts

When I visit I fly into Denver but there are other airports at Colorado springs ,pueblo, and Aspen. I am sure there are other too.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:42 PM

DIA is biggest airport. Springs have some direct flights but most are connecting through DIA so you are almost better off flying right into DIA.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
DIA is biggest airport. Springs have some direct flights but most are connecting through DIA so you are almost better off flying right into DIA.
I just wont have a car. Id have to either rent, convence my friend to drive me or uber... Or just drive the whole way. If theres a closer airport that would be best. But idk where hes gonna be yet. Im just thinking way ahead. But i always like to have a plan. Because i know hes gonna ask do you know what your gonna do where your gonna stay ect.... He's a man of many questions.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:02 PM
Donation Award 

DRDC is a tough time for them. The reason the phone calls are difficult is because they let them out 1 pod/unit at a time and the first ones in line for the phones are the ones that get calls. If he is always let out last then you may not get a call, Make sure he has money so he can purchase stamps from Canteen so he can write to you. Write him often, it helps. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse1 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-16-2019), nancyginnm (07-16-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1 View Post
DRDC is a tough time for them. The reason the phone calls are difficult is because they let them out 1 pod/unit at a time and the first ones in line for the phones are the ones that get calls. If he is always let out last then you may not get a call, Make sure he has money so he can purchase stamps from Canteen so he can write to you. Write him often, it helps. Good luck.
So he does get commissary there? I was told they dont get commissary while at drdc... Oh man he's probably broke and mad. Ooops.. Ill have to get money on his books asap. Whats better for cominsarry GTL or JPAY or does it matter?
Old 07-19-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
So he does get commissary there? I was told they dont get commissary while at drdc... Oh man he's probably broke and mad. Ooops.. Ill have to get money on his books asap. Whats better for cominsarry GTL or JPAY or does it matter?
I always use JPay. I used GTL one time and it took four days to hit his account. Idk if it has improved but I've stuck with JPay.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:22 PM
Donation Award 

I also prefer jpay. I know they can purchase stamps, paper and envelopes. I don't recall about the normal Canteen items.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1 View Post
I also prefer jpay. I know they can purchase stamps, paper and envelopes. I don't recall about the normal Canteen items.
Has anyone bought their inmate a jpay tablet? Does colorado allow that?
Old 07-20-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Has anyone bought their inmate a jpay tablet? Does colorado allow that?
No Colorado does not allow JPay tablets. DOC has twice now rolled out tablets and they were taken away. They are rolling out a pilot program to some facilities.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
No Colorado does not allow JPay tablets. DOC has twice now rolled out tablets and they were taken away. They are rolling out a pilot program to some facilities.
My husbands now at cheyanne mountain reentry center. I guess its a private prison or is it a halfway house? I still havent heard from him. I only know they moved him from looking online. Will it be easier for him to use the phone there?
Old 07-24-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
My husbands now at cheyanne mountain reentry center. I guess its a private prison or is it a halfway house? I still havent heard from him. I only know they moved him from looking online. Will it be easier for him to use the phone there?
It's a rentry facility. He should be able to call soon. Unfortunately I have only heard negative feedback about the facility.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
It's a rentry facility. He should be able to call soon. Unfortunately I have only heard negative feedback about the facility.
Reentry what exactly does that mean? Like a halfway house can they leave on their own or no? What kinds of negative things? Sorry im knew to this whole thing. I knoe nothing about the prison system. Should I send my vistors application now? Do you still have to do that for a reentry place?
Old 07-24-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Reentry what exactly does that mean? Like a halfway house can they leave on their own or no? What kinds of negative things? Sorry im knew to this whole thing. I knoe nothing about the prison system. Should I send my vistors application now? Do you still have to do that for a reentry place?
It's a facility that works with inmates to re-enter society. There are also a lot of sex offenders at that facility because they have to take a lot of classes. No, they cannot leave the facility it's still a prison. They have dorm-style living which is one of the worst from what I have heard. The good thing is if this is your husband's first prison stay, he won't know the difference. yes, I would go ahead and send your visiting application in as it could take a couple weeks to get processed.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
It's a facility that works with inmates to re-enter society. There are also a lot of sex offenders at that facility because they have to take a lot of classes. No, they cannot leave the facility it's still a prison. They have dorm-style living which is one of the worst from what I have heard. The good thing is if this is your husband's first prison stay, he won't know the difference. yes, I would go ahead and send your visiting application in as it could take a couple weeks to get processed.
Ah okay i was just wondering because online it says it is a half way house. They take classes? Like couseling classes? Oh dorm style thats what he was in at the city jail he wont mind that. Do they have a way to swnd the application online? Or you have to print it and snail mail it?