Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Alabama that do not fit into any other Alabama subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:04 AM
loving_me_some_of_him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
Hey ladies!!! I don't mean to be the black sheep of the bunch but I haven't lost any weight at all. With all the stress that I now have managed to get rid of (thankfully with the help of prayer), I wasn't focused on the weight loss. But what I did focus on was the quitting of the cigarette smoking. I feel much healthier, and I now have the motivation to shed some pounds. I will be in touch with you ladies.
Congrats on quitting smoking. My baby has quit also and I'm so glad.

I can't live in a world where
you don't exist~Your everything to me!
*It's you; it's always been
you; it'll always be you!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2009, 03:10 AM
loving_me_some_of_him

I am embrassed to admit that I've gained 10 pounds. Seeing how I started this thread challenging everyone and I turn out to be the weakest link. Sititng at home with no job is killing me. I know that's why I started gaining the weight back orginally to begin with.

So now I'm a 242 lbs. I know depressing, huh? If I don't get to go to work soon or him come home, I'm not going to be able to fit through my front door.

I can't live in a world where
you don't exist~Your everything to me!
*It's you; it's always been
you; it'll always be you!!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Thanked 1,230 Times in 836 Posts

Aw... Baby Girl, it'll be ok!! I think that when we're overweight we're hypersensitive to ANY weight gain... I know that 10 pounds seems like a lot, but you'll take it off... Once you get remotivated and get going again, you'll do it!!! And you most definitely are not the weakest link! Gaining weight when we're depressed or stressed does NOT make us weak!!!!!!! Don't let it get to you! I know it's hard, but take it one day at a time! So maybe you didn't do so well today, but go to bed with the positive thought that you'll do better tomorrow!!! When you wake up reconfirm that you're gonna do better and try your best! Sometimes we just have rough days and they're hard to get past, but you can!!!! Just remember, one day and one pound at a time!!!! It took you more than a few months to gain all the weight, so it'll take more than that to take it off too!!! You'll do fine!!!! Just let the gain slide and start thinking more positively about it! Hey, I mean, at least it was ONLY 10, right?!

And we're more in love and happier than ever!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:41 PM

Don't think of it that way BabyGirl, you just have to start thinking positively. Try shifting your mood a little- when you get depressed try to ween off those thoughts for a while. I know it can be difficult but it works. Just last night I was looking through our pictures of me and him and I started to cry. Then once a tear dropped I told myself that I wasn't going to do this. I began to think of how happy we were during those visits in those pictures and that inabled me to get off of the road of depression... Now to just start losing a few pounds and I'll be ok
The Following User Says Thank You to ST0RM For This Useful Post:
Mommy4Two (11-04-2009)