Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:38 PM

I also spent my lunch hour trying to get through and, in the end, did not.

I hit redial more than 1000 times today. Extremely disappointing and discouraging.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunac View Post
I also spent my lunch hour trying to get through and, in the end, did not.

I hit redial more than 1000 times today. Extremely disappointing and discouraging.
I know calling to get through to schedule an appointment is quite frustrating and ridiculous and really hoping that something will be done regarding calling to schedule an appointment because people are calling to make an appointment for a regular visit and so are the people that are calling to schedule a non-contact visit
Old 08-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,073 Times in 4,609 Posts

I know how frustrating it can be trying to get through.But all you can do is keep trying. Maybe its worth trying later during the booking times when others have got their slots or given up.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I know how frustrating it can be trying to get through.But all you can do is keep trying. Maybe its worth trying later during the booking times when others have got their slots or given up.

I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought maybe all the appointments will be taken up. I am discouraged, to say the least. I will keep trying.

Thanks for the response. It's tough.
The Following User Says Thank You to shaunac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought maybe all the appointments will be taken up. I am discouraged, to say the least. I will keep trying.

Thanks for the response. It's tough.
Not everyone is calling for the same thing or for the same yards ,people are calling for contact visits and non contact on different yards. That is the problem you are competing to get through with all those people. I know its hard but just keep trying.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Not everyone is calling for the same thing or for the same yards ,people are calling for contact visits and non contact on different yards. That is the problem you are competing to get through with all those people. I know its hard but just keep trying.
You're right. I hadn't thought about that. I'm getting ready to try again in a few minutes.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This, if I ever get through, will be our first visit!
maytayah (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 12:51 PM

just keep hitting the redial button.

The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 11:25 PM

And sometimes a landline seems to work better.

Quote:
You're right. I hadn't thought about that. I'm getting ready to try again in a few minutes.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This, if I ever get through, will be our first visit!
Old 08-30-2017, 07:08 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,886 Times in 15,421 Posts

landline was how I would usually try to call for a visit (different facility tho)
My hub was in SQ for reception for 13 months.
I managed to get twice. 2 x's!! Called every single sunday for the following sunday.
Always busy signal. And if I did manage to get thru.....they were full. (due to my work schedule I couldnt call most saturdays)
I feel your frustration. I would even use my cell phone at the same time as the house phone. Still couldnt get thru. This would go on for 2 hrs straight from 8-10am every sunday morning. Always put me in a bad mood too.
And to top it off......i'd read of others visiting the same prison getting thru every weekend. Frankly it just pissed me off. Couldnt figure out how they were getting thru every time.

Just keep trying! Eventually you gotta get thru.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 08-30-2017, 09:17 AM

I've never visited at this facility, but I have had to call for non-contact at several others. My best calling times were always Tues, Wed, Thurs at 10 am shh it's a secret. you get them after they've settled down from shift change and before they head out to lunch. Good luck!!!
Old 08-30-2017, 01:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

Here's an update to this craziness of trying to get through to schedule a visit. Really unbelievable.

For this facility (Kern Valley State) for non contact visits you can only call between 7 and 8 am and 12 and 1 pm, Monday through Friday.

I started calling this week as I was just approved and my boyfriend informed me over the weekend. I called between the hours above Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning. I finally got through Wednesday afternoon. I was completely surprised when a woman answered "visiting". I was shocked, actually.

This weekend was booked, but I was able to get in for next weekend and got a morning appointment. She actually offered a choice of two different times. I will be driving 200 miles and so early is better for me.

In each hour I would actually hit the redial button between 450 to 500 times. Probably even more than that, but my phone only logs up to 500 times. Insane. I wanted to pull my hair out and everyone else's, too!

My boyfriend warned me that his mom hits the redial 100 times. Really? I should be so lucky.

I hung up and called again and was told I could only schedule one visit per day. This is my first time calling for this type of visit and I forgot that another poster mentioned this already. However, I was surprised at how easy it was to get through the second time.

This is the first time I will meet my boyfriend. Crazy, I know. And so now I have a full ten days to freak out about it. We've never even spoken on the phone.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice. I appreciate it.

Last edited by shaunac; 08-30-2017 at 01:32 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaunac For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (08-30-2017), sidewalker (08-31-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 02:11 PM

Well done for getting your visit and I hope it goes well for you. Its crazy to have to re dial so often but I think they only have one person answering the phone.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:58 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,886 Times in 15,421 Posts

Its so frustrating.
(SQ would only allow you to schedule one week ahead...so call sunday for the next sundays visit Or same for Sat. You could also try on Thursdays for any cancellation)

Glad you finally got thru!

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-23-2017, 11:51 AM

Trying to get an appointment for KVSP for tomorrow in case anyone is canceling please let know. Also if I do get an appointment & anyone wants to carpool & split gas im coming from Orange County.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:57 AM

Default Visits in October Lockdown

Just a heads up ladies. Official rumour says that Kern Valley will be on lock down for 2 weeks. October 14-15 and 21-22.
The Following User Says Thank You to Linney444 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linney444 View Post
Just a heads up ladies. Official rumour says that Kern Valley will be on lock down for 2 weeks. October 14-15 and 21-22.

Thank you I wonder why I hope not
The Following User Says Thank You to oshaye25 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2017, 11:48 AM

No way! It's my boyfriend's birthday and I wanted to visit him at least one of those weekends. Can you elaborate? What's going on there?
Old 09-26-2017, 11:49 AM

So if I call will they allow me to schedule only to drive 6 hours round trip and then be turned away or will they not allow me to schedule a visit? Thanks for any information. I will be going to see my boyfriend this Saturday. I will ask him about it and see if he has information. I'll post after I visit with him.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Site Moderator

Thanked 22,251 Times in 7,899 Posts

Quote:
So if I call will they allow me to schedule only to drive 6 hours round trip and then be turned away or will they not allow me to schedule a visit? Thanks for any information. I will be going to see my boyfriend this Saturday. I will ask him about it and see if he has information. I'll post after I visit with him.
They will allow people to schedule if there hasn't been an official cancellation of visits for that yard. VPASS or the 800 number should update when that happens, that's how you'll know. :/

They do put them on scheduled lockdowns for staff training dates or planned searches. Can't speak on these dates, but I know that happened to us here at least once a year.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:02 PM

Thanks for the information.

This sucks.

I'll still check back in here once I finish my visit on Saturday.
miamac (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 03:51 PM

My husband told me it's been posted by their phones that there will be no visiting those two weekends because everyone will be on lockdown for cell phone searches. I was planning to go on the 15th I'm going next weekend instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to SeanísWife82 For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean'sGirl82 View Post
My husband told me it's been posted by their phones that there will be no visiting those two weekends because everyone will be on lockdown for cell phone searches. I was planning to go on the 15th I'm going next weekend instead.

They not playing no games
Old 09-26-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean'sGirl82 View Post
Okay. Thanks for the information. My boyfriend is in seg and so he doesn't have access to the phones and may not know about this. I appreciate it.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Okay. Thanks for the information. My boyfriend is in seg and so he doesn't have access to the phones and may not know about this. I appreciate it.
You're welcome!

Old 09-27-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
No way! It's my boyfriend's birthday and I wanted to visit him at least one of those weekends. Can you elaborate? What's going on there?
What I have heard is they are doing cell checks. For course while the prison is shut down the guards get higher pay, and with the holidays coming up ....