Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Tennessee.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 PM

Default Is your loved one at Morgan County - MCCX?

anyone else got a man at morgan county?

just curious how many of us here.

SAMBO AND DEBRA
4/ LIFE
Old 10-22-2009, 09:10 AM

I 'kind of' have a man at MCCX. LOL
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 PM

My man actually just got put there today and i'm curious as to what people can tell me about it there. We didn't know when or where he was going but a friend he had in jail called me this morning to tell me they took him this morning and its on FOIL that he's at MCCX. How is it there? I know he was worried he was gonna be going to WTSP all the way across the damn state so I'm glad he's close. Also does anyone know how long it takes to get a parole hearing, he's already got over 30% of his setence served. Its a 3 year sentence but seeings that its from '03 and he got picked up after a failure to appear to community corrections 2 years ago I'm thinking his chances are crap!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:44 PM

sounds slightly familar, Mike was picked up on Violation of probation on a case thats 3 years old....was sentenced to 10 months with parole available after 7....trust me I'm looking foward to May and hoping he gets to comehome then
Old 03-20-2010, 12:49 AM

I have a guy at MCCX - for 2yrs. and 8 mos.. A few other girls on here have had him, too!!! LOL Unfortunately, like me, they learned the hard way, but I'm still around!!! He got visits taken away for awhile, but I'm waiting for the day he gets them back. The other girl on here bought him a cell phone. LOL Then got mad when he called an old girlfriend. DUH!!! (She was in the crime with him and another guy) He had me when she met him and found out on here and stayed with him, too. Then got a BF and still writes/visits my BF. I think we both have a problem!!! LOL I'll wait a while longer to see if he grows up and wants to settle down. He'll get tired of the drama and problems and everything with those bad girls. And I'll be here waiting!!!

Last edited by Brian'slady; 03-20-2010 at 12:50 AM..
Old 04-17-2010, 02:00 AM

My man is there I live in Ohio and I have seen him about 3 times I think they are assholes. They are getting ready to move him to Bledsoe he cant wait. Does anyone know what I need to do so we can get married there? He GOT A YEAR FOR A PAROLE V I think that is crazy he didnt even get in anymore trouble all he did was come home back to Ohio he told his po that he wanted to come home that he didnt have any family there. We have a 5 month old son now he is gonna miss his 1st birthday and everything. Its all good I'll be right here when he gets home March 1- 11
Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 AM

Mine is in MCCX. He's been there for just over a year...soon to be a year and a half.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 AM
I Love CJ

Mine is at mccx....ill just be glad when its all over
Old 04-29-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky123 View Post
Mine is at mccx....ill just be glad when its all over
I know what you mean. I told my husband that I just want the nightmare to end. I want the man I married back and this stranger he turned into dissapear.

The truth is when he comes home, I don't know if I am getting back my Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,021 Posts

Well, Martin's...looks like you will know in less than 40 days....good luck..
Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 PM

My hubby got there last week. Tomorrow will be my first visit to see him. In all honestly, it will be my first visit to a prison.

Tim got picked up for a parole vilolation...seems he just did not check in with his parole officer for, lets see....about 10 years. Since he has yet to go before the parole board to find out his punishment, I know nothing about what is to happen. When he paroled out in 1999, he had 4 years left on his sentence. The only help to him is none of his offenses are violent. And he got pulled over for speeding, that is how he got caught.

I have a feeling I/we will be there for a good while.

Tims wife
Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 PM

Yea, my baby is there... Since beginning of May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebra View Post

SAMBO AND DEBRA
4/ LIFE
Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebra View Post

SAMBO AND DEBRA
4/ LIFE
im new to this my man is there
Old 07-19-2010, 07:49 PM

I have been over every weekend since he has been there. Granted, I have only met the staff at the front and in the visitation area, but everyone has been very nice. Tim says some of the guards are on a power trip, but for the most part they are at least decent with a couple of nice guards. If there can be such a thing. In the next couple of weeks he will hopefully be moved to where he is going, South Central. He will be SO much closer to home.

Tims wife
Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 AM

mine is there hes been there for some yrs
Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Smile hey

Yes, my fiance is MCCX, and goes up for parole in October.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 PM

My OB is there. Waiting to get approved for a visit. He has been there for 4 years. We dated off & on since 7th grade (I am now 35). We lost contact with each other so I didn't know he was in prison. I just found out a couple months ago where to find him. We write everyday & talk most days. It is like time stood still, the same feelings are there as when we first feel in love. Hopefully he will be granted parole in April. But I am new to this and and would be glad for any advice. I am scared to death for the first visit. First of all I am not as skinny as in high school but I have never been in trouble at all, never even a ticket. I hoped I would be approved to visit this weekend but I haven't heard anything yet.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:14 AM

I have a feeling that you not being the size you were in high school will not really matter. The fact you are there to talk to and even visit him will mean thousand times more than your size. Good luck!

Tims Wife
Old 10-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Someday we'll be together

My bf is there, has been for a few years, although we've only been together for a year and a half of that. I just started visiting this past March but due to the fact that I live so far away, I've only gotten to visit a total of 4 weekends. I've ran in to a few rough spots (my very first day was the worst but it turned out alright in the end!) but aside from the occasional random crappy attitude and the oddball stuff I've gotten to see, the overall experience hasn't been a bad one.
We are anticipating him being moved very shortly however, which we are both anxious about. He thinks they will move him even farther from me (ick!) and I have no clue what to expect if he is in fact transferred, since I am just now really getting used to MCCX.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 AM

Default Many Questions

My husband is at MCCX or at least I believe he is..he was in jail and could call me regularly, he was scheduled to call me yesterday, but I didn't hear from him. That wife's intuition came over me, I called the jail to ask if he was still there, I was told no. From there I checked the Foil website, it says he's at MCCX.
Now what? What is next? My husband is there for a parole violation. We met and married while he was on the outside, so all of this is new to me. I've been told he has to go through the classification process, what does that mean exactly? How long is this process? How long will it be before he is able to contact me, either by mail/phone? I have an account with Evercome, set up through my phone company, will I need to go ahead and get a global tel link account established? I know he would like to be transferred to Northeast b/c it is closer to home, will he be transferred?
What is MCCX like? I truly apologize for all of the questions, but it just feels all kind of scarey to me right now, I suppose it's the not knowing that frightens me. He has had a heart attack and worry about whether he is getting his medication, all kinds of things are going through my mind. If anyone has answers for me it will be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 PM

My boyfriend is at MCCX ... been there for 2 years ... been in the system for 10.
Feel free to private message me if you have any questions at all. I visit there every weekend pretty much .... & hes on "close" right now, so no contact but its still a 7 hour visit .... I deal w/ visitation department a lot & classification since he just got reclassified and we're trying to get him moved to NECX wich is closer to home for the both of us ....
Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM

This one I know about, I am living the very same thing. Hubby was in classification for about three months at MCCX. Actually he was in classification until he went to where he is now (South Central). Your hubby can write anytime he can get his hands on paper, an envelope, a stamp and a pen. If I remember correctly, hubby was given a couple of stamps to get started. Your hubby will be using global tell network to make phone calls. When he calls, since you do not have an account set up, you will be prompted on how to pay for the calls. Hubby will have to put the telephone number on a list so he can call. With global tell, you are supposed to have a land line, a cell phone will not work (or so they say-I dont know).

While in classification you will be able to visit for only one hour. These visits will be a contact visit. He will have to give the guard his id so they will know when a hour is up. I never had any trouble with anyone at visitation. The counselor hubby had, well that was a different story.

Like you, I married hubby while he was wanted for a parole violation. He did not check in with his parole officer for an extended period of time. At his parole revocation hearing, he was told he will go up for parole 5/12. I am hoping some of the budget crisis or the lawyer we have hired can help him. We hired a lawyer to appeal his parole hearing outcome, that was useless. Hopefully this new one will have better results. I had never been in a prison until the first time I was at MCCX, all of the visitation staff was very helpful with what I needed to do. As I said hubby is at South Central, the staff there...well.........they are a source of amusement to me.

I hope this helps.

Tims Wife
Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 PM

Ladies, thanks for your replies. Since I last posted on this thread I got a letter and a phone call the same day, I was sooo happy to hear from him, and we've been able to talk on the phone a few times since then. Luckily, I already had the phone set up to accept his calls through Global tel, so all of that went smooth. I haven't visited yet, but hope to soon. He is still in classification, he said he would love to see me, but hates for me to make the drive down and back for an hour visit, so we are in discussions over this..haha. And, of course, I am a nervous wreck even over the thought of a visit, I was tore up to even visit him in jail, because I had never visited a jail before-so, the thought of visiting a prison really gets me worked up. But, I suppose after the first time or so it won't be so bad, just one of those things I'm going to have to do. He sounds much better after having being transferred from county. We haven't heard anything about how much time he's going to have to serve yet, hopefully that will come soon. I just hope and pray it's not as bad as I'm thinking.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:13 PM

my fiance is at mccx. he started out on max but now he is on close. for what it is mccx is not that bad.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluvrae View Post
My husband is at MCCX or at least I believe he is..he was in jail and could call me regularly, he was scheduled to call me yesterday, but I didn't hear from him. That wife's intuition came over me, I called the jail to ask if he was still there, I was told no. From there I checked the Foil website, it says he's at MCCX.
Now what? What is next? My husband is there for a parole violation. We met and married while he was on the outside, so all of this is new to me. I've been told he has to go through the classification process, what does that mean exactly? How long is this process? How long will it be before he is able to contact me, either by mail/phone? I have an account with Evercome, set up through my phone company, will I need to go ahead and get a global tel link account established? I know he would like to be transferred to Northeast b/c it is closer to home, will he be transferred?
What is MCCX like? I truly apologize for all of the questions, but it just feels all kind of scarey to me right now, I suppose it's the not knowing that frightens me. He has had a heart attack and worry about whether he is getting his medication, all kinds of things are going through my mind. If anyone has answers for me it will be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.
classification is when they try to determine what level of security they are. such as minimal,medium or maximum. the process time varies. mccx uses global tel link 1-800-483-8314 or if you use a credit/check card you can do it when he call in the amount ot 25.00 or 50.00. Im not sure what he has to do for the transfer. I think talk to the head person over classification. Im not sure about the medication but if I were you I would continue to call up there telling them how important it is that he is getting it. My fiance says he dont like it there but this is the only facility that has really helped him. the guards have always been nice when I go to visit. A guard did tell me that mccx is not as violent as the other penns. It can be scary but just imagine what they are feeling being on the inside.