Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Arizona, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:24 PM

Exclamation COVID outbreak Lewis Prison Steiner Unit

I thought peopel might be interested in this information.* I* just got off the phone with my LO that is at Lewis Prison and is housed in the Steiner Unit.* They had COVID testing the other day and today received*notice that between buildings A thru F there are 150 inmates and 103 of them came back with a POSITIVE COVID test result!* They have cancelled school and sent the instructor and aid home.
He said that people have really not been wearing masks.* I don't know if staff has been* wearing them all the time or not.* I have a message out to him to see what is*going on.* Today I called the prison to set up a video visit with him and they said they have CANCELLED ALL VIDEO VISITS for the next week and I would need to call back next Thursday or Friday to see if they are going to extend the cancellation thru the following week. So at this point we have NO in person visits, NO video visits and messaging that is slow as hell.* Messages take a day or more to go through, especially if you include a picture it takes almost a week to get to them.* Now with so many positive cases they will probably lockdown Buildings A-F and they possibly won't have phone calls either.* I asked him if the phones get wiped down with sanitzer between each person using the phone and he just laughed and said they have no sanitizer or anything like that.**
He only has 58 days left in that hellhole and we just want him home safe and sound!* This is all I know at the moment I will update with any infomation as I get it .
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2021, 02:09 PM

Default Update !!!

I just got an update. And by the way my LO does wear his mask..he is getting out in 58 days and does not want to get sick!

He just sent me a message...They have put the entire group on lockdown. Some CO's wear masks some don't , the CO working right now is not wearing a mask and said it is "no big deal because he has already had COVID TWICE". He said that the Nurse does not even wear a mask. They do not have any sanitizer or bleach or anything to clean with, they don't even wipe down the phones that they ALL use. They have been put on lockdown without being told who tested positive or who tested negative!! They are just keeping all the positive people and negative people together in that building. I guess assuming that the ones who are negative have been exposed or are negative because they already have been sick. At this point my boyfriend is not having symptoms, but last week he was complaining about a sore throat and feeling achy for a day or two, so maybe he is one of the asymptomatic or lucky ones, not to be too sick. He also said they took someone out of the pod last week that had been in his bed sick for a few days, he is now in the hospital not doing well. This is insane....

Last edited by BoosBabie3153; 01-29-2021 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: took out stars...not sure why they were in there
Old 01-29-2021, 02:41 PM
Donation Award 

In Kingman is the same shit going on :-( my buddy got it and his dorm is going through hell. I wish your LO all the best and hopefully he gets through it healthy. Keep your spirits up!
The Following User Says Thank You to mauri23 For This Useful Post:
BoosBabie3153 (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri23 View Post
In Kingman is the same shit going on :-( my buddy got it and his dorm is going through hell. I wish your LO all the best and hopefully he gets through it healthy. Keep your spirits up!
He has 58 DAYS left...ugh just get him the hell out of there I say!!
Old 01-29-2021, 02:45 PM
Donation Award 

Keep you in my prayers - all the best for both of you. It's hard.. it's spreading like wildfire in prisons throughout the state(s) ...