Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Lifer
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Lifer For those whose loved one is serving a life sentence.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Account Closed

Default Lifer Koffee Klutch - Daily Pick-me ups and Ketchups! September '05 Edition!

Hello, Lifer Family--it's that time again!

As the kids go off to school, and we enjoy those last lazy days of summer....let's continue our wonderful support of each other on this road (((hugs)))

A great big welcome to our newest members--don't be shy, and jump on in!

Please remember this thread is for daily chit chat, so post any issues or things that you need opinions on in the main forum - we may help those who wouldn't come and read the Koffee Klutch.

As always we are to assist you in any way that we can - if you need anything or would like to see something in the Lifer Forum just let us know - we will see what we can do.

Also, don't forget to stop by our weekly Lifer Chat, held every Sunday night from 8 to 10 p.m. Eastern time....share good times and the not-so-good, get support, and have some laughs with us!

Last edited by MurphyGirl; 09-12-2005 at 09:13 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2005, 10:39 AM

OH my it's september.. as much as i Did not want to see it... here..(end of summer)>> 11 more days.. till i marry my soul mate.. whoah.. who.. yahoo. yippee yahoo.. and all that..

Well ladies / gent
I am so overwhelmed w/ gratitude.. at first (4 months ago) friends and family a very small group.. were taken aback .. abit when i stated I am marrying brian.. well now : They have planed a dinner party for me.. ))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy the people who i thought might reject it.. ARE COMING with open hearts minds.. and I am just amazed and so gratefull.... Thanks lifer family..
Hope you all have a very happy safe labor day.. weekend..

HAPPY VISITS.. phone calls and letters

Donna
so in love

Old 09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,652 Times in 761 Posts

Shiva!! I am so happy for you!! I can tell you're just bursting at the seams with excitement! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

hugs!

pw
Old 09-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Glad to be alive.

Default 9/1/05

Hi All..

Well, I am sad today. My Godson is incarcerated again. This time possession of crack and a rifle. He is awaiting trial. I love that boy and I wonder if he hears a word I say to him. Well I guess I'll be seeing him in lock up as soon as I can get approved.

Shiva, that is so nice. Tell us how it went!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:02 AM

I WILL!
THANKS pw... and mia..

Old 09-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,652 Times in 761 Posts

Mia! I'm sorry to hear about your God Son.....drugs are a powerful source aren't they? They're like the devil himself, ready for a weak moment to come in and ruin lives. Hopefully he can overcome it someday........but at least he has a cool God mother....willing to give him support while he's down!!

hugs,
pw
Old 09-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Shiva, that is so great to hear your friends/family have come around!!! That has to make you feel so good.

We all try to be strong and maybe we don't talk about this enough, but one of the hardest things about this life is not having the support and blessing of people we care about.

Mia, so sorry abour your Godson... sounds a lot like my cousin. He just can't stay out of jail and now prison.... all we can do is keep trying to reach 'em...

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Old 09-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Glad to be alive.

Default friday

Thanks PW and Q. I still feel . I am actually glad he is in the though, it is safer at the moment. Here is a memorial for a youth that my Godson knew. I don't want him to end up the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Set160_01.jpg (57.2 KB, 82 views)
Old 09-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Glad to be alive.

Donna , how many more days for you???????? what is the actual day?

I went to the beach yesterday. I am working today and off to the beach tomorrow. How is everyone else's weekend?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Hi everybody... How was your weekend??

Me and my best friend visted my lifer yesterday, we had a GREAT time. It was also nice that my friend likes him or at least is nice to him... she admts she still doesn't understand why I am seeing him, but at least she keeps an open mind... that's all I can ask. She knows I don't know what she sees in her man either!

Anyway, I am going to visit again on Monday to finish some conversations

Yes, we are seeing a lot of each other... It's all good, we're more relaxed and seem to "get" each other now... till the next crisis LOL.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:18 PM

My weekend was good Q, good to read yours was good too with the visit.
Weather was nice so I went out shopping to the local street market, hung out with my best friend, went cycling.
Wrote a long letter to Lifer; this week I for some reason received 4 letters from him. They were all written at different times, just the mail being messed up. Yesterday was his birthday, and what I wanted sent to him has not even been shipped yet. Something is really up with the mail, maybe all 'cuz of Katrina??
Not sure if I can make it into chat tonight, we'll see. If not, have fun all!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Glad to be alive.

Just remembered today in sunday. went to chat. no one there. did you have it? missed it again.
I spent part of my day learning a new trick tho
http://public.fotki.com/miabellaange...eraffects.html

Lifer called...those calls are too short!!

Qwerty, glad your friend is trying! And I am very happy you get another visit tomorrow.
Tulip, sounds like a nice time!

Last edited by MiaBellaAngela; 09-04-2005 at 08:21 PM..
Old 09-05-2005, 12:36 AM

Les and I were there briefly too looking for the lifer chat.
Oh well, maybe next week??
Old 09-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Bummer, I work Sunday afternoons and evenings...

Old 09-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Account Closed

Dani and I checked into chat periodically, and no one was there. I also got a call from my daughter at the same time, telling me she is in the hospital with tonsilitis They're keeping her 2 days, long enough to drain her glands and shoot her full of heavy-duty antibiotics.

Anyway, next Sunday we will open the subroom and at least one of us will stay put...LOL...sorry we all missed each other!

Happy Labor Day, Lifer family!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:59 AM

HEY EVERYONE!
okay.. back from my lil mini vacation... it was nice.. thats why i was not in chat..
all i have to say is 5 MORE DAYS..

AWHWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWHOOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD..

Thanks for letting me share

Donna

Old 09-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Closed

Hi Shiva, Your excitement is contagious! I'm so happy for you. Are you going to post more photos? We would love to see the happy cute couple!!!

My lifer and I still want to marry, although he is unable to where he's housed at (max security)--and policies changed regarding marriage and conjugals last year!!! D***, we missed out! But he wrote a letter to the deputy warden and she's still reviewing his request to marry, so all HOPE is not lost yet! It's a waiting game now...and we're hoping for the best.

I can't believe it's already September...my this year has flown by! So has my rekindling of my relationship with my lifer. We've fallen for one another real quick, real fast, but now it's as if we don't want to lose one another again...ever!

By the way, does anyone know any camera "tricks", of putting together separate pictures of my lifer and I into ONE picture? My lifer can't have photos taken, but I've got some old photos of him and I could certainly add one of myself...I don't know anything about photoshop or other similar applications. It will be years before my lifer and I will be able to get a picture taken together, so I'd like something to put together for him.

Any one who can help? Much appreciated! And Have a Great Hump Day all!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Glad to be alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8tivNAZ
Hi Shiva, Your excitement is contagious! I'm so happy for you. Are you going to post more photos? We would love to see the happy cute couple!!!

My lifer and I still want to marry, although he is unable to where he's housed at (max security)--and policies changed regarding marriage and conjugals last year!!! D***, we missed out! But he wrote a letter to the deputy warden and she's still reviewing his request to marry, so all HOPE is not lost yet! It's a waiting game now...and we're hoping for the best.

I can't believe it's already September...my this year has flown by! So has my rekindling of my relationship with my lifer. We've fallen for one another real quick, real fast, but now it's as if we don't want to lose one another again...ever!

By the way, does anyone know any camera "tricks", of putting together separate pictures of my lifer and I into ONE picture? My lifer can't have photos taken, but I've got some old photos of him and I could certainly add one of myself...I don't know anything about photoshop or other similar applications. It will be years before my lifer and I will be able to get a picture taken together, so I'd like something to put together for him.

Any one who can help? Much appreciated! And Have a Great Hump Day all!!!
Hi nativ, Do you want your siggy that little? It is supposed to be much bigger. You didn't save it correctly and that is why it is so small.

Ask SCM32 to do the little photo trick for you if no one else here can do it. You will find her in the siggy forum.

Donna...5 days! whoo hoo!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Closed

Mia, I would like my siggy to be a little bit bigger. I tired to follow the directions given in a past thread, but I guess I am a little impatient as far as fixing things I don't know how to do. I figured I'd leave it until I felt like messing with it again. It took me long enough to try and figure out how to download the siggy. I'll try again some time, but I guess it's fine for now.

I'm just glad we've got one more day to the weekend. I love these short work weeks! LOL
Old 09-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Glad to be alive.

I get to see my Godson this Saturday. He is in a juvie facility so I think I can hug him! I miss that "boy." I just wish he'd stay out of trouble! I think I am going to the beach this weekend also. Happy Weekend Lifers.

N8iv, use this URL in the yellow mountain box for your siggy http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...PPL/native.gif
PM me if you need help.

Donna....I am so excited for you! You are almost Mrs Brian!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Hey everybody! Just saying hi and happy Thursday (which is my Friday)!

Donna, how did the date come up so soon? Time flies... soooooooooooo, whatcha wearing?????

N8tiv, I still can't believe they can deny you the right to marry... jeez, just when I think things are bad in Cali... that's just plain wrong!

Old 09-09-2005, 08:33 AM

Hey eveyone.. happy friday.. good weekend to ya..'s
q. I am wearing a beautiful satin teal green top... w/ a white skirt youll see the pics.)) Yes time does fly... some days it felt like forever.. and then i was just saying to myself.. wow.. i remeber when they (the prison) first told us .. when we could get married (they give you the date)>>>>>>>>> We were like that is sooo far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW.. we are 3 days away.. :0 I am allready signing things MrS... so i am warming up ..

MIA.. have a good visit w/ nephew and enjoy the beach..

thanks to all my lifa family for your support and love during this wait you are truly the best
Donna

Old 09-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Closed

Happy Friday everyone!

Mrs. Brian!! How neat that you're marrying in 3 days! I wish my lifer and I could have such a ceremony. Yes, "Q", it's terrible how we can't get married. My lifer's in the highest level at NM State Pen, which is Level VI, but even those in Level V can't marry. Policy even states that, which was effective last September 2004. We could still marry, but it would have to be just like a regular visit (beind glass), done where I'd have to get a power of attorney (to sign his name) and other unique accomodations would have to be made. It could still be done, but no ceremony. Even if we were allowed to marry, we'd have to do so behind glass. No kiss, no touching, period. I know, I know...it really sucks! (not my exact words, but it's a public forum)

Anyway, I feel maybe this is all done for a reason, but what is it? Wish I knew. I'd never been one to jump the marriage-gun before, but my lifer and I didn't want to lose one another again, and when he proposed, I said yes. I don't want to think our not being able to marry is telling me perhaps I shouldn't??? Hell, I don't know. Some days I feel like we don't NEED to get married... Do I sound like I've got "cold feet" all of a sudden? My lifer confuses me at times! LOL Or being with him does! But I can't stop feeling the love for him...

Mia, I'll try the link you provided earlier and if I'm not able to make my siggy bigger, then I'll gladly let you do it for me! LOL By the way, my lifer's daughter's birthday is on September 11th (she'll be 12) and he wanted me to send her a birthday card from "us", but I thought about it the last couple of days and I'm not really comfortable yet sending her anything from "us", let alone "me". His daughter lives w/her mom and he's really trying to keep his relationship going w/his daughter, and she writes once in a while but doesn't visit much. I don't even know what she thinks about me (he told her we were going to get married) and I think it's a little early to be sending her a birthday card from he and I. Maybe I'm being petty, I don't know. I don't want to seem like I'm moving in on anything between my lifer and his daughter.

I didn't mean to start a long post, but I had that on my mind and needed to let it out. Thanks guys, for hearing me out and for giving me your advice! Like "Shiva" said, you're simply the best! Bye for now and have a good weekend!
Old 09-10-2005, 03:06 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Eeeek, I am freaking out a little bit. My lifer guy's friend called me and said he's really sick -- chest pain, chills, headache -- and he says they won't give him any medical care. Grrrrrr... well, I'm gonna try to get some answers tomorrow. I'm getting worried -- he never gets sick. This is when you can feel really helpless, huh?

Donna, teal and white -- sounds lovely ...

N8tiv, nice siggy... considering you're engaged, I don't think a card from "us" is bad at all... but I can see you don't want to shock her with too much too soon either.

Mia, I hope you have a good visit and he listens to your wisdom.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Glad to be alive.

Default saturday

Donna: nice choice, can't wait to see your pictures. I am working on a special siggy for you.

N8tive: you did it.

Qwerty: oh no I hope he is okay!!

Going on my visit in a few minutes to see Godson! But I woke up with a migraine...so much stress lately I think. I am exhausted.