Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:55 AM

Default Facing 2.5 - 5 years. How much time will I serve?

Hey everyone,

I'm facing right now 2.5-5 years in prison for a class 3 non dangerous attempting to posses marijuana for sale.
I do have one prior of a class 3 agg assault W/ deadly weapon handgun, which happened when i was 18 so 4 years ago which i did a year in county jail for. They did give me a 3 yr probation which i completed early and they let me off after 2 years, this case is based in Parker and there system is different from what im used to in maricopa, like when i sign my plea they take me in custody right away but sentence me 4-6 months later which in maricopa it's right away the judge makes there decision, i mean i'd love to get 2.5 years but im not counting on it, i just want to get this over with so i can move on.
I'm wondering if anyone can give me a estimate on how much time i would be doing lets say from anywhere i said 2.5-5, i would owe the state no money, it's my first drug offense and my first time in DOC just want to get mentally prepared anyones input would be greatly appeciated.

Regards,
Jacob.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 03:42 AM
Spook's Lazy Butt

thats Arizona for you, you do 6 months for half a joint and 3 months for paraphernalia here no residue. It's hard to say but this is your first drug offense, i know its so nerve wrecking. from my experience but i think it be less than that. not anywhere near 5 years i still think 18 months is to long but thats me speaking dont know how things run in other counties but maricopa. im sorry im not much help, but it does help you had probation before and the charge you had 4 years ago that you completed and moved on with, this crap is like a revolving door, i am from arizona and have many friends that are in or have been in and just for MJ i think thats lots of time for first offense. i am always here if you have questions about facilities or how anything else works. good luck to you. and thats smart to get your self mentally prepared. there is a support group here a huge one at that,