Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:26 AM

Default Arizona Parole Violation-sent back

hi,
My family member had been released 5 months ago on parole which was set to last for 2 years.
Was doing very well. Was taken back into custody for violating condition of parole having to do with having contact with inmates via phone.
Havent heard anything as the R&A process is the same as when they first go in, they aren't allowed to call family until numbers are approved.
Was told by PO that she would be there at least a month to 6 weeks waiting to be seen by the parole board. They will decide her fate from there.
Im hoping she will be sent home soon, however in Arizona the board is known for not being lenient. Her flat max date is late 2015, I hope they don't make her serve out the rest of her sentence.
any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2014, 01:26 PM
D&T*020312*

That doesnt seem like a major violation. The board might reinstate her parole if she was out here doing good. Usually they just take them straight to DOC its nothing like when they first go to prison. They dont go to Alhambara, and yes, you have to do the whole background stuff again for phones/visits...
Old 05-17-2014, 12:18 PM

My bet is that your particular loved one is loved by many, and respected for their service to others. Ask those who have worked with them, helped them, and benefited from their example and advocacy (including current prisoners) to write polite, supportive letters to the parole board asking for their release- I'd flood them. I sure dont want to spend another $30K+ to lock someone up longer who is of greater service in the community than in prison - they were railroaded in the first place as it is...

Last edited by Rachel; 06-04-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Old 06-03-2014, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azprisonwatch View Post

My bet is that your particular loved one is loved by many, and respected for their service to others. Ask those who have worked with them, helped them, and benefited from their example and advocacy (including current prisoners) to write polite, supportive letters to the parole board asking for their release- I'd flood them. I sure dont want to spend another $30K+ to lock someone up longer who is of greater service in the community than in prison - they were railroaded in the first place as it is...
Hi and thanks for the response.
What is your logic/thought process behind your suggestion that current prisoners write letters of support to the Board? Part of the conditions of parole is that there be NO CONTACT with felons and/or current prisoners in DOC custody.
What the board wants to see is successful reintegration without putting oneself at risk for further violation. We all know the political makeup of the board and I for one have seen them at work. They are black and white.
Writing letters stating how well she was doing and that she serves the community, yes. But again I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that prisoners writing letters when it is a term of parole to have no contact would be helpful in this situation?
Railroaded or not- it is the fact that she WAS railroaded that should teach us all to be extra cautious here. The system, since it does exist, IS a monster. We as a result must be thoughtful about our approach.
Fighting against the system is one thing (which I support), however once in the system,
The approach must be calculated and careful. Things must be considered from their side of things and one must think as the board may think.
I've learned this being a family member for a decade of dealing with azdoc.
A very valuable contact of mine said that APOLOGY is very necessary here, and letters of support regarding my loved ones success aside from the violation should also be highlighted.
Letters may be sent to the board directly. Care should be taken about the tone and approach. Economics don't help in those letters. Community service and betterment of the individual/plans for education etc would all be helpful. Polite and supportive, as u stated, is key.
Anything that shows potential risk of being in violation in the future while still on parole for the next year and a half would not be helpful.

Last edited by Proudmomma; 06-03-2014 at 06:29 AM..
Old 08-02-2014, 08:51 PM

What was the outcome?