Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Question Home Plan Denied! No where else to turn :( Need him home

My husband and I have been married for 13 years. We have 2 kids. He is due to be released in july and we have been so excited!!! He has NEVER been away from the kids this long and they are dying to have there daddy back. This is his first prison sentence (2 years). He has had absolutely no tickets while in prison and has completed anger management and some parenting classes. So here's the catch....I was convicted of a class 6 felony 5 1/2 years ago. It is money related, I have completed all probation requirements but I am still on unsupervised probation because of restitution that I am paying. I have told my p.o about my husbands release and he has no problems with it. He even asked if I was excited to have him home.
My husbands parole officer came to do the house inspection and was a REAL JERK! I dont need to list all of the extremely rude things he did and said but he denied my husband living with me!!!!! He said we are to have no contact. This is just crazy to me. We have NEVER had any domestic violence and my conviction was so long ago and had nothing to do with him (and vice versa) My kids are obviously devastated. I explained to his parole officer that I need help with the kids and we need him home and he said "well you've been doing it this long im sure you will be fine." I called the parole office and ask to speak to the supervisor that monitors his cases and they put him on the phone!!!!! I don't know where to turn. Is there any way to get this changed? I don't even know who to call. I feel helpless. We have been married so long that our families have pretty much merged. To say we cant have contact puts a strain on the entire family.
Does anyone have any advice for us?
Thanks so much for reading my novel
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 03:42 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,937 Times in 15,109 Posts

Geez....I don't understand the Home Plan denial either I was on unsupervised probation when My Mr paroled here in 2012, and we're not even married.

Were your husband's charges of a sexual nature? That would explain a lot. But, if that's not the case I don't know what you can do other than abide by it for now. Restrictions are ofte lessened after a period of doing well on parole.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 PM

I am so sorry to hear this, and I hope it will work out somehow. Was this the same PO who asked if you were excited to have him home and had no problems? Or is the PO who came to the house a different one? What did the supervisor say? The stipulations have to be reasonable.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:44 AM

Thanks guys for responding! This is becoming a total headache! No, these were not sexual charges of any kind. And not violent charges either! It was my p.o that asked if I was excited, even he thought my husband would have no problem coming home. But his parole officer is a real douche. I called him to tell him my husband will be going to his parents. I said, "should I give them your number or do you want to call them to set up the home visit?" He said, "they can call me all they want, I don't make appts I show up whenever I want." He acts like everyone is his parolee. I'm very worried about having to deal with this guy for 7 months
Old 06-11-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truelove36 View Post
Thanks guys for responding! This is becoming a total headache! No, these were not sexual charges of any kind. And not violent charges either! It was my p.o that asked if I was excited, even he thought my husband would have no problem coming home. But his parole officer is a real douche. I called him to tell him my husband will be going to his parents. I said, "should I give them your number or do you want to call them to set up the home visit?" He said, "they can call me all they want, I don't make appts I show up whenever I want." He acts like everyone is his parolee. I'm very worried about having to deal with this guy for 7 months
Sorry to hear about your problem. Makes no sense, one of the biggest things preached by the prison system is FAMILY. Since there's nothing violent or sexual pertaining to his sentence, I think calling the PO a douche is an under statement. I pray your husband gets a new PO soon. I would try and contact the higher ups in regards to his treatment, if he's being that must of an ass to you than he's got an attitude problem and there's a good chance someone else has complained. If he goes to live with his parents at least the kids can visit him or has the PO put a stop to that too?
Old 06-13-2014, 03:48 PM

ya douche is definitely an understatement! He said the kids can see him and we are allowed to talk on the phone we just cant see eachother. I thought no contact meant no contact? This guy is on a power trip. I called the parole office and asked for his supervisor and the receptionist put him on the phone! I just hung up. I am worried for my husband, this guy is just waiting to throw him back in prison. I can feel it
Old 06-14-2014, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,546 Times in 11,002 Posts

Look, hon, 7 months is nothing. It feels huge right now, granted. But it means that just after New Year's you will be out from under the entire rigamarole.

If you can't get anywhere with the bureaucracy of parole, then the best you can do is make sure he follows every rule all the time. Then, it's just over. It's not ideal by any means, but it's going to get you all through and out the other side.

Courage, strength, peace.

Last edited by nimuay; 06-14-2014 at 04:59 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to nimuay For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-14-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 02:08 PM

Cool I get it, but be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truelove36 View Post
My husband and I have been married for 13 years. We have 2 kids. He is due to be released in july and we have been so excited!!! He has NEVER been away from the kids this long and they are dying to have there daddy back. This is his first prison sentence (2 years). He has had absolutely no tickets while in prison and has completed anger management and some parenting classes. So here's the catch....I was convicted of a class 6 felony 5 1/2 years ago. It is money related, I have completed all probation requirements but I am still on unsupervised probation because of restitution that I am paying. I have told my p.o about my husbands release and he has no problems with it. He even asked if I was excited to have him home.
My husbands parole officer came to do the house inspection and was a REAL JERK! I dont need to list all of the extremely rude things he did and said but he denied my husband living with me!!!!! He said we are to have no contact. This is just crazy to me. We have NEVER had any domestic violence and my conviction was so long ago and had nothing to do with him (and vice versa) My kids are obviously devastated. I explained to his parole officer that I need help with the kids and we need him home and he said "well you've been doing it this long im sure you will be fine." I called the parole office and ask to speak to the supervisor that monitors his cases and they put him on the phone!!!!! I don't know where to turn. Is there any way to get this changed? I don't even know who to call. I feel helpless. We have been married so long that our families have pretty much merged. To say we cant have contact puts a strain on the entire family.
Does anyone have any advice for us?
Thanks so much for reading my novel
Hi, I hope you're in Az but I think so. Anyways, won't go into the b s of this but honestly, I highly recommend NOT GOING to the higher ups. I did this with my 21 year old son, talked to the Director of adult probation department and wrote an eight page complaint and had one of our local news stations call as well and speak with him and yeah, I'm sure they know me real well. I too of all that shit, son was on IPS, violated- did 6 mo county and low and behold his current standard PO says, nope, he can't reside with me. He has a younger sis too!! We were shocked. Like seriously, my sons like, no!! I guess his IPS PO put some crap I'm his file and apparently his PO will NOT SAY why he can't live with me. Totally messed up and yeah I trust none of them.
For now do as the PO says and I would write to the judge or I think first you may need to request a hearing so the JUDGE can hear this and tell your story and let Him decide. PO's can make or break someone. This is what I am going to have to do but it will be my son who has to go in front of the Judge. Your situation makes no sense nor does mine.
And let me say, whatever was put in his file about ME, I want to know if I am being accused of anything and or if I need to defend myself. Wtf!? I'm not the one on probation. You'll have to keep me posted. Let me or this post know what you do. I'll be thinking about it
Old 10-04-2014, 02:14 AM

Default parole,prob,release.

Sorry to hear about your situation. The bottom line that I know of is that when the home inspection is performed, there can not be anyone else in the household with a felony or someone who's been incarcerated. If you feel that the PO is doing something illegal, you may file a complaint either, in person, by phone, or letter to the supervisor. You can call to find out that PO's supervisor info or even if you google that PO's name, I'm sure it will have that info as well. And for the mean time just play along with their rules and who knows maybe things will change for the better. Good luck to you and your family.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:23 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,281 Posts

Are there a set of printed rules they go by somewhere???
Old 10-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,546 Times in 11,002 Posts

It's a general set - no liquor in the house, no weapons, no dangerous dogs, no other felons, probationers or parolees, curfews. Then there are tons of options - drug tests at any time, no children, looking for a job, and on and on.