Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Donation Award 

Default Introductions

I know alot of people have introduced themselfs in the thread created by David but because of the automatic welcome name message it also brought alot of confusion. So I wanted to make a thread specifically for us in here to get to know each other. Don't have to add nothing you don't want to. I'll start...

My name is MiMi. My fiancee is at Beaumont Medium serving 48 months. He only has acouple years left though. I am from Kansas so I don't get to visit much. I am a full-time student majoring in Human Services and Criminal Justice. I volunteer Hospice, local hospital, and Big Brother Big Sisters. Plus I have a two year old son. Hmm that's pretty much me.

I gave more information, you don't have to give that much.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waiiting4him For This Useful Post:
Arminta (04-12-2011), deafbillsmom (01-28-2011), freddiezgirl (07-12-2011), R. Lindsey (10-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Donation Award 

Default lokki

i like this idea. half the time, i have no idea who i'm talking to or where you all are from! )

i'm 64 years old. my inmate is 70. i'm retired and living in round rock texas.

i stay at shepherd's inn when i go to beaumont USP and always feel welcome there.

my inmate has 10 years to go.

so here i am. hope each and every one of your has a wonderful day!!!
INFORMATION
and
to listen!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lokki For This Useful Post:
deafbillsmom (01-28-2011), R. Lindsey (10-12-2012), waiiting4him (11-12-2010)
Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 AM

Hi my son is there has 8 yrs to go in Beaumont Low, we go atlease once a month to visit and bring his son. Wish time would go by faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to saulsmom For This Useful Post:
waiiting4him (11-12-2010)
Old 01-03-2011, 11:01 PM

Hi. My 30-year-old son is waiting to start serving his 87 months in Beaumont - low, I think. I'm from Pittsburgh, Pa. I don't know if the feds ever transfer the inmates to a place where the family can visit. He's my only child. It's all very raw and surreal now. He has spent the last 8 months bouncing around state prisons while his cases were resolved. Now he's waitinfg for transport from Michigan
The Following User Says Thank You to deafbillsmom For This Useful Post:
waiiting4him (01-07-2011)
Old 01-28-2011, 11:36 AM

Hi, Mimi. If my son ever gets to Beaumont, I'll be really interested in hearing what you and your fiancé think about it. From what my son said, you have to earn low and minimum, so I guess he might start on medium. I don't know - which is the frustrating part. I don't know anything, and evidently I'm not asking the right people. Since my son is deaf, his communication is limited - especially in the Clinton County (Michigan) jail. They don't have a TTY - which is actually breaking the law, but there's probably some loophole they found. It sounds like you have a *very* full plate - but that's good. From an old mom whose son 'went bad' - watch him like a hawk. I was a single mom, too. It's a tough job. I fell into the trap of being too soft on my son - since he was deaf and didn't have a dad- BIIIG mistake. I still love him as much as I ever did. He messed up, and now he has to pay until he's 35. Take care!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:40 AM

I hope I'm doing this right... I'll catch on soon... maybe!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:44 AM

It's good of you to go so often - I wish I could. If I get there once a year, it will be a miracle. I hope my son will be there for evaluation, then get transferred back up north. It's so nice of you to take your grandson, too!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 PM

Great idea! My name is Shiela I live in Houston, my sons father went to trial in Boise ID, that is where I move here from. Luckily the judge put in a request for Beaumont and they went by it, I get to visit him a lot now and bring our son. he is now in Beaumont Med, and will get out by next Christmas if all goes well. This is our third time doing time together, but our first Federal time. He last two times he was in Idaho Maximum Security he served 5 years the first time and then another 3 the second time. He got three years this time in federal. I have three beautiful sons (one lives with his father in idaho as I was in the army for a few years.) the other two live with me. I work from home as an article writer for a web optimization company. I enjoy time with my kids, they have been my rock each prison sentence. If anyone has any questions in regards to Beaumont Med. if anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I am pretty knowledgable in the state and federal prison system. (county jails too) I will be glad to help!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashgirl View Post
Great idea! My name is Shiela I live in Houston, my sons father went to trial in Boise ID, that is where I move here from. Luckily the judge put in a request for Beaumont and they went by it, I get to visit him a lot now and bring our son. he is now in Beaumont Med, and will get out by next Christmas if all goes well. This is our third time doing time together, but our first Federal time. He last two times he was in Idaho Maximum Security he served 5 years the first time and then another 3 the second time. He got three years this time in federal. I have three beautiful sons (one lives with his father in idaho as I was in the army for a few years.) the other two live with me. I work from home as an article writer for a web optimization company. I enjoy time with my kids, they have been my rock each prison sentence. If anyone has any questions in regards to Beaumont Med. if anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I am pretty knowledgable in the state and federal prison system. (county jails too) I will be glad to help!
Just wondering what he is in for my son is in Low and he just recently got put in Secured Housing would like to know what that means. Did he do something or something done to him? Went on Feb 8 and informed only visit on Monday and Thursday and one call a month. Please let me know if you can Thanks.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulsmom View Post
Just wondering what he is in for my son is in Low and he just recently got put in Secured Housing would like to know what that means. Did he do something or something done to him? Went on Feb 8 and informed only visit on Monday and Thursday and one call a month. Please let me know if you can Thanks.
The SHU (secured housing unit) is used for many things mostly when an inmate has broked rules in the unit they were housed in. To find out what the reason is you can write and so can he. I hope that helps you. Send lots of letters they are the most asked for when an inmate is in the SHU.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:50 AM

I'm Debbie and I live in Boise ID. I am a f/t student majoring in Human Services and raising my 16 month old granddaughter. My guy just got moved to Beaumont last week-still haven't heard from him. We've got a long ride ahead of us-unless some miracle happens but as it stands it's till 2023. I'm getting anxious to visit-it's been 2 years.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM

My name is Sandra i live on round rock tx and my love is at beaumont med. Hopefully he'll be there until he comes home in June 2014
Old 01-10-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokki View Post
i like this idea. half the time, i have no idea who i'm talking to or where you all are from! )

i'm 64 years old. my inmate is 70. i'm retired and living in round rock texas.

i stay at shepherd's inn when i go to beaumont USP and always feel welcome there.

my inmate has 10 years to go.

so here i am. hope each and every one of your has a wonderful day!!!
My son in law was just sentenced and moved to Beaumont. He hates it! He is in Low. Is time served here that bad? He has 3 yrs then half way house. Any suggestions for the family to deal with this?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:22 PM

Default Hello!!

Hello All!!
My name is Aimee, my fiance is currently locked up in Beaumont Low. He's been in for 7.5yrs now, only 2.5 to go! (I've already started counting days, it drives him crazy lol).. He's been in Beaumont Low & Medium so we're getting pretty well versed in FCI Beaumont - and hoping in another few months that he'll move to camp (though I'm hoping its out of Texas and closer to me and his family)..
While he's been in, I've been in Florida working and beaching (occasionally, the sunshine state is sunny ).. And also returned to college last year to complete my bachelors degree (I should graduate about the same time he comes home, or at least that's how its looking now)..
I don't log into PrisonTalk much anymore, but I would love to see the Beaumont forum used as intended - family and friends to share and support one another, posts about issues with computers (seems the COs at Beaumont Med and Low are pretty regular to NOT turn on the computers for a day or two - and we email daily, so if I dont get a morning and evening email, I start to think the worst), lock down, sharing information and experiences with each other.. For a while, PT seemed unsupportive to me, the "regulars" seemed to basically argue and fight with one another. I love love love the idea of this site!! (I've compared it to the parking lot outside the prison before visit in the morning - regardless of who WE are, who our loved one is, where we're from, and where we've been, we all have a commonality - we want to see, talk to, visit with and [eventually] take home our loved one.. )
But, I'm rambling (sorry, it happens sometimes ).. So again, Hello! Please feel free to message me, like I say, pretty well versed in Beaumont and FBOP.. See you around the forums
Best wishes to you all!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM

Hi! im looking for answers I've been trying to find any info on beaumont fci low my husband is there and I want to know when he will be able to call or even email me. he was in shu and I checked this morning and he was moved over to fci low. I"ve had to go without calls and im hoping this means he will be calling soon..
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 PM
'Til the wheels fall off

My inmate was locked up at bastrop with my best friend and my bestie introduced us...that was a year ago. This man has made me feel things i never thought i would and i am familiar with the "prison talk" scene but Johnny feels different. Everyone in my life minus my granny and exhusband have been in prison so this isn't my first rodeo lol. Anyway im in oklahoma and he is currently at fci beaumont medium, his release date is dec of next year. there is a lot of trust issues between us simply because of all the disappointment in our pasts and i hope and pray this is the real thing because if he is lying then they are the best lies ive ever heard.
I'm Amber his name is Johnny. I'm 33 he is 38. I have fallen head over heels in love for the first time in my life for a man I've never even met.

"We found love in a hopeless place."
Old 10-30-2012, 11:00 PM

Hello all!
My name is Kelly. My fiance is in Beaumont Medium. He's been there for 1 year. Hates it. I live in Sacramento, CA. I had a random virus hit my heart 3 years ago and damaged it so I'm on disability and its hard to travel. I haven't been able to get out there to see him yet and its killing me!! We postponed our wedding from this year to next. We were hoping for a transfer to California, but just found out today he was denied. Now we're planning on a Texas wedding some time next year. We don't want to wait. We're just praying I stay healthy enough to make the trip. He has just over 9 years left. We'll try for another transfer next year. His points have been lowered so we'll try for a low; either Lompoc or Terminal Island. For now, I just want the wedding to go as planned. God bless you all and your loved ones!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:22 AM
'Til the wheels fall off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamasgirl View Post
Hello all!
My name is Kelly. My fiance is in Beaumont Medium. He's been there for 1 year. Hates it. I live in Sacramento, CA. I had a random virus hit my heart 3 years ago and damaged it so I'm on disability and its hard to travel. I haven't been able to get out there to see him yet and its killing me!! We postponed our wedding from this year to next. We were hoping for a transfer to California, but just found out today he was denied. Now we're planning on a Texas wedding some time next year. We don't want to wait. We're just praying I stay healthy enough to make the trip. He has just over 9 years left. We'll try for another transfer next year. His points have been lowered so we'll try for a low; either Lompoc or Terminal Island. For now, I just want the wedding to go as planned. God bless you all and your loved ones!
Prayers are with you girl. Hang in there....did you know each other prior to his imprisonment?

Old 10-31-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alovesj View Post
Prayers are with you girl. Hang in there....did you know each other prior to his imprisonment?
Yes. Actually, we had met in Florida YEARS ago. Lost contact for many, many years and a mutual friend had told him that she saw me on Facebook. He was already in prison. He asked her to contact me so she did and I wrote to him. The rest is history as they say. From his first letter to me I knew there was something...He said the same thing when he got my first letter. We never hooked up all those years before. We were attracted to each other, but we always remained just friends. Funny how life works. He asked me to marry him a year later. I didn't even hesitate. I knew it was right.

The Following User Says Thank You to Panamasgirl For This Useful Post:
alovesj (10-31-2012)
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
'Til the wheels fall off

That is a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!!!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:54 PM

Hello my name is Char and my son is in Beaumont USP. He just transfered there from Pollock La. He has 9 years left. I haven't had a chance to visit Beaumont yet. I am hoping I can get there some day. I am from Kansas so it does make it difficult to get there. I have 3 other childresn so they keep me super busy. I am glad Prison talk is available. It has helped me tremendously when my son was in Pollock. I know it will help me thru Beaumont as well.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:43 AM

Default New here

Hi I am from kansas, my husband will be at the camp for 33 months, this is the first time he has ever been in prison he has been locked up since january, it has been a rough journey.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:35 AM

Hello from Terre Haute Indiana. I am engaged to a SO who is a lifetime parolee.I am self employed I do odds and end jobs such as the past three weeks we have been tearing down a house trailer which is almost done. Yes I do hard labor. I also paint houses, etc and haul scrap metal. I do dog rescue as well. I am a breast cancer survivor as of October 2007. I take care of my 84 year old Mom and I am an only child. I am 50 years old.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:57 PM

Hi .. my hubby is at beaumont low .. nice to meet everyone ..
The Following User Says Thank You to bonnienclyde2 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-19-2017)