Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:27 PM

Default Wigs at visitation?

Going to have my first visit this weekend yaaaay. I was wondering does anyone know if your allowed to wear wigs. Itís really natural looking. Thereís no pins or combs. I secure it with an elastic band and bonding glue to keep the front in place. Iím making a far drive so just want to make sure. I already asked the prison and the co told me it depends on whoeverís there that day.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2017, 11:16 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,578 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie_blank View Post
Going to have my first visit this weekend yaaaay. I was wondering does anyone know if your allowed to wear wigs. Itís really natural looking. Thereís no pins or combs. I secure it with an elastic band and bonding glue to keep the front in place. Iím making a far drive so just want to make sure. I already asked the prison and the co told me it depends on whoeverís there that day.

. I may be wrong I am under the impression that wigs are only allowed if medically necessary with a doctors note in the visiting file.
The visitor should also carry a copy of this doctor's not for verification.
One other thing check the Title 15 on this subject also. Title 15 link
Old 10-17-2017, 01:35 AM

Patrick
Wigs can only be worn for medical reasons and a medical note has to be provided to visiting. Only aware of this because mother battled cancer and lost hair due to chemo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
. I may be wrong I am under the impression that wigs are only allowed if medically necessary with a doctors note in the visiting file.
The visitor should also carry a copy of this doctor's not for verification.
One other thing check the Title 15 on this subject also. Title 15 link
The Following User Says Thank You to Demlo441 For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 08:42 PM

Default No problem with my wigs

I've worn wigs to visiting without any questions or issues. I visited on Saturday in a curly wig and Sunday in a straight wig.
The Following User Says Thank You to magicaljazz2 For This Useful Post:
Marie_blank (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 04:04 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,578 Times in 783 Posts

Here is what the Title 15. Has to say about Wigs, and hairpieces. Interpret it how you wish. Always a possibility someone may want you to remove it and look at it

3174. Standards of Dress for Inmate Visitors.
(5) Gloves, head coverings (except clear, see-through rain gear), and readily removable wigs or hairpieces. The institution head or designee may grant an exception for a visitor to wear gloves, head coverings, and/or readily removable hairpieces or wigs, based upon verification of need. Written approval shall be required prior to visiting and subject to staff inspection during any visit. The institution head or designee may also grant a general exception allowing visitors to wear gloves and head coverings based upon weather conditions at the institution/facility

Last edited by Patrickj; 10-18-2017 at 04:10 PM..