Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Legal Help
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Legal Help Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of California. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 08-14-2017, 02:07 PM
his one and only wife

Miamac is correct. It has to be during current term of incarceration...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2017, 04:51 PM
No Matter what

Do we know what are the self help cdcr aprove programs qualify for the August 1, 2017, completion of 208 hours of Inmate Leisure Time Activity Groups (ILTAG) will earn additional 4 weeks off per year? I haven't seen anything yet
Old 08-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 12,509 Times in 4,851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezsela80 View Post
Do we know what are the self help cdcr aprove programs qualify for the August 1, 2017, completion of 208 hours of Inmate Leisure Time Activity Groups (ILTAG) will earn additional 4 weeks off per year? I haven't seen anything yet
It's still up to each facility to determine ILTAG. My personal take on that is that it's a crummy way to go about it. You can't say it counts at Soledad but not at Pelican Bay. It should be standardized across facilities. This just means that any program initiated within our LO facility should be pushed for approval. Use your facility IFC and MAC reps to make it happen.

57 Regs state:
Rehabilitative Achievement Credit is a newly proposed type of credit available to all inmates (other than those condemned or sentenced to a term of life without the possibility of parole) who participate in approved group or individual programs designed to further the educational, behavioral, or rehabilitative development of an inmate. Some examples
include alcohol and substance abuse prevention, anger management, anti-gang life skills, victim awareness, and best parenting practices. Approved programs must be organized to achieve educational or rehabilitative goals, must be sponsored by department staff or volunteers, and must be approved by the Division of Adult Institutions.

The proposed regulations establish a schedule of credits to be awarded for participation in approved inmate rehabilitative programs and self-help groups at their institutions. Inmates may earn up to a maximum of four weeks credit per year. The department set the cap for Rehabilitative Achievement Credit at four weeks because anything greater could
dis-incentivize inmate participation in the Milestone Completion Credit programs, which are more structured and measurable in their results.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:11 PM

Has anyone heard in order to get education credits, some paper has to be filled out and submitted?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie_blank View Post
Has anyone heard in order to get education credits, some paper has to be filled out and submitted?
yes, they have to submit a paper to get the education credits.
Marie_blank (08-16-2017)
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

Does anyone have the document that was posted a few months ago showing the changes to the amount of credits per program due to Prop 57? I tried finding it and I haven't been successful. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 12,509 Times in 4,851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennig View Post
Does anyone have the document that was posted a few months ago showing the changes to the amount of credits per program due to Prop 57? I tried finding it and I haven't been successful. Thanks!
They are listed in the last section of the regs. I would give you the page number, but they're numbered in sections so it's not very helpful. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
jennig (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
They are listed in the last section of the regs. I would give you the page number, but they're numbered in sections so it's not very helpful. :/
THANK YOU!!! This is exactly what I was looking for
The Following User Says Thank You to jennig For This Useful Post:
miamac (Yesterday)