Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,326 Times in 5,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornered View Post
Be it here or elsewhere you tend to pull the race card out at times that it seems you want to “hit” the otherside in a way they cannot hit you back. Implying is the same thing as saying it outright.
But you also insulted a friend of mine. THAT I have difficulty with.
I'm white so my race card is currently in a place of privilege and I respect that. More so, I intend to use it responsibly. Because as I said (and as I meant), I never fear having a law enforcement officer pull a gun on me over a traffic stop or a misunderstanding based on the color of my skin.

The bold part? That's the whole problem. See my previous post about pie.

Not sure how I insulted your friend but if you care to discuss that we can take it to PM because that appears to be personal and we don't need to pull this thread off-topic any further.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-29-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,124 Times in 9,897 Posts

I almost had my 'race card' pulled many years ago. And if you remember Cheney, Schwerner and Goodman, the latter two had theirs pulled for good, in Mississippi. For supporting a black man and black-backed voter registration/desegregation drive.

And that's similar enough to today's issue - pointing out sins or illegalities perpetrated upon blacks - that I wince. I worked with black students to get a breakfast program started in their area schools; I started getting picked up for traffic violations. I had KKK flyers shoved under my door.

It doesn't take much, once you stand (or kneel) with the oppressed, to become oppressed yourself. Especially when the chief oppressor has a big mouth, vulgar opinions and fast fingers on a phone keyboard.
miamac (09-29-2017), patchouli (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,326 Times in 5,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
It doesn't take much, once you stand (or kneel) with the oppressed, to become oppressed yourself. Especially when the chief oppressor has a big mouth, vulgar opinions and fast fingers on a phone keyboard.
Truth. Today I got told to "stay in my own lane" for being bilingual and posting in a DACA support forum. But that, too, is OK. They can say that. It doesn't negate the need for allies or my right to speak an adopted language in order to assist. But it sure does give you some perspective.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-29-2017)