Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:37 PM

Default Letters, cards, what else?

I hear about people sending puzzle sheets or other things with their letter - does anyone know if LLCC allows any of that? I will call too but Iíve got wrong information when I called & off their web site
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2018, 04:07 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,003 Times in 14,726 Posts

I don't know about Luckett but, over all, ky facilities seem to be getting stricter about such things. From 2006 until June 2016 I was sending all sorts of jokes & word puzzles (copy / paste to Microsoft for printing). Perfume on the letters. I don't remember ever having any issues during that time...until June last year when all of a sudden no more colored envelopes. I found that out when My Mr received a rejected mail notice instead of his Father's Day card.

Trial & error will let you know if its ok to send word puzzles. One word of advice though, if you print straight from the internet, cut the URL off the bottom of the page or it definitely won't go through.

Last edited by patchouli; 04-07-2018 at 05:26 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
xolady (04-25-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 04:48 PM

Yes I read about no colored envelopes , no perfume , no glitter or pop up cards etc. I wish I could do all of that. I had a card rejected because they said I wrote in marker. I donít think I did but seems petty to me. If they investigate it & itís fine - why not let them have it? He was upset because he got a card from me the other day that was ripped apart. He got it but they had cut it open..not neatly even. Itís just part of prison I know but it does hurt sometimes.

Thanks for the URL tip!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallflower78me For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-07-2018), xolady (04-25-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 08:06 PM
Donation Award 

I bought my son a birthday card but didn't send it because I just received yet another yellow paper with rejected mail stamped. Argh! Can they have cards that are colored if it's in a white envelope? It says no colored paper so I guess a card is out too? Thank God for email, I guess.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:24 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,003 Times in 14,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackingthepower View Post
I bought my son a birthday card but didn't send it because I just received yet another yellow paper with rejected mail stamped. Argh! Can they have cards that are colored if it's in a white envelope? It says no colored paper so I guess a card is out too? Thank God for email, I guess.
I thought that as long the card had no glitter, etc, the color didn't matter as long as the envelope was white....but they could have added yet another restriction The colored paper restriction, as far as I know, is referring to the writing paper

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Lackingthepower (04-26-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,468 Times in 2,775 Posts

Unfortunately your best bet on buying cards is to go to the Dollar Store. Those cards are all plain and simple with no added frills such as folds, glitter, popups, etc. And as a safe bet, never put any pics or letters in the card, send those separately.

Aside: I received 2 birthday cards, 1 from my son and 1 from one of his friends. They are both in the same prison. One was in a yellow envelope. Funny, churches donate greeting cards for them to buy in canteen to send out. No envelope restrictions there.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:03 PM
Donation Award 

I wish I would have sent it and taken the chance but didn't know. The one that was rejected had a pic of my mom and him together. She died unexpectedly when he was in jail before his trial. It was in an off white envelope.
I will go to the dollar store and stock up. My mom used to do that and was impressed that she didn't have to spend a lot of money on a nice card....lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lackingthepower For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-26-2018)