Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Extended Family
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Extended Family For the grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins of inmates.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:28 PM

Exclamation Lost dad

Hey im Ryan Anderson or rather was i am now seth ryan kapleau sense i was adopted. I am 15 now and i am curious on how to find biological dad. I looked him up and found him on smart people his name is Jeffery Wayne Anderson. Anyone know if the info they show is real. Or if anyone has a better site or idea on how to find my dad.
The full web address is: peoplesmart(dot)com/default-name-detail UniqueId=000060126613&FullName=Jeffery+W+Anderson& FirstName=Jeffery&MiddleName=W&LastName=Anderson
Thanks in advance

Last edited by ryananderson; 10-07-2014 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Added website
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,991 Times in 11,683 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. If you think he may be in prison/jail, be sure to check the inmate locators for all of the possible systems where he might be.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. If you think he may be in prison/jail, be sure to check the inmate locators for all of the possible systems where he might be.
Hes out now. Im just trying to find sites that would help me contact him
Old 10-08-2014, 09:51 AM

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,037 Posts

What about facebook? Most of the people finder places are legit. Do you have a general area?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
What about facebook? Most of the people finder places are legit. Do you have a general area?
Parsons kansas is where it said his current address was.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryananderson View Post
Parsons kansas is where it said his current address was.
Also im looking for people finder sites that are free. all the ones ive seen are asking for 20-40 bucks
Old 10-08-2014, 10:26 AM

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryananderson View Post
Also im looking for people finder sites that are free. all the ones ive seen are asking for 20-40 bucks
Have you tried to get a basic address if you do you can look up county clerk records. Do you adoptive parents know your trying to find your Dad? A long shot but very good one is calling information and trying to get a phone number. I don't know of any free sites but if I find one I'll post it for you.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Have you tried to get a basic address if you do you can look up county clerk records. Do you adoptive parents know your trying to find your Dad? A long shot but very good one is calling information and trying to get a phone number. I don't know of any free sites but if I find one I'll post it for you.
Thanks, and no they don't. and i'm only trying to find my dad. i didn't like my mom.
I have his most current address according to the Minnesota penal system. Ill have a friend of mine drive me out them this weekend or on winter break. I appreciate all the help and support
The Following User Says Thank You to ryananderson For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-09-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 01:14 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,294 Times in 7,466 Posts

You might want to talk with a trusted adult about this, if you can't go to your adoptive family (I know - my mom freaked when I contacted my birth mother and I was in my mid 20's at the time). I'm saying that you need to work out what you want, and to prepare yourself for what you might find when you get there. You need to work the possibilities - what if your dad says, "get lost, I never want to see you again" or is surrounded by a new family that knows nothing about you? What will you say to the kid who answers the door when you're looking for your dad?

I really, really don't think that just popping by without knowing his situation is a good idea. You have his addy - start with a snail mail letter. If he's not there and forwarded his mail, that mail will eventually make it to him. Further, it'll be a lot more private than just showing up on his doorstep.

Hope it works out for you. My bio dad and I are friends on Facebook, swap email, and every once in a while talk on the phone. I've met both him, and his current wife, and they're pretty cool people. I haven't met his other kids, but that's more because I haven't had the time to do it. I am very fortunate that he's receptive and a decent guy - he's never hit me up for money or representation or done anything that would give me pause, but that's my case - I've seen plenty of others where these things can go really wrong, and you need to be prepared for it.

Do skip the visit until you know what you're getting into. Try an actual letter. Include your email so he can communicate quicker, but really, don't just show up - you don't know what you're getting into. Hell, you might show up needing your contact only to find out he's gone because his wife's mom just died or something, or just got busted, or any number of things that you just don't want to step into. Besides, give him time to figure out how he wants to react instead of getting a door slammed in your face for whatever reason.

And talk about it with somebody so you can be prepared for whatever response you may encounter, and to help you clarify why you're reaching out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
Lx (03-22-2015), marie8899 (10-25-2014)