Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:23 AM

Default He said with 10 points he's going to a medium. What does that mean?

I got a letter from my boyfriend today who's at DRDC and he said he got pointed yesterday.and it was 10 points. He said with 10 points he's going to a med and I can look it up so I know what places he can go to. I have no idea what this means. Does anyone know what he means?? He's still waiting to be able to make calls so I can't ask him until I visit this weekend. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2017, 03:53 AM

There are several factors that go into classification of an offender. If he told you he was classified as medium, the facilities he can potentially go to include Buena Vista, Arkansas Valley, Crowley, Bent, Fremont, or CMRC. This is the link to the classification AR. Hopefully you can open it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4v...JDQldranM/view

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 02:19 AM
Blueyes

Has he ever been to Colorado DOC before? My man only had "6" points, so he should have gone to the minimum center, but he had to go back to the prison where he had paroled from and start from there.

Points just are used for classification. DRDC does the classification.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:50 PM

My guy is in the MDOC in Michigan, and we have the points system as well. According to infractions or tickets he gets, he gets points for them. Something mild might only be one or 2, something bigger could be upwards of 10. Once you hit a certain amount of points you can be transfered to a higher security prison, or the less points you have will look better on your behalf, in terms of moving to lower security or for parole in general.