Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Default Husband is transferring parole from California to Ohio

My husband is currently in California on parole in a Sober Living Program. His parole officer said he will put in for a transfer and had me pay off his restitution and fax them all the paperwork. I know that this could take awhile. My question is what are the odds of his mandatory transfer actually going through. He does have proof of employment I am his wife and he has a letter from my family for continued support. Has anybody here had a loved one or themself personally transferred out of California? I'm so nervous I don't know what I'm going to do if they don't transfer his parole here.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2017, 04:37 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,317 Times in 683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angestar44041 View Post
My husband is currently in California on parole in a Sober Living Program. His parole officer said he will put in for a transfer and had me pay off his restitution and fax them all the paperwork. I know that this could take awhile. My question is what are the odds of his mandatory transfer actually going through. He does have proof of employment I am his wife and he has a letter from my family for continued support. Has anybody here had a loved one or themself personally transferred out of California? I'm so nervous I don't know what I'm going to do if they don't transfer his parole here.
If his agent is willing to put in for his transfer that is a good thing. From what you have written here his chances of approval are very good You may want to read up on Interstate Compact here http://www.interstatecompact.org/
Read the rules step by step section. This transfer process could take up to 120days, or maybe a little less since everything from what you describe is in order
The transfer process goes like this Your husband parole officer submits the application to the field officer supervisor. Who in turns send it to the Interstate Compact office in Sacramento. Sacramento then sends the application to the Interstate Compact Office in the receiving state's main office , then the application is sent out to the field office in the town in which your husband will be residing. Parole agent in the receiving field off could come out and verify residency. After all this the field officer approves or denies application. Then the application does the reverse of what is just wrote previously until it reaches the field office where your husband reports now. It sounds long and drawn out but it get done pretty fast believe it or not. Jus don't call the parole office over and over asking what is going on this could cause delays ( getting slowed played)
There are also contact number at the ICAOS web site for all states. If you don't find what you are looking for give me a shout I will see if I can get you where you want to go. Best of luck with this transfer. I think everything will work out fine for both of you
miamac (05-22-2017), sidewalker (05-08-2017), SonsMother (07-17-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 04:45 PM

Patrckj, thank you so much for all the info. I was actually surprised when I got the phone call from my husband's parole officers phone telling me to pay off the restitution and fax the paperwork. I am trying to not bother him as much as possible because I know heavy their caseload is. Thank you so much for your positivity!
The Following User Says Thank You to angestar44041 For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 06:46 PM

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Patrckj, thank you so much for all the info. I was actually surprised when I got the phone call from my husband's parole officers phone telling me to pay off the restitution and fax the paperwork. I am trying to not bother him as much as possible because I know heavy their caseload is. Thank you so much for your positivity!
Once the restitution is paid in full . Then it will be just a matter of going through the motions.
If his parole agent called asking about restitution then he is on the ball also
sidewalker (05-08-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 05:50 PM

Well his parole agent submitted the transfer. So now we just play the waiting game hopefully it goes through!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to angestar44041 For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-22-2017), missingdee (05-24-2017), Patrickj (05-22-2017), sidewalker (05-22-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 11:00 PM

My husband's parole agent contacted him today. The parole agent said he talked to Sacramento. And no the only paperwork they were missing was history of compliance with parole. Only problem is he previously violated for absconding and only has been in compliance with parole for a little less than a month. He's been in a program following all the rules. But is that going to be enough history for them?????
Old 05-31-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
My husband's parole agent contacted him today. The parole agent said he talked to Sacramento. And no the only paperwork they were missing was history of compliance with parole. Only problem is he previously violated for absconding and only has been in compliance with parole for a little less than a month. He's been in a program following all the rules. But is that going to be enough history for them?????
Hey angestar going through a similar situation with my "heartbeat" now. Ca just picked him up today the 10th day here in OH. He's obscounded before just not in another state ( always county & never have they come to get him) Curious how long did your Husband was sentenced for that violation?

And that's great his Parole agent is moving along in the process. Mine was successfully transferred out of LA county to SD even with a history of violations. Stay positive chica!
The Following User Says Thank You to HillHeartbeat07 For This Useful Post:
angestar44041 (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 11:44 AM

After they picked him up in Ohio for absconding he only did 6 days in jail. We both couldn't believe it they spent all that money to get $300 out of us. But it also depends on his parole officer. And thanks! I'm trying to stay positive but all this crap has me stressed out I just want him home.
The Following User Says Thank You to angestar44041 For This Useful Post:
HillHeartbeat07 (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 11:46 AM

It's so nice to get information from somebody who's been in a similar situation it's comforting👌
Old 05-31-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
After they picked him up in Ohio for absconding he only did 6 days in jail. We both couldn't believe it they spent all that money to get $300 out of us. But it also depends on his parole officer. And thanks! I'm trying to stay positive but all this crap has me stressed out I just want him home.
Hey, it's definitely about the $$. He doesn't even know who his new agent is; we've been in OH since dec 2016. He usually get 90days with half (literally any police contact). No sober living or drug rehab in LA county will accept my heartbeat so I'm just concerned about after the violation time. Smh

I know the feeling of just wanting them home and the stress with the system to be over. That's great you both have your families support in the transfer as well. Keep us update! Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to HillHeartbeat07 For This Useful Post:
angestar44041 (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 12:23 PM

Always the money! Keep me posted on what happens and I will definitely do the same! Your welcome!
Old 06-04-2017, 11:24 AM

Hillheartbeat07 I sent you a pm with a few questions.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:02 PM

UPDATE: my husband received a new parole officer 2 weeks ago. We were absolutely terrified that would put a damper on things especially considering we found out it was going to be a female. Turns out she's very nice and even reached out to contact me once she got his whole case. She then notified me and my husband when she went to see him, that is previous parole officer never submitted the transfer. She also said she sees no reason to wait to submit it had my husband sign some papers and sent it out. I waited almost a week and emailed the interstate transfer office in California and sure enough they have it. They said they were sending it to Ohio ASAP. 👌👏 it actually surprised me how quick they responded! His new parole agent said he should be home by the end of his program which is August 1st.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:13 AM

UPDATE: I contacted the Ohio Interstate transfer office on Thursday. Friday I was notified that they received his transfer packet and would be sending a field agent to do an investigation. I'm assuming that means that they will be sending a parole officer to my address for verification. I'm hoping I'll be home when he shows up! Nothing like hurry up and wait🤞
Old 07-03-2017, 01:00 PM

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
UPDATE: I contacted the Ohio Interstate transfer office on Thursday. Friday I was notified that they received his transfer packet and would be sending a field agent to do an investigation. I'm assuming that means that they will be sending a parole officer to my address for verification. I'm hoping I'll be home when he shows up! Nothing like hurry up and wait��
Every thing is going by the book so far for your husband on this transfer.don't worry about being home. If the agent really wants to do a visual check on the inside they get a hold of you . Lot of times just do a drive by to make sure the address is a residency. Then does the walk through when the parolee is living there.
angestar44041 (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 01:03 PM

I just hope everything is approved and he'll be home soon! Thank you Patrickj!
Old 07-14-2017, 05:14 PM

Update: whoop whoop!!!!! Great news: my husband's transfer reached Ohio parole 2 weeks ago. I had to put him on my lease, which wasn't a problem. Thank God. After faxing the updated lease to his parole officer here in Ohio she asked me if me questions over the phone, and approved his transfer!! She never did come to my apartment she said she'll do that when he comes home. She told me that his transfer should reach California by the middle of next week and he should be home the week after that. I'm so excited I can barely think about anything else. And so blessed that he will be home soon. Let the countdown begin 14 days to go!!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to angestar44041 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-14-2017), Patrickj (07-14-2017), sidewalker (07-16-2017), SonsMother (07-17-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 06:43 PM

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Update: whoop whoop!!!!! Great news: my husband's transfer reached Ohio parole 2 weeks ago. I had to put him on my lease, which wasn't a problem. Thank God. After faxing the updated lease to his parole officer here in Ohio she asked me if me questions over the phone, and approved his transfer!! She never did come to my apartment she said she'll do that when he comes home. She told me that his transfer should reach California by the middle of next week and he should be home the week after that. I'm so excited I can barely think about anything else. And so blessed that he will be home soon. Let the countdown begin 14 days to go!!!!!!

Great news to hear that a transfer happened without anyone having to jump through hoops. Now it is just the waiting game 14 days isn't to bad . even though it seems like for ever for you. Thanks for keeping us posted. Good luck to both of you
angestar44041 (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 06:57 PM

It is awesome news! I had to jump threw hoops a little to get him on the lease but no complaints! I did contact everyone when the transfer made another step forward...first his parole in Ca, then the Ca interstate, ohio interstate, and his new parole officer. Who is very nice! You're right 14days isn't bad especially after waiting 3yrs while he did prison time! I'll post when he gets home😀
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angestar44041 For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (07-14-2017), sidewalker (07-16-2017)