Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Fire Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Fire Camps Topics, Discussions and Information relating to California Fire Camps.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:53 AM

Default From CCC to Fire Camp

Hi all,

I wanted to document my honey's journey from California Correctional Center (CCC) to Fire Camp. I hope it helps others feel more at ease with the process.

My man touched down in Susanville in early November 2016 with Level II custody and a VIO. He worked his ass off for 1 year as a clerk for the counselors office. He also made sure to exercise every day and eat as well as you can while in prison; keeping his eyes on the prize for camp. He scared me for a second when he caught a very low level 115, but luckily he was able to get it taken care of with the proper paperwork and more good behavior.

December 2017, about a month after his 1 year anniversary at CCC, my very own superhero went in for his annual review. He got his custody level lowered, his VIO dropped, and his points reduced, which made him eligible for camp!

By early January, he was moved to the Arnold unit for Firefighter Training (FFT) and Physical Fitness Training (PFT). During this time he was to pass various tests, so I told him to stay focused and that he didn't have to write me. Besides, he was calling me more frequently thanks to being in Arnold.

Exactly one month after he entered training, I took it upon myself to check inmatelocator.cdcr.ca.gov -- and lo and behold! His "Parole Eligible Date" had moved up to reflect that of Good Conduct Credits for Fire Camp. YIPPIE! The next day, I got a call from him and he was at camp. He is very happy and so am I.

I did want to offer up some advice for managing your expectations for camp placement. My man was first told that he was going to a location, which was 3 hours away from me. Then, in a letter a month later, he said he was going to a different location that was 4 hours away. Finally, when he called me to say he was at camp, he said they had moved him to Antelope - right across the street from CCC . I was LIVID!! But once I calmed down, I realized that this was still good news. He was no longer behind the walls of CCC and that's all that mattered.

But that's not all... He then calls the next day saying that he MAY BE going to the original location. I'm like....omg stop toying with me on this

At any rate, this was quite the process. In short, expect: One month waiting period between word of fire camp to moving to Arnold unit. Then, another month for PFT and FFT. And finally, you will get a call from your sweetie from camp! (I realize that this was best case scenario, he passed on his first try. Some folks take a couple tries)

Best wishes, PTO!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopingwaiting For This Useful Post:
Apeespee33 (06-21-2018), katashley (02-24-2018), kfurtak (10-01-2018), Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Sponsored Links