Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:04 AM

Question New to this, when can I expect to see a tpm date?

Hi everyone I'm new to this whole process. Trying to figure out when my husband will get a tpm. It currently says no decision. He's in Jackson right now, will he get a tpm while at Jackson or how does that work? He was sentenced to 3 years for fleeing/eluding and has already served almost 6 months in county. Any info would greatly be appreciated! Thank you and god bless!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieSmith0130 View Post
Hi everyone I'm new to this whole process. Trying to figure out when my husband will get a tpm. It currently says no decision. He's in Jackson right now, will he get a tpm while at Jackson or how does that work? He was sentenced to 3 years for fleeing/eluding and has already served almost 6 months in county. Any info would greatly be appreciated! Thank you and god bless!
Based on the charge and sentence, I would guess that his parole eligibility date (PED) would be set at 1/3 of his sentence, which would be 6 months from now. The TPM is normally set on or after the PED date. However, it can be set before. Given that your husband has a sentence longer than 2 years he is eligible for Performance Incentive Credits (PIC points) which could enable him to be released before his TPM. A lot depends how well he does inside, no getting any discipline writes ups and doing a well on his job detail helps.

When your husband gets assigned to his first home prison after diagnostics, his counselor will be able to help answer these questions. Hang in there.

Last edited by K6770; 04-20-2018 at 06:55 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 01:55 PM

Thank you for replying. He said his counselor has signed him up for 7 pic point classes already. Does anyone know if felony fleeing eluding is considered a violent crime in the state of ga? My brother in law said if it's not the time he spent in county would count as 2 for 1. Is that true? Thanks!
Old 04-22-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieSmith0130 View Post
Thank you for replying. He said his counselor has signed him up for 7 pic point classes already. Does anyone know if felony fleeing eluding is considered a violent crime in the state of ga? My brother in law said if it's not the time he spent in county would count as 2 for 1. Is that true? Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is 2 for 1 for time served in country for inmates turned over to the GDC. I believe it is the Parole Board that sets the release dates of all GDC inmates based on their review of each case. If you lookup the Georgia Parole Board site you can find out how to calculate what their Guidelines recommend as far as time to serve for his charge. His counselor can also do this calculation for him. I do need to warn you that the Parole Board is not bound by their own recommended Guidelines. Worst case they could make him serve out. But hopefully in less than six months you will know his TPM and you can both have a bit more certainty. It's very frustrating and things can get stressful the closer you get to his PED. Hang in there. If his PED comes and goes and there is no TPM set, then post back here. People her can give advice and support.