Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:58 PM

Default How sexy can I be? sending pics to prison

I know that different facilities are different. My husband is currently in custody at the Oakdale prison in Iowa. (Iowa Classification and Medical Center). He wants me to send him some "sexy" shots. I never was able to at the county jail. They took two I sent because they showed "too much cleavage". He is claiming I can do whatever I want as long as the goods are covered. even saying some guy in there with him has emojis over her nipples in the shot. lol. I am just not too comfortable with all that. How far can I really go? Is me in a bikini acceptable? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2018, 05:51 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,196 Times in 3,886 Posts

Hi there you should do whatever you feel comfortable with. Remember there is no such thing as private in a prison.Nothing will be just for him. The mail room , CO's and other inmates will see the pics regardless of how hard he tries.
Bikini should be ok , but do what you feel ok with.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Kimimi (04-21-2018)
Old 04-21-2018, 12:14 PM

Does that mean he has seen other inmates girls pic’s? I would say be comfortable in sending what you don’t mind everyone else seeing. For sure the cos and any cop that shakes down his cell at anytime. As for other inmates I disagree that no matter how hard he tries other inmates will see th. there are some inmates because of their reputation and how they handle themselves that will never have their personal stuff violated by another inmate. Unless they want their jaw knocked off and to spend some time in the hole my boyfriends stuff was never looked at he would have went off. There are also cell mates that have your back and friends in there that are watching your back all he time.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,196 Times in 3,886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
Does that mean he has seen other inmates girls picís? I would say be comfortable in sending what you donít mind everyone else seeing. For sure the cos and any cop that shakes down his cell at anytime. As for other inmates I disagree that no matter how hard he tries other inmates will see th. there are some inmates because of their reputation and how they handle themselves that will never have their personal stuff violated by another inmate. Unless they want their jaw knocked off and to spend some time in the hole my boyfriends stuff was never looked at he would have went off. There are also cell mates that have your back and friends in there that are watching your back all he time.
Well good for your boyfriend however that is not the case everywhere. Also who knows what is going to happen. Prisons are unpredictable places where inmates have little control. Stuff is stolen ,lost and given to other inmates by mistake all the time. Dont send things you arent comfortable with.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 04-21-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Well good for your boyfriend however that is not the case everywhere. Also who knows what is going to happen. Prisons are unpredictable places where inmates have little control. Stuff is stolen ,lost and given to other inmates by mistake all the time. Dont send things you arent comfortable with.
Wasn’t arguing just saying that there is some respect inside not all will be seen by everybody “no matter how hard he tries” in every case. If we are going to try and help someone know what it’s like in there I think they should have all the information.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:46 PM

Hi Kimmi - a bikini pic is perfectly ok there. I’ve had family in and out of there over the years. And others are right, their is a “code” that most guys live by and don’t do that but you need to remember it is prison and there are all kinds of people there. Don’t send anything you aren’t comfy sending and keep in mind that depending on where he ends up after leaving Oakdale might have different rules, but bikinis are ok basically at all the prisons in Iowa. My guy was in Fort Dodge and is now in Rockwell City and I’ve sent lots of cleavage shots and he always got them. I’ve also sent shots of me in a tank with a thong on (he’s all about the tushy) with the view being from the side so he can get that “vantage point” and full on back view. Too make sure his photos don’t go to another prisoner by mistake, I always put his inmate number on the back. I would wait til he gets to his next stop before sending too sexy of photos tho. All prisoners in Iowa go through Oakdale before landing where they will do their time, so it’s a lot of traffic, room for error, room for mail to get lost, etc.